Conan's Tour

No Bread

for the Redhead

3/11/2010 3:45 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Conan O'Brien isn't making a single cent off his upcoming 30 city comedy tour -- sources tell TMZ that Coco is doing the whole thing so he can employ his former "Tonight Show" staff.

We're told roughly 40 people have been hired to work on the production -- many of whom are "Tonight Show" alums.

The move is no sweat off Conan's back -- dude scored a $32.5 million severance deal from NBC before they kicked him to the curb.

And more good news for the crew -- tickets to "The Legally Prohibited from Being Funny on Television Tour" are selling out so fast, more shows have already been added.

Joan

$100 nosebleed seats, $500 front-row seats, and a $700 package. Good god does this moron have enough money. He’s not Cher or Madonna, I can’t believe that people are crying for this crybaby Jay once gave free concerts to hard hit economic areas would that idiot do that NO!

tiger'smomaphonytoo

To all you jerks buying into Conan's EGO BOOST Tour...I got a sh*tty toilet to sell you, the Brooklyn Bridge is already SOLD!

vulture

Misi.."A folk hero and you have little doubt the show will be good." Now that is funny, you should write for Conan...

eyeroll

Conan a folk hero? That's one of the funniest things I've heard in a long time.

He'd be a folk hero if he gave away every single penny of the millions he made off of walking away from the TS to his staff and poor people everywhere.

A folk hero as a result of NBC's messing up the TS?!? I don't think so.

Thanks for my laugh for the day.

I guess Conan is kind of funny.

tiger'smomaphonytoo

Instead of being sucked into the CONAN EGO BOOST TOUR 2010...

I'd rather p*ss up a rope, yank nose hairs, or just for the community, donate the time I would have WASTED at a CONAN EGO BOOST TOUR 2010 to a food bank.

Mariobros

Conan Fan all the way. Awesome that hes doing it for his staff, would love to go see him but tickets are a bit over priced.

ignorant, just like you

Nobody in Hollywood does anything for free. Not even awards are won without the acadamy making money. There is no way that Conan is doing this for free, hate to break the news. Take it from somebody who works in accounting for the studios that pays these whiners millions of dollars everyday. Conan is making money off this tour. No bs.

Mike

I always use theticketbrokers.com they are honest and reputable and always treat us like we are their best customer.

Christina G.

Whatchu talkn bout? CoCo is hilarious, especially to those with IQ's on the higher end of the human spectrum. Eh, hem.

I'm with CoCo!

cochino

fools and their money will soon be parted

Ryan

Good lord. Reading over the comments to this story, I didn't realize so many Conan-haters/Leno-lovers/people-over-the-age-of-65 visited TMZ.com.

I have a hard time criticizing someone who:

a.) Simply wants to continue doing what he loves (i.e. make people laugh)

b.) Is using all proceeds from this tour to employ his staff.

Just sayin'

Little known fact about all the people who think Conan should just "go away": They find Jay Leno funny, and they want Sarah Palin to be president in 2012.

LuvLeeRita

He should rename his tour:
THE WHINING AND CRYING TOUR!
What a loser. He needs to stop crying about losing The Tonight Show. He didn't have a problem taking the show away from Leno but he has a problem with Leno taking it back from him!

LuvLeeRita

POST 29, Ryan. You're a loser. I'm a Leno fan and I'm not even close to 65. You don't need to wear dentures and wear Depends to appreciate good comedy and a class act.

9d9

I don't give a fu--...who wouldn't want to work for a guy like that. So what if it's part P.R? That hurts no one. He's a STUD!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments