You Gotta Hand It

to Conan O'Brien Fans ...

3/13/2010 3:30 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Team Coco strikes again.

Jay Leno

A Conan O'Brien fan posed for a photo with Jay Leno last night with the letters "Coco FTW" written on his hand -- which means "for the win."

Leno got the "Tonight Show" back and Conan got $32.5 million from NBC -- they're both winners.

two cents

***sniff Sniff*** do I smell /b/tards? LOL
FTW- For The Win!

I literally Laughed OUT Loud!

That would be LOL for you idiots out there that don't know how to internetz.

Funniest "stuff" I've seen in a LONG time. Awesome.

bob

I think this goes to show just how gracious Jay Leno is. He has taken a beating, even from a bit from Jimmy Kimmel. Jay could of edited that out, but he took the shot. Kudo's Jay

Jake

It means "for the win" not "f*ck the world" For further proof see links below fools.

I'MWITHCOCOFORREAL

I know, how about instead of arguing what letters stand for what, how about we use actual words? Like, instead of saying "OMG," how about we say, "Oh my God"? Kid lingo is by far the most frustrating. You have to look everything up on the Internet to understand what they're saying. I'm 27, so I'm not too old, but English teachers were paid for a reason...so we all wouldn't look stupid. Oh, almost forgot...I'M WITH COCO!!!

Robin

Look at his hand the pic is a fake. Coco sucks and he is not funny the funnest thing he ever did was show his ratings on tv.

King

Conan did not "get 32.5 million from NBC": that was the value of his contract. They were legally bound to pay him for his time and talent, and when they reneged on that conract they had to pony up the dough in a chunk rather than spread out over the years as it would have been paid.

Jay Yoko, on the other hand, had to have some place to get away from Mavis that was farther from his house than the garage.

King

And to clarify the FTW controversy, if the acronym (sorry Jay fans, "big word") is used in the context of the internet, it stands for For The Win; the other definition is slang but does not reference popular usage in cyberspace. (But it does figure that Jay's bitter, hateful fans would grasp at those three words.)

beeleevr

a total set up by Leno. what person goes around town with that written on his hand? self deprecating humor, this is Jays way to say "I'm sorry" to Conan.

gene yuss

I smell bull sh!t

juniper

the fan giving him a palm of ftw is so funny cause if you read it in a mirror it will be wtf and we all know what that means ...what the f*** right? ha ha

adrian

The guy is probably an avid WoW player. Ftw means "for the win." Generally it's thrown out right before a bg starts. You type "Alliance ftw!" then lose to the Horde. Geez some of you guys are total newbs.

King

If you smell BS, that's probably just your upper lip; you should be used to what Jay feeds you by now.

meat

Epic (For Real!)

Sad sad

WhOOOOOOOOOO Team CoCo!

Stacey

You can tell who the true geeks are. FTW = FOR THE WIN.