Court Fire Saves Lil Wayne from Sentencing

3/2/2010 3:02 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Lil Wayne won't be going to jail today after all -- his hearing was just postponed due to a fire in the courthouse where he was scheduled to be sentenced.

We're told the fire occurred in the basement of the Manhattan Criminal Court building at 10:29 AM ET sending smoke throughout the building and causing a complete evacuation.

The fire was under control by 11:55 AM ET -- but the damage was done ... because Lil Wayne's attorney says the courthouse has now been shut down for the rest of the day.

Wayne -- who pled guilty to attempted weapons possession last year -- was supposed to be sentenced last month ... but the rapper was able to delay the hearing until today so he could have dental surgery on his grill.

Wayne's attorney tells TMZ the rapper has no idea his sentencing has been postponed, because he's on a plane right now.

UPDATE 2:12 PM ET: A court official tells TMZ Wayne will be sentenced tomorrow ... unless the hand of God comes down and saves him yet again.

Pitagram

Some call the fire man, f-f-f-fire man!

Loud and talentless

Talentless, ugly and a scofflaw! What is the attraction? It's like Beetlejuice with a blunt in his mouth. Aren't these THINGS on the corner of every major city in America?

JustAMom

LMAO is he EVER going to jail?

Carissa

My fiance and I have entered a contest to win a dream wedding and we need you to all vote for us! It only takes a few minutes and we would really appreciate it. Thank you!!

k

betcha he's havin himself another par-tay tonight!

Homer

The leprechaun tells me to burn things.

loloagogo

hmmmm, sounds fishy. And he happened to be on a plane too. hmmmm

tannabgood

I will be glad when he goes to jail so I won't have to be assaulted with his fugly mug for a while.

Wait, let me try being nice for once...Okay...Let's see...Ummmmmm...Nope. Can't do it. He's more gremlin than man and how keeps making babies with human females truly baffles me.

I miss the days when rappers were cute (LL Cool J) and actually you know, rapped. About stuff. That meant something.

Today it's all about beats and b!tches and Auto-Tune. Lil Wayne and his ilk don't represent rap to me and I'm sad that that isn't the case for our current generation of young folks.

Lisa

He's one lucky guy. I wonder what will happen tomorrow. Maybe the judge will come down with the flu or something and it will get postponed again.

savvy_babiie

i think God is tryin to say that he aint meant for jail...

R.Zimmerman

12. Hating white devils lmao go tan in hell

Posted at 2:12PM on Mar 2nd 2010 by Sam

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Clearly the post of the day!!!!!

Loud and talentless

Take a bath, Sam. I need the ink for my printer.

Loud and talentless

That's the post of the day, pal.

bob

Count how many teeth he has after his incarecation. That is how much he paid for protection. If he is not protected, The odds are he will have no teeth left.

Loud and talentless

Society will benefit when this IDIOT picks up another charge for drugs while he's staying at the Soap On A Rope Motel! The longer his stay the better the world.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments