Michael Douglas Arrives for Son's Sentencing

4/20/2010 12:57 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Douglas just arrived at Manhattan Federal Court in New York, where his son Cameron is about to be sentenced after pleading guilty to serious drug charges.

In a letter Michael wrote to the judge in the case, he asked that his son be shown mercy by saying, "I don't want to see him break."  Cameron's mom, Diandra Douglas, entered court right after Michael.

Stay tuned ... we'll let you know what happens inside.

ginny

the dude was passing, using and selling far more then many of the other poor saps in jail for drugs!

get real.

Rachie

Michael doesn't want to see HIS son break?? Answer me this Mr. Douglas: how do you feel about all the other parents whose kids are now addicted to CRYSTAL METH because of YOUR son??!! He is a drug dealing s*** bag and needs to be in jail to save thousands of others!

Lorrie

In a previous post TMZ spoke about the letters that were written to the judge by members of the family. Several of the letters recommended rehab instead of jail. It sounds like Cameron has been a drug user for several years, why didn't he go to rehab before all of this? And if he did then why does his family think it will work this time when it didn't work before? Doing serious time in prison is sometimes the only answer to straighten someone out.

I truly feel sorry for any family that has to go through something like this. Even though I have an immense amount of sympathy for the Douglas family people still have to remember that if you break the law you have to pay the piper.

Mike

Its a whole lot of brothers in Rikers doing the Rockafeller. I wonder how much hes' going to get.

nacho

Sorry Michael - Your son BROKE the minute he shot a needle into his arm and started using heroin!

Gina

I have a nephew doing 7 years at the Federal Pen in Florence. It is nothing nice. I'm sure Michael is deeply scared for his son. Just because he's the son of someone famous he should not be given specialy treatment.

Debo

All I can say is, he deserves it because of long it's been going on and Mr Dougl-ass where were you!
Oh Yeah! Don't "drop the soap"

bring back recent posts

jails are filled with crooks in the prime of life, most are in there cause they were lookin to make easy money, it's a shame this kid could hve done anything his mind dreamed of given the resources, but the world knows, drugs 100% of the time, lead to jail or death, just he way it is.

keyslammer

Nothing like a perfect photo op for the mom! Amazing the narcissistic ways of these people in California. Simply amazing. She turns around and POSES for the cameras all the while making it look like she's looking for someone. HA! She must need a job.

electriczipper

hey Michael Douglas..forget your loser son and adopt me,,I know how to handle large amounts of money and I go to work everyday..A son and dad would be proud to have.By the way I'm 51 years old,is that a problem?

SantaFeJack

My late nephew came from an equally privileged background, and showed signs of behavioral problems in early childhood. His parents spared no expense trying to help him right up to his death of an overdose at 48. I do not see blaming Michael and Deirdre for their son's shortcomings. The only celebrity addict I can think of who might qualify for that is Robert Downey Jr. whose parents introduced him to drugs at a very young age. Now that is what I call BAD parenting!

Pistol

No mercy.

SantaFeJack

@electriczipper Thanks for your offer, but I just can't see you calling my 40 year old wife Mom. Best, Michael.

amahdee

Do you want to make $300+ a day ?
Read this !

Darlene

This is heartbreaking for a parent!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments