Sidney Poitier

Involved in Car Crash

3/31/2010 6:55 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

83-year-old Sidney Poitier was involved in a car accident on Sunset Blvd. earlier this week, TMZ has learned.

Sidney Poitier
A rep from the Beverly Hills PD tells TMZ the accident occurred Monday around 4 PM -- emergency vehicles responded to the scene.

A witness tells us it didn't appear that anyone was seriously injured in the wreck.

A rep for Poitier had no comment.

UPDATE: The Beverly Hills PD released a statement saying, "Poitier was driving a dark colored Mercedes Benz northbound when it collided with a dark colored Porsche."

According to cops, Poitier was not injured -- but a passenger in the Porsche was transported to UCLA Medical Center with non-life threatening injuries.

An investigation is underway.

mjjfan50

Sidney is a really great guy and made some wonderful movies. just saw "To Sir With Love" on Sunday. I hope all is well with him.

CriticAl

They call me Mister Tibbs!

Al

GREATEST ACTOR OF ALL TIME.

Linda

listing to family, If was rich i would have a drover that i trust.
God bless you Mr.Poitier u and your family.This is why I trust TMZ.
Linda!

Whamo

20. I would hope that Mr.Poitier please get a drove he will be so salf do that. we no you are well enough to driver Mr.Poitier, but listen to us.My daughter and myself almost got ourself killed not
listing to family, If was rich i would have a drover that i trust.
God bless you Mr.Poitier u and your family.This is why I trust TMZ.
Linda!

Posted at 3:47AM on Apr 1st 2010 by Linda
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

If you were rich the first thing you should get is an English Tutor.

Information Trafficker

Sir Sidney Poitier is a man of excellence who definitely has earned his place in history.

He has crossed many boundaries in a seemingly effortless manner and deserves the utmost respect.

el-nora bolton

Hey Denise 504 Why bring his wife into?????? Does the color of her skin make that much of a difference PATHETIC....... Would you have said that if SP had been injured HOW SAD YOU ARE...............

suftry demonfed

So much anger, so much hate! When will it end?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2