Larry King's Sister-in-Law Denies Affair

4/14/2010 6:35 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned Larry King's marriage fell apart in large part because Shawn Southwick believes Larry is having an affair with her sister, Shannon Engemann ... but Shannon tells TMZ exclusively it's absolutely not true.

0921-media-removed-britney

Shannon says Shawn has been accusing her of fooling around with Larry for months.  She says Shawn has repeatedly pointed to the fact that Larry gave Shannon numerous gifts as evidence.  But Shannon says, "This is so ludicrous.  She's singling me out, but Larry has been nothing but generous to our entire family, including me."

Shannon says it's true ... Larry has given her gifts for Xmas and her birthday.  Shannon was not specific, but Shawn reportedly believes Larry bought Shannon a $160,000 car, among other things.

Shannon said, "Shawn has left me threatening messages."  After the National Enquirer published a story suggesting an affair, Shannon says, "Shawn left me a message ... 'If you dare sue the Enquirer I will pull out every last receipt that proves you had an affair with Larry.'"

Shannon EngemannShannon adds, "I'm tired for taking the rap for things.  I did not have an affair with Larry.  He's been like a father to me."

And finally, Shannon added, "I have a date tonight and I'm not going to worry about it.  I love my sister.  What's happening is not my fault."

mjfanalways

omg holy crap larry!!!!!!!! what is wrong with you guys? if i was your wife it would be bye bye too.males are such dogs lol.they are only good for their money.(if they have any that is).

dman

TMZ writes about this garbage, but ignores the real story. Namely, how does Larry King still have a TV show. I hear he is interviewing Brian Dunkleman tonight. (OK. For the record, when Seacrest mentioned his name last night, I had no idea who Brian Dunkleman is)

bigshot702

This guy must have some serious game. He's working the hot milf's of LA like crazy! LOL!

bunky

Iz this a joke Harvey ?

Oprah

A 160...,000 dollar car. Of course she is fnck'n him. I didn't come off a banana boat. Nobody gets a g i f t like that.

Friend?

I believe he´s having an affair, a car just like that to his wife´s sister, please! If Larry and his wife not were buying the car to her sister together, he´s asking for trouble.

Shawn's Great Great Grandmother.

I admit it. I banged him.

sotiredofthis

I don't blame the woman in this one. If this old codger didn't have money, he would be lucky to even get someone to go to synagogue with him. But he SEEKS out the great looking ones. He should be looking for someone who will hold his hand when he passes on, which looks close. He NEEDS to get off TV - looks like he will fall asleep during every interview. Ya got enough money - Madoff left you some. If you weren't so greedy in finances and in women, you could be happy, Larry.

Q

Larry once promoted a book entitled "Tough Jews" It made heroes of Jewish Gangsters from before WW2 to include the immortal Meyer Lansky, and Ben (Bugsy) Siegel- but also the not so well known "tough jews" interestingly named Bugsy Goldstein...anyway the point is King has idolized Jews who are tough. He should have been studying up on Tough Mormons though, he just got duped by one. His tough Jewish gangster buddies back in Brooklyn arent going to be too impressed with him now. Everyone thinks Mormons are dumb, not with it, not aware...they are taking notes constantly, for their own survival and your demise. They dont believe what others believe---just remember that and you'll do OK around them. Nice people, polite people, giving people---but dont let your guard down. Larry did, and he's screwed for life now. This sister is lying and with her Mormon sister on this one---Mormons never turn on one another, unless they are mentally ill--wait a minute, maybe her migraines are really mentall illness? Naw, they scammed a non Mormon---in their Book of Mormon, all is well in Salt Lake.

schoen1

She's tired of taking the "wrap"? Anyway, who in their right mind would want to have an affair with Larry King?

zorbee

the sister in law was telling the truth! it was her mom who had sex with Larry!

Frankie's Mom

Ewwwwwwwwww. He looks like a dried up twig.

Politico Pablo

Sugar daddy's always expect something in return for their generosity. She had to be giving Larry some kind of "favors".

c

Ahhh women and their brilliant decisions to get money

andy

I know I must have read this wrong. Did Shannon say that she loved Larry in the same way that she use to share "love" with her father??? That's just wrong . . .

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments