War Brewing over MJ's 'Thriller' Musical

3/23/2010 5:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael JacksonMichael Jackson is coming to Broadway, whether his estate likes it or not ... at least that's what the most famous Broadway family says.

Nederlander Presentations has filed a creditor's claim, but it's not asking for money. Nederlander wants the probate judge to tell the executors they have no choice but to honor a contract Michael Jackson inked in 2008 for a musical stage play featuring music from "Thriller" and "Off the Wall."

The production hit a major road bump last year, when John Landis sued Michael Jackson, claiming MJ couldn't make a deal for the musical without his sign off. Landis directed "Thriller." That suit is pending.

Howard Weitzman, legal guru for the MJ estate, tells TMZ, "I've seen their creditor's claim. I don't agree with their request."

Inma

poor Michael, surrounded of people that saying they loved him....

but i think they really loved only the box office $$$$$ :(

THANK YOU MICHAEL!
ILYM :`(

bunny93

It sounds like it would be great for everyone to enjoy because Thriller is a great song and a great video so a musical would be extravagant. Long Live the King

RIP MJ

Daphne Lorincz

On poster asked earlier about what's new with MJ's driver at the time of his death. I found this on the net. An excerpt from an article I came across:-

"Alvarez and the others who gave the statements, Williams and driver/bodyguard Faheem Muhammad, could be key witnesses should Murray go to trial. Except for the brief appearances by the nanny and the children, Alvarez and Muhammad were the only others in the room with Murray as he tried to save Jackson before paramedics arrived"

I will do some more research & see if I could come up with something new on thisFaheem Muhammad guy.

Missy

I will be telling him myself,Raise The Curtain,because I will be in heaven with him. Hope you enjoy the heat!

Daphne Lorincz

27. Landis owns 50% of Thriller. It was MICHAEL who has been screwing him for years and why Landis sued him for back royalties and why he sued to stop this contract. MJ had no legal right to sign a contract on his own for anything to do with a Thriller production.

Posted at 9:07AM on Mar 23rd 2010 by Susan

Rx

Help! There is a monster under my bed. Ooops...never mind. It is just Michael Jackson.

Rx

I feel the love you have for me, im just sayin. Wacko Jacko would be proud that you are one Jacko Wacko who is keeping his legacy of love alive.

sue

wish mj was here

#50 sue im sorry when i did this post it wasnt meant for you it was meant for the other moron.i relize i made a mistake after i had already posted it .i was in a hurry didnt have time to read it before i had to go.i want to say thank you for defending me.i appricate it very much.again im sorry i should have took the time to read my post before putting it on here.i can understand why your mad.

Linda Lovelest

42. I love hearing

from MJ fans. They are so full of love.

Posted at 11:45AM on Mar 23rd 2010 by The Grim Reaper
_______________

Yo G.R....haven't seen YOU around in a long time. How's it been going?

sue

mjloverforever, no problem its ok, i just hope you dont let gr or any of the haters make you feel bad, they are just doing it to see you get upset. the post gr sent you was just horrible, i am cloned on here all the time with negative comments that say i made them but everyone knows i would never say anything bad about michael or his family so you just have to ignore them most of the time they are harmless. its just really annoying.. have a blessed day!!! sue from tampa

Wombat

"50. mjloverforever,post40 i was defending you on post 29 and this is what you do!!! talk about being an idiot... whatever!!! hope you have a better day dear!!! sue from tampa

Posted at 1:15PM on Mar 23rd 2010 by sue"

Maybe you dummies should realize that the number assigned to a post changes constantly. You need to include the posters name to be accurate as to "who" you are talking to.

For instance, when I click on the "add comment" button in a few seconds, my place within this thread will be assigned...but not until I go to my e-mail and confirm my remark will it show. I might very well be post #60 in this thread, but until I confirm my remarks someone else will be assigned #60...after I confirm my remarks, I will become #60 and the former #60 will become #61 and everyone after them will go up one number as well.

So quit your "Wahhhhhhhhhhhh! They didn't send me any love back and hurt my feelings! Wahhhhhhhhh!"

Steve England

From an interview with John Landis...

'"Listen," he says smiling, "Michael probably owes me $10 million because he's in hock to Sony so deeply. All the monies from the Thriller video, which I own 50 per cent, are collected by Sony.

My deal is with Michael's company, and he owes Sony so much that they keep the money. So I will never get the money, and if I want to sue Michael, it's like, 'Get in line.' "

"Landis did a deal with the new cable network Showtime, who handed over $300,000 for the video and the making-of feature that Landis would oversee, too. The rest of the budget came from MTV."'

Linda Lovelest

47. I still don't understand why Landis could have owned 50% of Thriller. According to MJ's autobiography "Moonwalk", page 202, 2nd paragraph, clearly states that MJ paid for Beat It & Thriller & that he owned both of those films himself as a result. Could someone clarify this for me.

Posted at 12:33PM on Mar 23rd 2010 by Daphne Lorincz

According to your bible by quoting page and paragraph proves nothing. According to Michael Jackson he owned everything, including This Is It the song?

Rx

Its been going pretty good, Tellit, but I have actually been around the whole time. I change my user names constantly. Always picking a suitable one to match the posted comments I make. It is a little hit and run game I like to use on the Jacko Wackos. They think I am many when in fact I am one and it drives them crazy. Of course, the way they obsess over their pedophile pop god MJ already, it is a very short drive.

B.I.H. (Burn In Hell) MJ