Dennis Hopper

I'm Sick, I'm Broke

3/23/2010 7:40 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Dennis Hopper is extremely ill from his battle with cancer -- he weighs a little over 100 pounds and is nearly broke, according to new court documents obtained by TMZ.

The docs, filed by celebrity attorney Joe Mannis in Hopper's mega-divorce case, paints a grim picture of Hopper's life. One of his doctors submitted a declaration, stating, "It is doubtful that Mr. Hopper will ever recover sufficiently to be subject to a deposition."

Hopper says in the legal docs he is willing to pay estranged wife Victoria $5,000 a month in spousal support, and that's all he can afford. Hopper's CPA says Dennis' liquid assets total $300,280 ... plus another $10,900 in Hopper's corporations.

The CPA says in recent years, "Hopper has basically lived on income derived from new acting services." Because of his cancer, Hopper can't work, and in 2009 he earned $57,000 in residuals. Mannis says that's what Hopper will pull in this year as well.

Victoria has alleged Dennis is loaded because of art he has created and sold. Dennis counters in legal docs that in the last 9 years he's sold art to the tune of $1,895,000, but his expenses to create and store the art totaled $1,850,000 -- so he's saying the net profit for 9 years is a measly $45,000.

According to the docs, Dennis has been living off a $450,000 line of credit, but there is "no further borrowing possible."

D\'bill

Wow he's the poorest Conservative I know. And those family values, what a family! Let's see he's been in the LIBERAL Arts for over 50 years,acting,directing,photographing and painting and he's BROKE?
No wonder he was politically confused. Those people are killing him.

Cappy Lills Kid

Gotta start selling off those assets ---

ancrum

Hopper's SAG (Screen Actors Guild) pension, plus an AFTRA pension must bring in at least a hundred thousand a year, I'm guessing a lot more. His art collection alone, which he started decades ago, is world famous and contains contemporary paintings worth millions. Plus, he owns prime real estate.
He's obviously trying to throw his wife and the public off the track with his comments

Paniolo

To TMZ:
Where is Dennis now ?
Is he at home under Hospice care ? Other Hospice location ? Hospital ?
I'm not planning a visit - just curious about the level of care .

D Smith

On October 29, 2009, Hopper's manager reported that Hopper has been diagnosed with advanced prostate cancer. In January 2010, it was reported that Hopper's cancer had metastasized to his bones.

Just Facts

This is a dreadful way to die, Prostate is so vital to the function of the human body. I am confident that he is incapable of eating properly, whereby gaining nourishment and is therefore is dreadfully fragile. Nothing, not money, I mean nothing is more imperative than ones health, particularly when they are older. Typically, with age, all the careless things you did with your body are magnified, and the quality of life is not there. At that point, you are prepared to sleep, to have peace, and you are not fearful to pass from this world to the next.

Thank you Mr. Hopper for sharing your panache, intellectual insights, and existence with me. A GOOD RIDE...

TheMiZzle

I'll give you 300,000 reazons why he izn't broke. Don't EVER feel zorry for a guy in hiz 70'z who haz a 7 year-old daughter....TheMiZzle

Skeptic

"Consider every woman as a potential litigant waiting for a good case."

What a lovely wife she was, after draining him completely, she's taking the mattress off his death bed.

happythebitchisSCREWED

I guess few remember that Dennis did not work much after Easy Rider because of personal issues. It was'nt until the 90's that his career picked up again. He learned well and performed well. Now he is ill and has spousal problems which will probably outlast his time here. It's to bad so many bitter bitches are condemning him and his offspring for what seems to be looking after their own self interest. She can always do dancing with the stars or a tell all. Oh sorry she already planned on that plus the gold digging antics at the present. I do feel sorry for her tho, maybe massengil can use her stinky azz.

colieolie83

hopefully VICTORIA WILL DIE A HORRIBLY SLOW PAINFULL DEATH... WHAT A BITCH. there is a SPECIAL place in HELL for golddigging WHORES like herself. ALL PRAYERS GO TO HIS CHILD. I HOPE THIS CUN+ doesn't get a dime! GET A JOB YOU SELFISH SKANK!

Lee Fisher

The pain and suffering is sad in Mr. Hopper case, however when to people act like adults and do the responsible things. His debts are possibly of poor choices, to be frank grow up. You enjoyed the good life, I'm sorry but it's not for the common people, who pay their bills, to feel that sorry for your childish behavior.

excretive producer

How the mighty do fall.

Scroomy

So sad.

me

Hopefully there is a special level in hell for people like the ex who make Dennis's last days on earth so 'pleasant and fulfilling.' I can't imagine having to fend off a bitch like that when I could be spending my little energy and money trying to have a little joy with the time I had left.

danger baby

TMZ: How would you feel if you were on your last legs and had your financial woes splashed across the Internet? It's not as if he went to visit "Bombshell" McGee. I think you've crossed the line here.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments