Simon Monjack -- I'm Returning the $800 I Raised

3/5/2010 8:10 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Simon Monjack tells TMZ he's already started to return all of the money he raised for the Brittany Murphy Foundation before he shut the website down -- but the grand total was under a grand.

According to Monjack, the foundation only collected roughly $800 via Pay Pal before we informed him that the foundation wasn't set up properly and wasn't recognized by the government as an official charity.

Monjack claims he plans to get the foundation up and running again in the near future -- and this time, he claims he's taking "the proper steps" to ensure that everything will be legit.

ray ray

The Devil just called, he isnt returning your soul Simon.

Jerry Martin

I have nothing more to add.

do your research...

I am just so disgusted that her death has yielded a money-making scheme, especially by those who claim to have loved her. Who does that? I"m sure if my spouse or daughter passed away, the furthest thing from my mind would be money. If a foundation was their primary goal, why not use some of the millions they already have to make an initial donation rather than taking money from the hard-working, kind-hearted, working class.

LILLL

I thought he said he had put a million dollars in--and that Sharon put in half that!!!!

Warren

You're right Mustang Sally, on Larry King Live he said he already put in a MILLION DOLLARS and Sharon had put in half a million.
Just figure if Simon's lips are moving he's lying.

Wondering

Tila Tequila also has claimed to have a charity, solicited funds for it, and said all the money made at her upcoming garage sale would go to her charity and Haiti. Then she posted to her Twitter that she'd be pocketing the money and it wasn't going to charity after all, while calling her fans idiots. She quickly deleted it though.

Surprise, surprise, her charity is even less legit than this guy's. She is still talking about it on her Facebook, even claiming that her house is her own and she would be selling it. Phone calls were made to her landlord and he laughed.

TMZ, please cover this!!! It's one of the funniest stories. It also needs to be out there, just in case people did donate money to her!!!!

Arty Ziff

This guy is a HACK who let his bitch - er, his DINNER TICKET - die of a DRUG OD.

Bob

He and mom are two of the biggest losers around. They deserve each other. They killed Brit by neglect.

tom

He is an idiot.

capt andy

thats pretty funny 800 dollors ..hell i can make that much in 2 hours of selling drugs.hee heee,,,,,,thats chump change..in fact i spent that much for 2 lap dances last friday and then tipped the 2 girls another 200..

Jake

I am as disgusted by TMZ pretending as the auditor of morals and justice by giving legal advice that the "foundation is not set up properly" as I am by Monjak jumping the gun.
He has a right to set up such a foundation and I think the obama administration has enough "spy" tools to out him if necessary.
I DON'T think TMZ ;is that tool, OR ARE THEY?
After all TMZ has proved that it is par excellence in photographing under the skirts of young women. Sneaky is as sneaky does!

Simon's a freak

What a total goofball and loser! Idiot Simon Monjack should just go back where he belongs!!! LIAR!

Pegasus

Was this not supposed to have been done, last month, jeesh, I think the IRS need's to audit him, seems lowball as hell to me. It was 1000 dollar min. for the benefit. They really are just a couple of PIMPs

noneofyourbusiness

Is it just me, or do they seem to have some innapropriate relationship going on here? I understand leaning on eachother during this difficult time, but it appears they have more than just a mutual friendship going on. Aren't they moving to New York together?
C-R-E-E-P-Y!!!!

Pegasus

When are the people going to be fed up enough with being taken for fools and demand a full investigation from the Attorney General?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments