Ryan O'Neal on Oscar Snub -- 'Poor Farrah'

3/8/2010 8:03 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Ryan O'Neal is "confused as anyone" by Farrah Fawcett not making the In Memorium cut at The Oscars last night -- and he plans on writing a letter to the Academy protesting the snub.

Ryan O'Neal: Click to watch
Moments ago outside his Malibu home, Ryan told cameras he and Tatum were "shocked" by the Farrah omission -- saying maybe it happened because "she wasn't well known enough."

FYI -- 88% of TMZ voters agree Farrah should have been part of the tribute.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

par

If the Academy is saying that time was a factor in the omission of Farrah & Bea, have a look at the "In Memoriam" montage footage. Near the end, some of the dearly departed were featured more than once. Loved James Taylor's acoustic performance, BTW.

lovely lady

I know a lot of you think she was just a tv actress, but perhaps the Academy should have mentioned her because - I don't know, she was A MEMBER OF THE ACADEMY for over 40 years.

Denise

Are you kidding me? Obviously you haven't seen The Burning Bed or Extremities...she was phenomenal in both! She should definitely have been included!

Janice

I am sorry for you, your family and friends and everyone else who was forgotten. All they had to do is make the time. Shame on the Oscars. And what will they do next year for who may pass this year. Get it together or don't do it at all.

RichSal

I know she made a movie called "The Burning Bed" in witch she was nominated for best supporting actress.It was based on a true story
She was a good actress why she never made several more movie is beyond me.But it was Her Beauty and Kindness is what made her Popular not like the others who think their above and beyond other human being...I Glad she was from My Home Town and I wish I had seen her just once------ R.I.P. Farah

Adam

They couldn't give 4 seconds in a 4 hour program to a woman who had been an academy member for 40 years? OUTRAGEOUS! it is because she never played the game...plain and simple. She avoided all the bs of Hollywood including predators Warren Beatty and Jack Nicholson. She avoid public humiliations such as multiple marriage or rehab..so the Academy decided to "humilate" her. This is exaclty why no one watches anymore. They are out of touch.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6