« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Cop in Roethlisberger Case -- I Quit

4/15/2010 6:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The cop who first investigated Ben Roethlisberger for sexual assault has "resigned" in the wake of the release of a police report that shows he may have referred to the accuser as a "f*cking bitch" ... but TMZ has learned the cop didn't really have a choice.

Cop in Roethlisberger Case -- I Quit

We're told the Milledgeville Police officer -- Sergeant Jerry Blash -- turned in his resignation yesterday. He had been with the force for 8 years.

In the report, investigators claim that on the night of the alleged incident, Blash admitted that after he encountered the accuser, he may have made a comment similar to "this f*cking bitch is drunk" or "this bitch is drunk off her ass accusing Ben of assaulting her."

Investigators also report that on the night of the incident, Blash informed the accuser and her friends that "Roethlisberger has a lot of money" and if the women were to follow through with a police report, they "would be wasting their time."

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ Blash was given a lose-lose option -- resign...or be fired.

FYI -- Blash is the same guy who posed for photos with Ben hours before he was approached by the alleged victim outside the Capital City nightclub in Georgia.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

HillbillyHell

Everyone knows that in Georgia, it's perfectly legal to "rape" a drunken f*cking bitch. I know, I use to live there. Nuff said.

terri

well it is Georgia! How drunk was this girl anyway, why didnt her so called friends help her before she got too trashed. But the cop does sound like a schmuck so bye!

OooooNooo!

Hats off to Milledgeville Police Department for a quick and open investigation with a swift result -- he be gone!

rexcars

oh oh, it's getting ugly real quick for ben

Craig

I'm sorry but Ben is guilty as ****, he is getting ****ted on rightfully.

HillbillyHell

As "General" Larry Platt would say, "Pants of the Ground".

Q

Maybe the Steelers Organization can hire him for security---no way the Rooneys did not know their most expensive asset and investment, Big Ben, wasnt out carousing in every town he traveled to. They enabled him to become what he has gotten himself into by looking the other way when reports of his "way of carousing" was learned....if Club Managers across the Country knew how it worked (Ben and his troop would call ahead of their visits) there is no way the Rooneys werent aware either...Shame on them for being silent. Now hire the dumb cop with the big and foul mouth---he's an enabler too.

Cecilia

It appears the cop acted unprofessionally. Look where all of Ben's fame and money got this guy. It certainly wasn't enough to save his job.

Sparrow

Its looking more and more that Ben was guilty . I feel sorry for the accuser . Oh , and this is not new . The NFL always has covered for their players - they invest alot of money in these guys and dont want to "lose" on their investments . Its really sad and ugly . Thants why I dont care for the sport .

I'm a crazy person...

A BLACK...I mean...AFRICAN-AMERICAN police officer forced to resign or be fired? HERE COMES THE "RACIAL DISCRIMINATION" LAWSUIT!!! Who wants to put money on it?? As predictable as the rising sun. "African-Americans" and their "prejudice-based lawsuits"... Never ending...

KittyKittyKitty

Yikes! I would get fired. At least, I will be able to collect unemployment!

Dick Whippler

I not only think shes a f-ing drunk b!tch like officer Blash stated, I believe she's a lying whore...oh and give that man back his job, sounds like he just called it as he seen it!!!

Honey

I believe this young woman. And guess what? Being drunk is NOT punishable by rape, no matter what some of the neanderthals who comment say. And this cop should have lost his job if he made that remark about any potential accuser - regardless of his personal feelings about the case.

It breaks my heart that this young woman isn't going to press charges against this monstrous man, but I understand not wanting to face a chorus of hateful, misogynist pigs shouting slut and whore on top of being raped. Men with money can do what they want to women. Just ask OJ Simpson, Ted Kennedy and Roman Polanski.

Proud2bBlack

At least the Black I mean African American cop was smart enough to walk away. Your white I mean ****caisian cops go hire lawyers and refuse to resign or be fired. Even when all the proof is in the pudding. Just look at Drew Peterson. Nuff said jerk!

Dick Whippler

Again, gold digging, lying WHOOOORE!!!!!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments