Bret Michaels Suffers Brain Hemorrhage

4/23/2010 5:49 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Bret Michaels was rushed to the hospital late Thursday night after suffering a massive hemorrhage near his brain stem, this according to a rep for the singer.

Michaels is reportedly in critical condition at an undisclosed hospital. According to the rep, Michaels was suffering from excruciating headaches earlier in the day.

Michaels underwent several tests, the rep says, including CAT Scans and MRIs.

Michaels suffered from a "subarachnoid hemorrhage" -- bleeding at the base of his brain stem.

Earlier this month, Michaels was rushed to the hospital after experiencing stomach pains -- he ended up having his appendix removed.

CCC

Man he's had a tough few years with diabetes and his appendix and now this. I knew him from years of playing nightclubs in Los Angeles and although he was a rock star, he always treated his fans as if they were his friends. Good luck, Brett.

sarah smile

28. Maybe its from wearing all those wigs, bandanas and hats? Wish him well

Posted at 2:44 PM on Apr 23, 2010 by Just Sayin

what a pathetic ignorant comment, unbelievable. what one struggles with, every day, with Type 1 Diabetes alone can't be explained, it's a nightmare! Now for him to go through this and for someone to make a comment like this, unbelievable.

shame on you! i'd like to see you go through one day on insulin!

smd

That hat is what's killing him. In fact I think it's a wig hat....and it's strangling his brain.

Linda

That sucks....Brett is a good guy. I feel bad for his daughters. They need their daddy. I'm his age....and also have two kids that are school age...I can't imagine. Pull through Brett....your job here on earth is NOT done yet.

reallyirked

How do we know Trump fires him. Maybe he is one of the final two??? Do we know that yet?? That would be a shame. NBC would have to postpone. God Bless him and his family.

tink

Wow, I hate this news! God Bless Bret! I wish you the best!

reallyirked

How do we know Trump fires him. Maybe he is one of the final two!!! Then NBC would have to postpone show. God Bless him. I didn't know him until Cleb Apprentice. he is a great dad. I pray he is ok for his daughters.

reallyirked

How do we know Trump fires him. Do we know who the final two are? What if he is final two? Then they for sure would have to postpone it.

Praying For Brett

Brett, our prayers are with you, god will take care of you and you will be ok. God Bless Brett

OCMom

Wikipedia is already reporting his death...not sure how reliable that is, but it shows he died today, 4/23/10 and they have re-worded the whole thing in the past tense. If this is so, then I am deeply saddened. If not (and I truly hope that is the case), then I send healing prayers to him.

ChanelShades

Praying for you Bret!!!

Wendy

I love you Brett! Always have and always will!! I hope his daughters are ok....how sad....

dirty diana

God I hope he recovers, he is such a nice guy, love ya bret, Praying for you.

LA

Thoughts and prayers for your recovery Bret.

CINDY

OMG I HOPE HE DOESNT PASS AWAY ILL BE TOTALLY CRUSH HE IS MY ALL TIME FAV SINGER MY PRAYS ARE WITH U BRET AND YOUR FAMILY. PULL THROUGH LOVE YOU.