Chikezie: I Got Busted Over Cologne

2/26/2010 11:55 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

ChikezieChikezie Eze is now dealing with a felony arrest because he just wanted to smell good.

We spoke with the "American Idol" alum a few minutes ago about his arrest last night at Neiman Marcus in Beverly Hills for felony identity theft.

Chikezie says he went cologne shopping at Neiman's last night, took two bottles to the counter and presented his Neiman's credit card -- a card he had never used before.

Chikezie says the clerk flagged the card, called security and he was taken downstairs for questioning. He says he was told something was "untrue" on his credit card application, though he had no idea what it could be.

Chikezie says, "They said they were waiting for someone to use the card and when they did they would pull them down."

Chikezie says he has no idea what information on the application might be false, adding, "I am who I am. It's not like I can hide that." He mentioned security said something about the name of his company -- Advanced Business Strategic Solutions -- on the application, but didn't know if that's why Neiman's flagged the card.

Chikezie says, "I haven't done anything wrong myself and I'm pretty confident nothing is going to happen."

Politico Pablo

Maybe the problem was shopping while black in Neiman Marcus. I'm guessing he did'nt get his overpriced cologne.

dd

Why didn't they just deny the application. Now they are setting up stings, this is ridiculous if true....

donn

the application? are you kidding me? you act as though we should believe this schmuck's "story?" N Marcus will expose this fraud and surely prove their valid reason to press charges. The felon will be exposed as a liar as well as a fraud

Pixel_cutter

His Strategic Solution to buying cologne didn't work.

anna

Oh, coincidently, Chiquize owns a company related to one of my family members? Oh, come on, you lying sack of s**t!

mrb

By all means, lets bring out the race card! Why is it 99% of the time when something happens to a famous black person first thing that happens is someone pulls out the race card?

Edward

Since when is wanting to smell good a crime? Chikezie Eze, you can buy cologne online at http://www.cologneaftershave.com . We'll accept your card, buddy.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2