Speidi -- We've Given Ourselves Indian Names ...

3/31/2010 8:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Heidi Montag has altered her identity yet again -- sans plastic surgery this time -- after she and Spencer Pratt decided to give themselves "true native-American names" in an effort to become more spiritual.

Heidi Montag and Spencer Pratt
So ... goodbye Heidi and Spencer ... hello White Wolf and Running Bear, respectively.

A rep for the couple tell us Spencer decided to give up his previous moniker, King Spencer, because it was "too much of a burden to have to carry the weight of royalty. "

Instead, Running Bear claims, he and Heidi "are getting more in-tune with our spirituality ... and will be known as the name our creator has given us – our true native-AMERICAN names."

hh

I have to say that this is the first time I've been able to read all the comments on any story on TMZ. All 200 of them. And, shockingly enough, only a few of the comments were as ignorant as Heidi and Spencer! What a nice surprise.

I am Mohawk, born and raised on a reserve well known for smuggling, drug crime, and gambling (as seen in Frozen River). The average person would be shocked to learn that there are many of us from Akwesasne who follow traditional beliefs, MAKE AN HONEST LIVING (even though it might not be much $), speak our language, and don't think we're black gangbangers (a problem I've noticed with many of the Mohawk youth of today).

And as someone else pointed out, our PARENTS, not the Creator, gave us our names. A lot of Mohawks don't even have Mohawk names! I was named after my great-great-great Grandmother - my name wasn't made up out of thin air, and there wasn't some big naming ceremony or any crap like that.

I don't think non-Natives as ignorant as Heidi and Spencer ever really understand how much we laugh at them. Yeah, I am annoyed that they would insult Native peoples like this, but I also laugh.

Whenever my non-Native friends annoy me by begging for a Mohawk name, I always dub them "Tsi:taks" (gee-ducks, phoenetically), which translates to English as "Sh!+ eaters".

Watch "Reel Injun" and learn about the portrayal of Native Americans in Hollywood. You might learn something ACCURATE about Natives for a change! *gasp* what a concept!

p.s. Columbus was a lost and confused moron, who thought he was in India. I refuse to accept the word "Indian" as it applies to me; because it DOESN'T. Indians are from INDIA. Holy moly, people.
First Nations, Aboriginal, Native American, or the name of a specific tribe are all acceptable ways to describe Indigenous peoples.

Q

wow...can these 2 worthless,losers just do the world a favor and drop dead already, no one gives a rats ass about them, what are they even famous for anyway? for being on some lame "reality" show, they are really crazy and need to be locked up in a padded room somewhere, Spencer you are a complete tool that needs his ass kicked, you are a joke! and Heidi you look like a 40 year old who has had wayyyyyy too much plastic surgery, you tried to become a "singer" and only sold a few hundred albums, the world is laughing at both of you, everbody hates you, do yourselves and the rest of the world a favor and go drink a bottle of drano. no one will even care.

barb

Should be "Plastic Wolf" and "Running Mouth"

dj

I feel sorry for the 2 dummies,...any thing for hollywood, proof of heritage by a simple native american card will do !! we the little people make hollywood stars what they are by watching and buying into their movies, music, etc...

PolarBear

Heidi and Spencer are permanently stunted imbeciles. They have no talent, no cognizant positive attitude and insult widely with their behavior. It's obvious they are extremely ignorant. That's not a setup that brings good fortune.

Is Heidi still making breakfast on her Easy Bake Oven and is Spencer still having his ass wiped clean by a parent? Place your bets.

keri

just because u guys r smoking the peyote does not make u indian... and didn't they already try to be survivors on that one show where they lived in the wilderness, and lasted only a day.... guess what, don't insult the indians!!!!!

TRACY

the names aren't even orginal. they are an old song called running
bear.

Brooke

I totally agree with Dat Dude and Dan, I come from Native ancestry and what they are doing is insulting. Like its some kind of joke or something...Very disrespectful Heidi and Spencer

offended

well if they want to try and fit in with natives then lets send them blanket infested with small pox and rotten meat cause thats how the government tried to kill us off.

Thunder Thighs

That is so ridiculous! Heidi and Spencer are ignorant pieces of shit! I am full blooded Onondaga and Mohawk! I grew up on the reservation! Do they even know what their "Indian names" mean? They should feel ashamed of themselves for acting so immaturely!

Cathy

Please stop reporting on these retards. They are the biggest wastes of time. It's websites like TMZ that feed into their egos. NO ONE CARES ABOUT THEM!!!!! As soon as the media stops reporting on them they will go away and make EVERYONE very happy. Stop the madness!!!!!

Al

How about "Fake Bear" and "I am a complete a-hole Bear"?

MJ

Why do you keep reporting on these idiots? Do you honestly think any of us care?

sunshine

when will these two just go away???? they are disgusting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hope they read these comments and listen!

Jess

White Wolf and Running Ferret great names.