The 'Lost' Diary -- Lighthouse

2/24/2010 8:19 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

LostWelcome back to another edition of The "Lost" Diary.

I judge people based on the TV shows they watch. For example: I met a girl at a bar last night. Extremely attractive, at one point she became infinitely more attractive when she told me she loved "The Wire" and couldn't wait to get home to watch "Lost." Had those two shows been replaced by "Law & Order" and some reality show on VH1, I probably wouldn't have liked her as much as I did. TVGuide.com should start a personals section -- I'd be all over it.

For all you "Lost" Diary newbies, here's how it goes: I gather with a group of friends watching "Lost," writing what happens on the show as it happens, and throwing in my two cents along the way. I am watching this Wednesday morning because of the above-mentioned social engagement and my kitchen flooding, which was awesome. Let's roll ...

9:00 -- Watching the "Previously on 'Lost'" makes me realize: I REALLY WANT TO SEE CHRISTIAN TONIGHT.

9:01 -- Jack doesn't remember having his appendix out. Odd, right?

9:02 -- Jack has a son that inherited his hair. That's even odder.

9:03 -- "I could eat." -- Hurley. Not odd.

9:04 -- When Jacob told Hurley that "someone is coming to the island," every hair on my arms stood up. Liking where this is going.

9:07 -- Jack and his son don't seem to have a good relationship. Is "who is the mother of Jack's son?" gonna be the big reveal?

9:09 -- Claire seems totally normal except for the fact she doesn't bathe and is now Rousseau 2.0.

9:11 -- "I'm a big fan of temples and history and Indiana Jones stuff." -- Hurley

9:12 -- I have come to the conclusion that every scene not involving Hurley and Jacob is going to suck tonight. I hope I am wrong.

9:13 -- "He's dead, turns up wherever he wants ... like Obi-Wan Kenobi." -- Hurley

9:18 -- So Claire is crazy, and she thinks The Others have her kid.

9:19 -- "I'm not by myself." -- Claire. Christian, perhaps?

9:20 -- "Jack (laughing), I almost shot you." -- Kate. Oh, so hysterical.

9:23 -- A lot of boring talk between Jack and his mom leading up to the Claire revelation. Again, more Jacob, please!

9:24 -- So Claire is nuts, but she's only kinda nuts cause she thinks The Others have her kid. Sound familiar? Rousseau 2.0, for sure.

9:25 -- So Christian is still on the island poking around, but who is Claire's "friend"? Jacob?

9:26 -- If a crazy woman asks you if you are still her friend, you always say YES. Jin is no fool.

9:30 -- Jack and Hurley found Shannon's inhaler and the caves.

9:31 -- "What if these skeletons are us?" -- Hurley

9:32 -- "Because he wasn't in it." -- Jack

9:33 -- Jack's son has gone MIA. When a guy says "Whatever I did, I'm sorry" -- that's usually reserved for a woman.

9:34 -- "Very old school. You and me, trekking through the jungle to do something we don't understand. Very old school." -- Hurley

9:35 -- "I was broken. And I was stupid enough to think this place could fix me." -- Jack

9:36 -- Jack is amazed they've never seen the lighthouse before -- AND SO AM I.

9:37 -- "Kate took Aaron." -- Jin

9:38 -- Despite all the evidence, Claire still hacked that guy in the stomach with an ax. So, yeah ... she's nuts.

9:42 -- I've always wanted to kick open a jammed door.

9:43 -- So Jack's kid can really play the piano -- do we know of anyone he may have inherited that from?

9:44 -- "I don't know." -- Jack to Dogen. That had to hurt.

9:45 -- I paused the TV as Hurley made the mirrors move around, and there are names crossed out at each degree. "Linus" is one of them, and it appears "Wallace" is at 108 -- but that's crossed out too.

9:46 -- Jack found his name on the wheel and is turning the lighthouse to that number.

9:47 -- "It's the house I grew up in ... He's been watching us the whole time." -- Jack

9:48 -- If you want answers, try not breaking the magic mirrors. Just saying.

9:53 -- Scene where stereotypical father/son issues get resolved.

9:57 -- "I had to get you and Jack as far away from that temple as I could ... because someone is coming there. Someone bad." -- Jacob

9:58 -- Now Jin has decided the correct course of action is to lie to a crazy person. I do not agree.

9:59 -- "Am I interrupting?" -- Not Locke. This must be the bad man headed to the temple.

10:00 -- "That's not John, this is my friend." -- Claire

People complain about "Lost" all the time, but there is really only one time where "Lost" really annoys me -- when you know nothing in the middle really matters and they are just setting you up for the last 10 minutes.

Those last 10 minutes are cool, but parts in the middle really blow.

So the question becomes, is the end worth the middle? In this case, I vote ... maybe a little.

(By the way, this same theory works when judging women in the crazy/hot debate. You can deal with a crazy woman so long as she's hot ... but at some point the crazy outweighs the hot. See: Jolie, Angelina)

I give this episode a C-. I am willing to accept that this episode is a bridge to another episode, but on its own I found it more frustrating that anything. But I loved the Hurley/Jacob stuff, so that kinda saved it.

Shellie R

didn't daniel as a child play piano? his mom made him stop playing and study?

Earthling

@$$ - Smokey/nonLocke IS NOT already at the Temple. You're getting Island v. Temple confused.

prespk

Playing the piano...Daniel Farraday...Daniel Farraday's half-sister is PENNY. I am betting that Penny is Jack's ex-wife/mother of David.

Donna

Doesn't anyone remember? Jack was playing the piano the night before he got married and when Kate found him in the house while he was looking after Ben after his spinal surgery.

Suzie

Lost is boring. Why do you people like it? Smashing the mirrors was stupid and the acting is crap. When seeing his childhood home in the mirrors he smashes the mirrors. Just plain stupid. I had to watch something else.

I can't watch this stupid show LOST and it is boring!

jessica

I just want to say that I enjoy reading these soooooo much. They make me laugh every time, not only is the commentary funny but everyone who watches lost is thinking the same thing that you are writing lol! Rousseau 2.0 was dead on!!!!

LOST fan in Hawaii

I love this show.... Last nights episode was not the best but I still loved it just because I love the show so much.. Clair was creeping me out just as locke does these days but that makes it exciting.. Everytime I think I have it figured out I realize I do not... The only thing I figure out week to week is where they filmed.. The school Jack met his son at was Chaminade University in Hawaii... I saw them filming Monday down the street (country side of Oahu) but I will tell you security is so tight for this season it is unreal.. I got to be at a filming about a month ago for a car stunt with Ben, Desmond & Charlie where a car goes into the marina.. ALL really nice people cast crew everyone... And the premeire was fun as well..

Mary Dyar

Jack needs to calm down, breaking the mirrors was dumb. He is always over reacting to every thing, such a drama queen. Loved the episode. Going to be an interesting season.

graciesls

Was it once said that the skeletons in the caves were a man and a woman? If so, my bets are on Rose and Bernard.

Also, the man in black said it always ends the same, the come, they fight, etc. But Rose and Bernard are not doing that anymore. Will the peace they have come to with the island help end this whole thing? I assume the have also traveled to the new time period when the bomb went off. Are they still trying to live peacefully? The house would no longer be in good condition. Are they still going to try to remain uninvolved? I think Rose and Bernard are the skeletons and their fiding peace with the island may have something to do with the ending.

MightyMad

21. Okay, so Jack has a child now. When did that happen? Why has he never mentioned a child before? And Locke was talking to some other woman in a seedy hotel that he wanted to go with him before he left for the Walk About and it wasn't the woman he is currently living with since he got back from Australia. The Side Ways life's that we are seeing don't line up with the flash backs. Am I the only one who is questioning this?

Posted at 2:42PM on Feb 24th 2010 by Mary D
__________________________________________________

Wow... you really don't grasp the concept of alternate realities, do you Mary?

These are two different universes, two different realities where the same people exist, but, because of a event that have happen that have tremendously change the original timeline (aka: the island being sinked by a nuke back in the 70's), a new timeline (the flash-sideway) have been created with A LOT OF CHANGE in it to pluck the 'time-holes' left by a world without the island... like, say, Jack having a son; or Linus being a teacher; and so on and so forth. Yes, there's a lot of things that staid the same (Claire's Jack sister; Kate keeps on running; Locke'S still in a wheelchair), but IT's NOT THE SAME REALITY, heck, in a lot of way, those people aren't the same either!

It's not rocket science, Mary... but you're definitely right about Jack losing it in the lighthouse - dude needs to chill out before breaking stuffs that would probably help figure out what the hell going on....

sara

Are you kidding me?? this episode deserved an A- atleast and not that stupid last episode which was clearly a C-

Bridge

Freakin awesome - too bad I just found this diary during the final season - I busted out laughing several times a I read it - you sadi exactly what I was thinking last night - keep it up. I am looking forward to next week's episode and your commentary!!

MightyMad

19. I just watched it on HULU and got so bored, I changed to watch Stewie and his brother get lost in the woods.

I can't watch this stupid show LOST and it is boring!
Posted at 2:39PM on Feb 24th 2010 by Suzie
__________________________________________________________

... Every time someone I know argue about abortion, I have to remain them that, without it, A WHOLE LOT OF MORONS LIKE YOU WOULD BE WALKING THE EARTH RIGHT NOW.

You claim not liking LOST, yet you still manage to watch 3/4 of the episode (if you saw Jack breaking the mirrors, you pretty watch most of the episode.) But that doesn't stop you from questioning the rest of us on why we bother doing so... EVEN THOUGH YOU'RE DOING THE SAME THING!

Why are you SO STUPID? Better question: why are you so willing to show HOW STUPID YOU ARE to the rest of us? What, you're so proud of being an idiot, you have to share that fact to the whole world?! You didn't like that episode? Fine. But if, after 6 seasons, you still follow a TV show that you found boring, obviously LOST ain't the problem... YOU ARE.

Stop watching the show already - if you didn't like it then, you won't like it now!

Me

I think Jack's ex wife is Juliette...

John

I agree that Jack is a big drama queen always, trying to act up, no reason to break the glass....also when i saw david i instantly thought of Juliette...wouldnt that be crazy....jack killed her in one world....had a child by her in another

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments