Jackson's Demanding Personality On Trial

4/5/2010 10:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

It sounds crazy, but Michael Jackson's Coca-Cola addiction may become a building block in Dr. Conrad Murray's legal strategy.

TMZ broke the story that Dr. Murray's defense will be that Michael Jackson caused his own death by pumping a lethal dose of Propofol into his own body during the time the doctor was out of the room.

Sources familiar with the defense strategy tell us one of the missions is to show that Michael Jackson was a demanding celebrity who wanted what he wanted when he wanted it, even if it posed a danger to himself.

One of the ways the defense will prove its point is with the famous soft drink. Jackson consumed massive quantities of Coca-Cola, knowing full well it was laden with caffeine and would make it next to impossible to fall asleep.

Our sources say the defense has numerous examples of situations where Jackson hyped himself up with caffeine from soda and then used drugs -- including Propofol -- as the ultimate sleeping solution.

The upshot -- Jackson was a guy who wanted instant gratification ... so the notion that he would wake up when Dr. Murray was out of the room, become frustrated and self-medicate with Propofol is consistent with his personality.

Linda Lovelest

455. Well sarah,
By The Time You
Grow Out Of Your Teens:

He'll Still
Be DEAD

Posted at 4:10PM on Apr 5th 2010 by OhWell

Hello OhWell. I heart my Tshirt!
And you.

Sunny

FAIL. That defense won't work. Bottom line, Dr. Murray violated medical ethics by administering Propofol in Michael's home, and there should have been no "out of the room" during propofol administration in any case.

test

Hello OhWell. I heart my Tshirt!
And you.

Posted at 4:13PM on Apr 5th 2010 by MoonGirl

HANDS OFF! He's mine, slut!

test

Hello OhWell. I heart my Tshirt!
And you.

Posted at 4:13PM on Apr 5th 2010 by MoonGirl

Does it strike anyone strange that the 2 most popular posters on this board (OhWell and Ric) are haters? How the hell did that happen?

Duh

Hello OhWell. I heart my Tshirt!
And you.

Posted at 4:13PM on Apr 5th 2010 by MoonGirl

HANDS OFF! He's mine, slut!

Posted at 4:15PM on Apr 5th 2010 by Deb

LOL! I didn't post that but it's nice to see someone has my back!

ADRIANA

Posted at 3:44PM on Apr 5th 2010 by sarah

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/04/05/michael-jackson-conrad-murray-manslaughter-trial-defense-coca-cole-caffeine-addiction/31#comments#ixzz0kGC9fdqF

Sarah, you are so right !

MJ LOVED THE WORLD WITH ALL HIS HEART, it was an UNCONDITIONAL LOVE and he really wanted to HEAL IT, STOP WARS and DESTRUCTION and have people find a common ground IN LOVE and GOODNESS and SHARING !

He was a great man.

People he cared for abused his trust & deceived him, his father abused him verbally and physically; and, worst of all the media/press raped and stripped him of his dignity publicly and hounded him mercilessly.

And through it all he SMILED!

I wonder how many of us would withstand the same introspection into our lives and how we would handle the pain. Before we cast stones at MJ, we should imagine ourselves in his life and ask ourselves how would we manage it?

Only THOSE WITH NO SIN CAN JUDGE him, not us.

Michael, you were too good for this world, for the people here, for the decadence of the community around us. You are finally up with the angels, where you belong, may you RIP ! We will do our best to CARRY ON YOUR LOVE and SELFLESSNESS and teach it to our little ones.

“In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.” - Michael Jackson

Duh

Posted at 4:19PM on Apr 5th 2010 by the world is updide down

I don't happen to look at either of them as haters anymore. They each have their own "style" of hating, but it's not really that - they are realists who see how crazy some of the fanatics are here and they like jabbing at them. So they have a twisted sense of humor - so what? It might surprise you to know that they are actually nice people. I don't know ric personally but he has always been nice to me (except when we both got cloned and had it out with each other not knowing the other was a clone). As for OhWell, I know him well in real life and he is very nice, very sweet.

Maybe their true attributes are shining through and people are seeing that. I know I do.

Duh

Maybe I am becoming a "fan hater" myself. I still love Michael. But I find myself agreeing with people like Tellit and grasshopper regarding the fans more and more.

Some of you take this site way too seriously. Yes, it's a tragedy Michael died. Yes, I want justice for Michael. Yes, TMZ pisses me off with some of the stories they run. But I have to say, I agree with people who say that the fanatics elevate Michael to the level of a god, and talk about shooting Murray, killing Murray, etc. I wasn't there, I don't know what happened, and neither do any of you. It will be up to the jury to decide.

Meanwhile I see people wasting their own lives away, just like I used to do, and getting stressed out by something they have no control over, whether that be the story, the "haters", Murray, Joe Jackson, whatever. I don't know, maybe I fell and hit my head and don't remember, but I am not letting this stuff get to me the way it used to. It doesn't mean I don't care - it just means I recognize I have no control over it and it isn't worth me getting wound up about. I have a REAL LIFE to deal with.

olddognewtrick

Guess MJ was really pissed off about the that Pepsi hair on fire thing...so he switched to Coke (the soft drink).

jordan

Reading this has left me speechless. I mean, r u KIDDING ME??????

This is so lame. I mean, who thought of this??? He had to have his coke/soda whatever therefore he must be an addict???

Ok, well i guess im an addict too. If i dont have any sugarless trident in the orange package, not the pink, it has to be ORANGE. Now, i am VERY demanding about my gum. I think i will stomp my feet if i dont have my gum right NOW!!!!!!!!! Not later, NOW!!!!!!!!

I sometimes wonder, how people actually are successful when i hear or read something as lame as this. I mean, when something is beyond stupid. Can you imagine them sitting around the table discussing this?? Hey, lets say MJ had to have is SODA or else.

Ok..................

peace and L.O.V.E.

Thunder Thighs

ok

Duh

LOOK IN THE MIRROR..........SERIOUSLY!!

Posted at 3:44PM on Apr 5th 2010 by sarah

Hey sarah! I'd like to hear the answers to the questions you posed as they apply to YOUR life! How many millions have YOU given? How many lives have YOU saved? How many smiles have YOU put on people's faces?

Your love for Michael borders on the pathologic. You should get some help for that.

Thunder Thighs

Some more bullshit,Murray may want to give his defense team so damn propofol,because their defense sucks.Murray will not get away with murdering the King of Pop.

Tellit

467. As for looking UP TO HIM FOR INSPIRATION - this is exactly the fanatical fan moron crap I am talking about.

Posted at 5:20PM on Apr 5th 2010 by Deb
___________________

If this is the real Deb.....you are amazing me more minute by minute! Could it be that Deb has come into her very own way of thinking for herself?

Thunder Thighs

Deb,

you know what??

maybe i haven't done any of those things, but at least, i don't talk shit and crap about someone who did. i actually give them credit for it and NOT discredit what they have done, condemn them for a crime they never commited and judge them, like, MJ haters do.

by LOOKING UP TO HIM FOR INSPIRATION, i mean, FOLLOWING HIS EXAMPLE and doing some good for this world. whenever i have the chance and ability, i will do my best to donate money; to save lives; to inspire others and put smiles on their faces.

will YOU?? time will tell, i guess.

oh, btw, r u a hater? if so, what kind of sick pleasure do u get out of putting MJ and his fans down? does that make you feel good about yourself? if so, you need help for THAT!

Previous 15 Comments | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments