Dr. Murray's Defense - Jackson Killed Himself

4/5/2010 8:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned Dr. Conrad Murray's legal defense is that Michael Jackson gave himself the fatal dose of Propofol.

Multiple sources familiar with the strategy tell TMZ the defense argument goes like this:

- At around 10:50 AM, Dr. Murray gave Jackson 25 mg of Propofol from a 20 ml bottle -- that's only about 1/8 of the bottle.

- The dose Dr. Murray administered would keep someone asleep for only 5 to 10 minutes, but the Propofol, along with the Ativan and Versed that was already in MJ's system, had a synergistic effect that put Jackson to sleep for a longer period of time.

- For the next hour, Dr. Murray stayed in the room and was on the phone for much of the time. Dr. Murray didn't leave the room to make the calls because MJ liked activity in the room, regularly sleeping with the lights on and cartoons blaring on the TV.

- At around noon, Dr. Murray left the room for approximately two minutes to go to the bathroom. While he was gone, the defense believes Jackson suddenly awakened and was frustrated he had spent nearly 9 hours trying in vain to sleep. The defense theory -- Jackson took the 20 ml bottle of Propofol and self-injected the remaining contents through the IV, causing a massive overdose that stopped his heart.

- Dr. Murray walked back in the room and saw Jackson with his eyes open and pupils dilated. Dr. Murray dropped the phone (he was speaking with his girlfriend) and began administering CPR.

The defense will argue Michael Jackson was a long-time Propofol addict -- something TMZ first reported shortly after the singer's death. As one source said, Jackson liked the sensation of Propofol being administered by IV, adding, "Michael liked to push it."

L.A. County Coroner's investigators took a picture in the room, showing an empty Propofol bottle on the floor, underneath the nightstand by Jackson's bed. The defense will argue Jackson grabbed the bottle from the nightstand, injected himself and then dropped the bottle.

Remember, law enforcement believes Dr. Murray hid bottles of Propofol before paramedics arrived. The defense will argue ... if Dr. Murray was really hiding Propofol, he would have removed the empty bottle under the nightstand that caused Jackson's death.

Ed Chernoff, Murray's attorney, could not be reached for comment.

Conrad Murray

Thunder Thighs

Defence team expect a jury and the public to believe this bullshit story...
I hate Conrad Murray

marvin

lmao I'm not even going to comment on this story. Its so desperate and ridiculous to the point where it's not even worth acknowledging. But what I would like to comment on is Murray's defense team's strategy.

I read somewhere that Murray’s defense team was going to trash Michael and bring up his past and all the doctors he was associated with. But I really don’t see the point in doing that. The defense can argue about Michael’s past all they want, but at the end of the day, whether or not Michael was an addict is not what the courts are going to be deciding. The case is about figuring out whether or not Murray's NEGLIGENCE led to Michael's death. The whole addiction argument is INVALID because even if Michael was an addict, the fact of the matter is, the only person that was with him that day was Murray. Everything that was found in his system was what Murray ADMITTED to giving him. The cause of death was “acute intoxication of propofol”---Administered by Murray---no one else.

Diana

Conrad Murray wasn't legally allowed to practice medicine in London...how then was he going to accompany Michael there for his concerts at the O2 Arena?

In the "ambulance photo," Michael is shown to have a bulging vein in his forehead...something that wouldn't happen to a dead man.

In the 911 call, the 911 dispatcher says, "If you need anything else, call us back," and then hung up. 100% against protocol.

There were TWO stretchers w/ bodybags on the coroner's helicopter... You can clearly see it in the helicopter video. There's one being carried on, and one already in the copter.

All photos used at the funeral were of Michael from his Liberian Girl music video...in which he shows everything at the very end that he is directing the entire thing.

The man who supposedly took the ambulance photo was a friend of Michael's who profited quite nicely from selling the photo. (Michael is good friend).

Paris Jackson wore a microphone in her ear during the memorial service. She can be seen putting it into her ear before making her now famous speech to her Daddy.

Jermaine slipped up in a video interview and said that Michael was long gone at the airport before anyone knew what happened. Then he corrected himself and said he meant to say hospital instead of airport.

etc etc etc.

For a complete list of strange things related to this case, visit michaeljacksonhoaxdeath.net

Weird huh.

HOAX

Maelini

MJ-Unbreakable What I meant by that is, Do you people really think that calling eachother names is gonna get anyone anywhere.By childish,I meant..If you are calling people names for just stating their points. I don't know why you would disagree with that.

Gone too soon

I´ve been pretty sure the defense would argue suicide. And you can be sure that they have dug up any dirt they could find about Michael, they have turned every little stone to let the world know about Michael´s shortcomings. (true or not...)

I guess we should all prepare ourselves because the coming days will be tough.

This will get VERY ugly!!

Diana

i think i believe he's dead, but you're right...there are a ton of strange things. i read some of the stuff over on those sites, and it is interesting to say the leeast.

Diana

In Michael's name, spread LOVE. Start with the man/woman in the mirror.

Diana

yeah that site is nuts with info. i found myself starting to believe some of that hoax stuff. now i dont know what to believe.

mjfan

Like I said.
The junkie self-administered the fatal dose to himself. NOT a shocker.

LalaniNelsey04

Eat right & lose weight to Control Diabetes. Use meal planner to find right foods which may help you manage blood sugar under control. Use this free meal planner http://bit.ly/cMc1i8

Maelini

DIANA

This is all a HOAX! Seriously. He's alive. Do a little research and you'll see what I mean. He's coming back and I mean this because TMZ has renewing their rip page. Now MJ is posted on their page. TMZ are extremly involved in this HOAX!

Linda Lovelest

61 The whole addiction argument is INVALID because even if Michael was an addict, the fact of the matter is, the only person that was with him that day was Murray.

Posted at 5:07AM on Apr 4th 2010 by paula

You are wrong. Murray was not the only person with Michael Jackson that day and not even that minute when he was injected for the last time.

mjfan

69. @not a bot Like I said...Before speaking ignorance,Do a bit of research.You CANNOT give Propofol to yourself.Period. You are out within seconds. Believe,I have personal experience.

Posted at 5:16AM on Apr 4th 2010 by Maelini

I did my research and I know what I am talking about. Unlike you parrot that you're living in denial. Just like king Michael.

MJ-UNBREAKABLE

@ Maelini: Forget it! For sure I agree with you. It is just that I have a frustration about this site from time to time but I can not live without ... since nine month ... isn't that kind of childish ;-)

Sorry, but I miss Michael so much - I was the last days every day at the Michael monument we have here in Munich. It is so sad ... sad ... sad ... that he has gone.

L.O.V.E.