Nicollette Sheridan Expects Smear Campaign

4/6/2010 3:42 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Nicollette Sheridan won't be surprised if ABC and "Desperate Housewives" creator Marc Cherry team up to paint her as a difficult diva who is making up claims she was physically abused by Cherry.

TMZ broke the story Nicollette is suing ABC and Cherry for more than $20 mil, claiming Cherry actually struck her in the face in anger, ultimately firing her.

Nicollette's rep tells TMZ the actress was "a model employee" and Cherry's behavior toward her was "abusive and appalling."

The rep says Nicollette asked ABC for "help and protection" from ABC, to no avail, adding she did not want to file suit but felt "compelled" to do it to stand up for her rights.

The rep says, "It will not be a surprise if ABC and Mr. Cherry try to depict Nicollette to be something other than a team player and long-standing industry professional."

Wife Advocate

I would have hit back, but that would have only landed me in jail, and made me look like thle offender! Nicollette is smart, Hit them where it hurts!

that.is.all

I just don't believe her.

Wife Advocate

ABC has deep pockets! She'll take your case!

TreeMileZone

I would say a smear campaign is the least of her concerns. She just got herself blacklisted which is pretty much a death sentence for her acting career.

Tammie

She needs the money! No job no money!

donn

SHE NEEDS A PAP SCHMEAR CAMPAIGN. I SMELL HERPES on this whore

cory

Go Nicollete. How unethical and unprofessional For ABC and Cherry to do that. Who the hell does he think he is?

Yada, Yada, Yada

Does she know what year it is? If this all happened in 2008 why has she waited 2 years?

cory

Just because it is a hit show doesn't mean hit the people who made it successful for you Marc.

you just don't get it

Apr 6th 2010 by Mikey

Mikey-- leave the thinking to people better equipped to do so.

Echo

My comments are about other comments...because this really isn't an interesting story.
2. Must have trust issues 3. Pro Gloria - must be pro wife beater or mistress 4. Ok with men hitting women 5. That was true even before this situation. 6. Takes one to know one

oL0

She wants to revitalize her career by concocting these ridiculous allegations to keep herself relevant and possibly make some money to fund her living.

Me

The reason she's not credible is because she didn't file a criminal complaint and press charges when it happened YEAR AND A HALF AGO. Assault is a crime. Doing this just makes her seem money-hungry.

BGL

I want to know if she ever pressed criminal charges against this man for hitting her. I don't think a man is going to hit me at work and get away with it. Did she file a report with the police? Why didn't she press charges against him? If her story is true that's what she should have done. Then she should have got him fired. I don't give a damn who a man THINKS he is; he ain't gonna put his hands on me and get away with it. This really doesn't make any sense to me.

james