Corey Haim's Funeral -- All Taken Care Of

3/13/2010 5:17 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Corey HaimCorey Haim's funeral costs will be covered by the memorabilia company that was auctioning off some of his belongings, this according to the company and sources close to Haim.

Haim's mother had been reaching out for donations, but a company called Startifacts volunteered to donate the proceeds from their Haim-related auctions.

Michael Kronick, owner of Startifacts, says rather than wait til all the sales were complete, they'll come to the funeral next week with a check for $20,000 -- to cover the costs of the headstone, transporting the body to Toronto, and whatever else is needed.

Remembering Corey Haim

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Robyn

Thank God!!! That woman doesn't need to worry about anything else. Feldman could have paid up a little huh?

lolokailey

WHAT A WONDERFUL GESTURE....GLAD SOMEONE IS HELPING THIS FAMILY OUT!

WillOTheWisp

Wow, they didn't waste anytime! I feel so bad for his mother.
May the Lord give her His Peace.

YOUCH

Also, I think that Startifacs is going to make big money on their "generous" outpouring.

that.is.all

Most excellent.

RIP lovely guy

Condolences to your mommy and friends and all the people that loved you and you loved

Ansley

So Sad....I am sure the company coughing up the money will somehow turn a profit on Coreys funeral??? Profiting on his life and death...now that is a new low....but then again they are paying to have him laid to rest in a dignified manner...God rest his beautiful yet tormented soul...fly with the Angels

DougieB

That's a true class act right there...

Jack

Susie probably walked away with most of Feldman's money in the divorce and what she didn't take, the lawyers probably did. Probably didn't have much to begin with either. Been a lot of years since he was anything other than a former child star. Agree though the gesture would have been nice.

JLS

Thank GOD. His poor mom has her own fight for life. She didn't need the worries. Thank you Startifact!

WillOTheWisp

4. yep, I agree, Corey Feldman could have coughed up a few bucks, Hell I have enough in savings to cover the funeral and I was never famous.

Posted at 1:31PM on Mar 13th 2010 by Cheryl

Hey Cheryl, here's an idea; why don't you pay for Corey's funeral, since you have enough money to pay for it, and leave Feldman's money alone?
You people are just ignorant! Pisses me off when people try and tell others how to spend their own money!
It's bad enough to have the government telling you to hand over your hard earn money, let a lone some bozo trying to judge and dictate how and where you should place you money.
Get a life loser!

Sloane

don't agree with posting #4
Feldman should not be expected to pay for anything-neither of the Corey's were working much-which is why they did the reality show

perhaps he will help to emotionally support Haim's mom-which is the biggest priority right now

unfortunate that the family aren't in a position financially to to cover the cost- but sometimes that happens

the mom needs to try and once again become positive in her fight against cancer-will not be easy at such a tragic time

Wanda W.

Don't kid yourselves people. They want something for their good deed ! Like maybe creating an interest in their company,and creating a buzz going WHEN they do sell. They'll probably end up making thousands MORE than if they had auctioned off the stuff NOW ! Leeches,not noble beings !

Wanda W.

And if they "weren't working much " "Sloane " how did he pay for all those prescriptions when he was doctor shopping? Drug addicts find money for drugs. Is this in anyway unclear to anyone ?

Robyn

If I had a friend who died and the parents couldn't afford to have his/her body shipped and to have a funeral I would make sure they got the money somehow. I would put jars out at grocery stores, coffee shops, bars, etc.. Whatever I had to do to ease their pain I would. Just sayin! Feldman had a fine house and is always driving luxury cars. He COULD have done something.

jbjg24m

so young for a wasted life

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments