« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Nike Resurrects Tiger's Dad for New Commercial

4/7/2010 7:08 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Tiger Woods is being scolded by his father from beyond the grave -- in a new Nike commercial that can only be described as an artsy PR effort to humanize the golfer.

In the ad, Tiger stands stoically as the voice of his deceased dad, Earl Woods, urges his son to reflect on his life.

As we first reported, Tiger shot the commercial on March 25 on the Isleworth Country Club golf course in his neighborhood in Windermere, Florida.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

Thunder Thighs

I bet that every single one of those people at the Masters had to sign a legal document stating they will not harass, bo, hold up signs, or question Woods for his comfort level.

TheLordThyGod

I admit to not having seen the ad, but… Playing the Dead Father Card, with this timing? Feels like a new low in advertising and personal character…

Jennifer

"I worry" Post #68 --- What a mixed up person YOU are.....YOU are the one who brought the subject up and said it's been one year that we've been discussing this. You can't even count....lol

Why is it so important for you to stop people from discussing Tiger? It's a free country, so don't pull that fascist crap on anyone. In fact, I think I will post even more because you want to shut people up. Only compliments about Tiger allowed, eh? LOL How much do you get paid for each post? Minimum wage? If TMZ wants to post stories about Tiger, it's their choice and not up to you to tell them to stop.

Domino

Shameful!!!!!

WillOTheWisp

50. Why are his lips soooooooooo HUGEEEEEEEEEEEEE???????????????????

Ah. These Africans.

Posted at 7:28PM on Apr 7th 2010 by Why?

U stupid azz ho!! They're from is mother side, Thai.
His father had thinner lips. U moron!

Tiger's mom:

Tiger's dad:

You azz wipe!!

horndog

I hear dead people.

Melanie

This man makes me sick!

WillOTheWisp

50. Why are his lips soooooooooo HUGEEEEEEEEEEEEE???????????????????

Ah. These Africans.

Posted at 7:28PM on Apr 7th 2010 by Why?

Yeah, those big lips sure had the white girls after him! Come to think of it, a lot of them pay big money to have huge lips!
Ha ha ha ha! If their forefathers could see them now!

USA

Post #65 is the most interesting and intelligent and coherent of the many posts on Tiger Woods! She is simply commenting on the poor math skills of #59 and his lack of morality. I love her post, you don't need to worry about Nicole!

GDS_2931

I have been thinking about Tiger and this issue that he has gotten himself into but he has stated that he knows what he did is wrong but now I think it is time for us the public and media to move on let Tiger & Elin handle this issue in private. Let Tiger focus on being a great golfer that he is and this is for the public and media to enbrace.

We did not carry this issue about Bill Clinton and more recent
political figures as much as Tiger, no it is not right for anyone who is married to be intimate with someone that you are not married and yes, it has been done for hundreds of years but now we need to get over it and move on. We will all survive the Tiger issue as we have done in the past but the problem that I can see is that so many people treated and thought Tiger was not human, who can, will and does make mistakes and yes, we will not love the truth when it comes to surface but we learn and move on.

This was just my opinion that I wanted to share, which I no some will not agree and that is okay because we all have opinions to which there is no right or wrong answer.

roonie

I THINK YOU MISUNDERSTAND ME--LOOK, PEOPLE HAVE BE GOING ON YAPPING ABOUT TIGER'S DOWN FALL AND HOW HE'S DONE...I WAS SHOCKED TO READ THAT SALES ARE UP WITH HIS PRODUCTS AND THAT'S UP, POST SCANDAL.

SO PEOPLE IN HERE ARE JUST GIVING THEMSELVES HEADACHES--I NOT SAYING PEOPLE SHOULD COMPLAIN, LIKE YOU SAID ITS BEEN 4 MONTHS , WHATS 5 YEARS MORE..IT MAKES ME LAUGH, PEOPLE IN HERE ARE JUST LEAVING IN LALA LAND--HELPED BY TMZ---HEY, ITS ENTERTAINMENT FOR ME.

AM NOT GOING TO BUY HIS PRODUCTS!!!WELL, WHO THE HELL IS GIVING HIM 26% UP IN SALES...THATS MY QUESTION..

GDS_2931

Good ad because this really makes you stop and think especially if you are Tiger Woods. He was very close to his father and I am sorry if his father was here he would be feeling far worse than I believe he feels now and you can see how bad he felt when he and his mother hugged. So, I think and hope he really get's it and learns from his mistakes and if Elin is welling to try the public needs to try to do the same.

You likka the juice

I'm sure his Dad loves being exploited from the grave to sell sneakers. Just another disgusting move in Tiger’s life.

Ultraworld

Who do you think Tiger learned all this from?

1977rbc

Last time I will buy Nike. What a BS shot. Tiger cares about his sponsors - not anything else. Gag me ................