War Brewing over MJ's 'Thriller' Musical

3/23/2010 5:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael JacksonMichael Jackson is coming to Broadway, whether his estate likes it or not ... at least that's what the most famous Broadway family says.

Nederlander Presentations has filed a creditor's claim, but it's not asking for money. Nederlander wants the probate judge to tell the executors they have no choice but to honor a contract Michael Jackson inked in 2008 for a musical stage play featuring music from "Thriller" and "Off the Wall."

The production hit a major road bump last year, when John Landis sued Michael Jackson, claiming MJ couldn't make a deal for the musical without his sign off. Landis directed "Thriller." That suit is pending.

Howard Weitzman, legal guru for the MJ estate, tells TMZ, "I've seen their creditor's claim. I don't agree with their request."

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

cindee

love you forever and ever

CONSPIRACY2murder

"Dr" MURRAY: THE PINOCCHIO (REFUTING EVERY LIE TOLD BY "DR" & HIS ATTORNEYS)

FRANK DILEO & RANDY PHILLIPS - Lies, Inconsistencies & deception PART 1

FRANK DILEO & RANDY PHILLIPS - Lies, Inconsistencies & deception PART 2

Daphne Lorincz

FRANK DILEO & RANDY PHILLIPS - Lies, Inconsistencies & deception PART 1

FRANK DILEO & RANDY PHILLIPS - Lies, Inconsistencies & deception PART 2

Posted at 4:04PM on Mar 24th 2010 by MichaelJACKSON

Yeah, I watched both videos. So, if everything was true, then, what is the family going to do? According to the two videos, u are trying to make us feel that those people were involved, but u need proof in court. The important players need to be forthright & come forth with the truth, otherwise, nothing could be done to right the wrong. Well, we can't bring MJ back, but at least justice could be done. But how could fans do anything. We were not there. The doctor, the bodyguards & all the adults that were there that night should tell the trust. But I guess the bodyguards were fired that night according to the video, so I guess they weren't there. I strongly believe Murray holds the keys to a lot of the unanswered questions. The videos are disturbing. Don't know who to trust. You can imagine how MJ felt as he too always didn't know who to trust. RIP Michael. Love you.

Daphne Lorincz

Sorry, correction. I meant to say the adults that were there that night should tell the truth.

Rx

Thanks for your post, Patty. It always pleases me when I learn that an arrow I have aimed at you Jacko Wackos has found its mark.

m

@Daphne umm they play with their cousiins and Katherine is a great grandmother who will teach them more and they are home schooled so i don't know what you're talkin about.

Simone

First!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

balls

balls

Missy

I thought it was past time for anyone to file a creditors claim?

elaine

I've heard it all now. Putting my hands over my ears NANANANANANA
Who do they think is going to want to see this without Michael? What a mess.

ThePrevailingTruth

So in lieu of money they want MJ to do the show? And how is this not a hoax? This is getting hilarious now. But I LOVE it, keep the articles coming.

anne1536

how much money related crap does a person have to face, alive and dead?

mimi

i hope they are able to do the musical.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments