'Billy the Exterminator' Star -- Busted for Roaches

4/13/2010 8:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

'Billy the Exterminator' StarOne of the stars of "Billy the Exterminator" was the one buggin' out this weekend -- when cops in Louisiana busted the guy for felony marijuana possession.

TMZ has learned Ricky Lee Bretherton -- one of the bug fighters on the A&E reality show -- was arrested on April 10 when a routine traffic stop turned into a big, green drug bust.

According to Leesville PD, officers approached Bretherton's car and located a "quantity of suspected marijuana as well as a container that had more suspected marijuana as well as drug paraphernalia."

Bretherton and a female passenger were each arrested. Bretherton was charged with felony weed possession, felony drug paraphernalia possession and a traffic charge.

Bretherton's bond was set at $4198 -- he was released on his own recognizance.

The truth

Love the show and the family.......how sad that people prey on others Dirty Laundry!

CriticAl

You see, officer, Vexcon uses the THC in marijuana to attack the insects nervous system. It sucks all the energy out of their body and they literally die of a lack of energy.

Sue

Can't some of you Tards read? It wasn't Billy that was arrested, it was his brother Ricky.

John S

A&E gets all the white trash heroes, Dog the Bounty Hunter and his band of idiots, and now this crew of inbreds.

WHITEPERCH

IT`S SAD THAT A SMALL AMOUT OF WEED IS A FELONY BUT WHEN THEY MAKE PARAPHENALIA A FELONY A PACK OF ROLLING PAPERS SHOULD NOT BE A FELONY JUST THINK OF THE HUNDRED`S OF THOUSANDS OF PEOPLE ALL ACROSS THE US THAT GET INTO TROUBLE & DO THERE TIME & LATER ON GET BUSTED WITH A ROACH OR A PACK OF CIGARETTE PAPERS & GET SERIOUS TIME FOR A FELONY CHARGE WHAT A GREAT CRIMINAL SYSTEM WE HAVE HERE IN AMERICA. SAVE PRISON SPACE FOR REAL CRIMINALS THAT RAPE & KILL PEOPLE & HURT CHILDREN

cock_roach

I am so glad that TMZ published this story I’m tired of people that have the attitude “ but it was only a roach.” I bet my member rats and roaches are laughing now!

Pete

What a waste of law enforcment time. Only in America

Heath

I got a video of when his truck got towed away at BJ's diner in Leesville

Terra

Look Ricky is going through a tough time in his life and I for one am going to support him. I will be a fan of his for life and you all need to leave Ricky alone and grow the heck up. I am pretty sure that all of you have or will do something stupid in your little pathetic lives. I think Billy is doing a great job as a brother and if any of you even watched the show at all or even one time you would know the family. I love the show and yes I have a big crush on Ricky but I am not going to drag anyone through the mud just because they make a mistake. GROW UP CHILDREN and do something else for once.

I love you Ricky and always will.

Love,
Terra

VexonLover

For all you stupid haters out there, I have worked for this family and they are the most down to earth, nice people. And don't you dare underestimate them...they are NOT white trash. They are very intelligent people obviously since they are running a success business with a TV show. I bet most of you don't even do that. Yes they are a little crazy, but that's what make them so entertaining and fun to work for. Don't hate on my Brethertons!

metalmama74

I love the show and it's a pitty that this country has to be so damned ignorant regarding pot use. LEGALIZE IT ALREADY. Geez. We love you guys in Vex Con so hang in there and know we are there for you. Stupid idiots in Washington D.C. get your sh*t together.

John S

How come when one of these A&E white trash heroes gets in trouble all their fat,ugly female fans make excuses for them? Now if anybody else did this they would scream for their heads. This is a waste of tax payers money,but he should be treated like anyone else. And he should send that hair back to 1980. I would bet his brother the troll with the stupid hair cut and wanna be biker clothes tokes up with him.

elwood

no one calls weed dope dummy

square.wave

I never in a million years would've guessed I'd get into a show about pest exterminators, but I love this show! You can definitely tell ol' Ricky burns one on a pretty regular basis. The amount of time and money wasted in the harassment of marijuana users is totally asinine. The drug war is a bottomless pit of taxpayer money, a vehicle for unconstitutional police powers, and most notably, a total failure in its own stated goal!

Robin

I love this show! Who cares what they do on their off time? What I want to know is if Pam was the female caught with him.