Joe Jackson Gets Wrongful Death Ball Rolling

3/24/2010 2:28 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned Joe Jackson will send Dr. Conrad Murray's lawyer a notice next week that he will be filing a wrongful death lawsuit against the doc for the death of Michael Jackson.

Joe Jackson Wrongful Death Lawsuit

According to California law, the plaintiff in a medical malpractice, wrongful death suit must give 90 days notice before filing the case in court.

Brian Oxman, Joe Jackson's lawyer, tells TMZ the suit will ask punitive damages, economic support, loss of companionship and loss of consortium (deprivation of family relationship). It will seek an unspecified amount of money damages.

Oxman says the case will be filed in L.A. County Superior Court. So far, only Joe has signed up, but Oxman says he will add any family member who wants in as a plaintiff.

UPDATE: Ed Chernoff, Dr. Murray's lawyer, just reacted to Oxman's move by saying, "That's like throwing a bucket of water on a man drowning in the ocean." Translation -- good luck collecting anything.

Dahillzig

I Hope Joe Jackson and the Jackson family "sue" the Hell out of
everyone involved in MJ's death! If it were my family...you better
bet I would sue "EVERYONE". That is why doctors have/pay
mal-practice insurance.

People get me talking about Joe Jackson...He can act or do whatever
he so pleases to do about someone "Murdering his SON!" He wasn't
ANYONE's on this board father, BUT Michael Jackson!

Michael provided for "HIS" fathers monthly expense as well!! Do you
really think MJ would have his "elderly father" living out of a
box!...
Get real people...blood is thicker than MUD!

MJ stated he "FORGAVE" his father a long time ago.
All of the hate is useless people...direct it to someone in your
"OWN" family that you may dislike or even "HATE" based on your
responses here.

Peace and Blessings

WillOTheWisp

I’m all for Joe Jackson trying to get some kind of Justice for his son Michael. Nobody else seems to be doing anything, and it’s going on 10 months since Michael’s death!

If more black fathers were like Joe Jackson there'd be a lot less young black men in our prison systems!

Say what you want, but Joe kept those boys out of trouble and needs to take hold of that Jaafar real quick!
Go Joe!!!

C'mon TMZ

I love money!!!!

London not England

#68-Torpedo Tilly

BITCH GET REAL!~!

First of all: WOMEN.....IF YOU THINK YOUR MEN ARE NOT CHEATING ON YOU, OR AT LEAST THINKING ABOUT IT....YOU'RE STUPIDER THAN I THOUGHT YOU ALL WERE....

Second of All: MIND YA BINNIS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tiger Screwed Who he wanted to, when he wanted, WHERE he wanted to, and in what orifice he WANTED TO....AND THE ONLY PERSON HE OWES AN APOLOGY TO IS HIS WIFE....WHO KNEW WHAT SHE WAS GETTING WHEN SHE MARRIED HIM, AND GOT TO SPEND ALL THOSE MILLIONS! SO STAY OUT OF IT.....
And Just try to keep YO MAN faithful (cough, cough).....
You stupid cows Just-don't-get-it...do you?

MEN ARE DOGS, AND THEY WILL HUMP ANYTHING.....and there is N-O-T-H-I-N-G you will ever be able to do about it!~! Elin, Sandra, Mrs. Edwards, etc, etc...

And as for the Queen of POP-PING LITTLE BOYS - HE WAS A SAD, UNHAPPY DRUG ADDICT....TO TRY TO HANG THIS "Doctor" for killing him is a waste of the tax payer's money and time! MJ was on a downward spiral that people have been predicting for YEARS!
So STOP TRYING TO MAKE A SCAPE GOAT OUT OF THIS CARIBBEAN WITCH DOCTOR!
There are PLENTY of ways and means that WACKO CRACKO JACKO would have gotten what he wanted, and he had the $$$ to make it happen!

Miss MJ

#10 hoocheekoo RIGHT ON! I couldn't have expressed it better! My thoughts EXACTLY! Murray getting guiltier and more heinous by the day. What an absolutely poor excuse for a doctor and a human being. Actions like this don't go unpunished, even if he doesn't serve jail time, his karma will come back for him. Maybe in this life, maybe in another life, but he'll get back what he put out. It's the way of the world. The scales have got to be balanced, so he just can't get away with the atrocities he has committed. Even a lay person like me knows you NEVER stop CPR in the middle of saving a life. But at that time, the only life he was interested in saving was his own. UGH!!! DISGUSTING! Miss MJ

Dahillzig

Go Joe!!!

Posted at 4:10PM on Mar 24th 2010 by WillOTheWisp

Well said. Joe Jackson was hard on his sons like most black fathers (if they were in the homes)during the late 60's & 70's. My father didn't take any mess from us (10 kids). None of my seven brothers every got into trouble..they played sports and were very active in social and activist activities within our community. EVERY last one of us turn out to productive citizens (never in trouble with the law) and most of us own our own businesses now.

Michael remindes me of me (youngest). I couldn't stand getting whippings(very sensitive). And because of how I saw and believed in things, I rarely every got any.

I wish more fathers (black or white) would take control of thier little juvenile delinquents so we wouldn't have so much crime on the streets. We need more Joe jacksons! LOL

Peace and Blessings

Prancy

Only the Administrator of the estate can file a wrongful death claim on behalf of the estate. I don't see how the elder Jackson has standing file an action.

Ben

Posted at 4:16PM on Mar 24th 2010 by Gay Guys Rule

Sounds like YOUR man must have dumped you; making you all bitter and angry. It's going to happen again and again, so deal with it and stop taking it out on every REAL man out there.

Also, sounds like YOU have a problem of your own...stay away from little kids is my advice to you...sicko!

Inquiring Mind

Posted at 4:25PM on Mar 24th 2010 by Dahillzig

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/03/24/joe-jackson-starts-wrongful-death-ball-rolling/7#comments#ixzz0j7zTDbEl

Agree.. I guess that's why these kids are teen brats with no morals or respect for anyone and end up in trouble!

Barb

I don't know why Ed Chernoff, Dr. Murray's lawyer, would say something like this. "That's like throwing a bucket of water on a man drowning in the ocean." Translation -- good luck collecting anything.

If Murry is practicing medicine he has to have Malpractice Ins. And that's who would pay.

London not England

#100-LOL

You make me LMAO....

No, i'm very Happy in MY relationship...i'm tryin to tell you silly Bitches out there what's what!

and as for little kids; I'm not Wacko nor Jacko....
the only thing you can get off a 12 year old is a LOT OF NOISE!~!

Thanks, but no thanks!
P.S.
"and stop taking it out on every REAL man out there"....LOL yeah, right...."REAL MEN" Men are SO doggish you'll resort to DOWN LOW FEVER!!!!
yeah, "real men"...HA!

jdohe

The entire Jackson family is a bunch of nuts. Of the nuts, Joe is one of the 4 worst - the others being Michael, LaToya, and Jermaine. Joe would do absolultely anything that will make him a buck. The ironic thing is... what would he do with the money if he got it? Buy a case of ensure and some hearing aids?

The idea that Dr. Murray killed MJ is absurd. Why would he kill off his meal ticket? It is blatantly obvious that Dr. Murray was trying to provide Michael Jackson with the medical care that he demanded. If Dr. Murray didn't give MJ his "candy" he would have been out the door and some other doctor would have replaced him. It's time to realize that MJ killed himself. Take a look at MJ's FACE.. HELLO! MJ destroyed his own face and body and life. RIP

doc murry

All Joe ever did was give his kids his special kind of loving.He deserves to cash in now.If you ask me,Germaine and Mama Jackson needs to enroll those other kids in Joe's boot camp and let him show them some of his special loving.....Spare the rod-spoil the child.Must be true cuz its in the bible.

astabasta

76. For whatever reason Joe Jackson is doing this is fine by me. Being aware of Joe’s character somewhat, I believe money definitely plays a part but I honestly think he’s hurting at the loss of his son and likely for the heartfelt sorrow it has caused his family and Michael’s children (his grandchildren). I dunno – in the court pictures back in 2003, you see Joe shadowing Michael in most pictures, and normally with his hand on Michael for (moral) support. Despite the past, I believe Michael loved his father and re-accepted him into his life, even if it was at arm’s length. The Jacksons value and preserve their family bond.

Go Joe – bring attention to Conrad Murray’s wrongdoings. If that’s what it takes, do it. Even if it doesn’t go anywhere, or achieve monetary success, the awareness it will bring to the public about the corruption within the medical community towards celebrities will be invaluable. Someone had to finally be culpable – may as well be Conrad Murray. He accepted the challenge as it were; now he can face the consequences.

Posted at 3:36PM on Mar 24th 2010 by Em

I agree with your post, Em. GO JOE, from me too!!!

"In a strange way, karma is definitely playing a part in this whole entire scenario – it seems justice is being handed out in a discrete way via an unexplainable entity. Odd."

However, I am not quite sure what you mean by this?

meli070

I'm on Joe's side. he's not trying to cash in, I'm sure he is well aware CM is supposedly broker than broke. however, lets say Murry gets the lil measley 4yrs. he gets out- for atleast that first year he can make so much money by selling interviews and putting out a book. I believe Joe knows this and is just putting himself in position just in case. you can't hide money made in public. Joe is doing the right thing.