Bret Michaels Suffers Brain Hemorrhage

4/23/2010 5:49 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Bret Michaels was rushed to the hospital late Thursday night after suffering a massive hemorrhage near his brain stem, this according to a rep for the singer.

Michaels is reportedly in critical condition at an undisclosed hospital. According to the rep, Michaels was suffering from excruciating headaches earlier in the day.

Michaels underwent several tests, the rep says, including CAT Scans and MRIs.

Michaels suffered from a "subarachnoid hemorrhage" -- bleeding at the base of his brain stem.

Earlier this month, Michaels was rushed to the hospital after experiencing stomach pains -- he ended up having his appendix removed.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

KittyKittyKitty

Yikes!

janet

Bret!!!!!

T

Is this real for fake? Quick with the updates!!!

Klipper

Damn.. I hope he recovers. As gross as he is on "Rock of Love" with all the skanky whores, he seems like a pretty nice guy and I've heard several times that he's always nice to his fans. Get well, Bret.

Abe

They better put the Celebrity Apprentice on hiatus right away. It won't look good to have Trump fire Bret if he's almost dead.

tiv

Oh my god poor Brett i love him he is the sweetest man ever praying he is going to be ok !

Guitar Mike

GodSpeed to you Bret.

marymac

Oh no, hope he's okay - why couldn't this happen to OJ or Jesse James

Moe Greene

I thought his VH1 show was disgusting and that hat would give anyone a headache. But still, no one should have to go through that.

Abe -- you are right, dude. Imagine that, Trump fires him and he leaves holding his head. Would NBC do something that low? Survey says 'yes'

Phreaky

Wow, that's sad. Get well soon Brett.

Bob Johnson

R.I.P. Bret

InZane4all

Wow, I had this happen to me 2 years ago when I was 27. When I had my SAH, I got one of the worst headaches ever, along with a very stiff neck and feeling very nauseus. I didn't hesitate to go to the ER because it was something that I had never felt before, so I knew something was wrong.

Hopefully the opening where the SAH happened sealed itself as this is the best thing that could happen (my openening sealed itself thank god). If not, he will need coiling, which isn't the best thing that could happen, but at least it will be treated. Hang in there man and hope you recover.

mandy_Reeves

Good Lord Bret! Prayers for you. What a handsome beautiful man!

ozzylove

Our prayers are with you Bret! Probably caused by a blood clot from the recent surgery... prayers to your daughter too.

M

Wow #11 easy there he isn't dead yet.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments