Michael Jackson Estate

Inks Record,

Record Deal

3/16/2010 9:10 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0630_mj_exd_tmz_06-1TMZ has confirmed the Michael Jackson estate has signed the biggest deal ever in music -- worth up to $250 million with a guarantee of $200 million.

The estate made the deal with Sony Music Entertainment -- the contract is for 10 projects over seven years.

One album will debut in November, which contains never-before released recordings. We're told Jackson left enough material for at least three albums of fresh material.

A source tells TMZ the royalty rate on foreign sales is the key to the deal -- and 2/3 of the sales of MJ records traditionally have been outside the U.S.

And we're told Sony gets a two-year extension for the right to distribute the Michael Jackson catalog -- to 2017.

The deal has nothing to do with The Beatles' catalog -- it's all about MJ original recordings.

The agreement was brokered by John Branca and John McClain, executors of the MJ estate.

balls

LEO
March 16, 2010

You should be able to have fun doing pretty much anything today. Your amazing energy might also sweep up others in your vicinity, so they may need to avoid you if they want to be grumpy.

nan

well that is an amazing deal...i hope its good stuff

whatev

Michael,
Oh how I wish you were here!
I will love you forever.
I will never stop missing you.
Can't wait for the new music.

Any haters out there....learn the truth.
Don't be fooled by the media...about Michael or anything else.

RIP MJ
XOXOXO

esteepttrsn

i CAN'T WAIT FOR MJ MUSIC!!!!

tishMJfan

"Piece by piece MJ is revealed" KO's quote in This Is It.....jus sayin'

Rachel

michael is the KING and he shall rule the charts again...

What a "thrilling" time to be alive..................................!!

_earthSong_

7EVEN

Daphne Lorincz

Looking forward to buying whatever MJ. Love you. Lets keep his music legacy alive. Go Branca team go.

WillOTheWisp

Yeaaaaaa Michael!!!!!

I can't wait to hear his voice again!!! That's what I'm talking about!!! His MUSIC!!!

Did anybody read where Omar is telling MJ's 3, that he's their daddy and even went as far as changing his name to Omar Michael Bahatti?

I think the sand has washed off that dude's beach!!! Seriously!!!

Tara

"UNBREAKABLE" records!! You rock MJ

You can't believe it, you can't conceive it
and you can't touch me, 'cause I'm "untouchable"
and I know you hate it, and you can't take it
You'll never break me, 'cause I'm unbreakable

mjjfan50

Great! new music for the fans, opportunities to keep MJ's legacy going strong, future earnings for MJ3, the estate cabable of paying down the debt = win, win, win

WTG Team Branca!

sc341

TO TMZ STAFF: NOW THAT HE JUST GOT THE BIGGEST RECORDING DEAL IN HISTORY ($250 MILLION) COULD YOU PUT UP A BETTER PICTURE WITH YOUR STORY? OTHERWISE I WON'T BE COMING TO YOUR SITE. THIS STORY IS ALREADY ALL OVER THE INTERNET, YOU'RE NOT THE FIRST.

Anne

What's a news!
looking forward for those album!

we love you more,
Ann

susie

at least 3 albums????????????????????
Am I wrong or there were more than 100 unreleased songs in the hard disk?
ahahahah he heeeeeeeeee

WillOTheWisp

5. "The future of Michael Jackson is unlimited" per John Branca. Except for the part where he is dead.

Posted at 11:03PM on Mar 15th 2010 by a fan

Touché !!! One is dead only when there is no mention of one’s name, and the memories of that one have long faded away!! Therefore, Michael LIVES!!! Yeaaaaaa!!!!!