Bret Michaels Suffers Brain Hemorrhage

4/23/2010 5:49 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Bret Michaels was rushed to the hospital late Thursday night after suffering a massive hemorrhage near his brain stem, this according to a rep for the singer.

Michaels is reportedly in critical condition at an undisclosed hospital. According to the rep, Michaels was suffering from excruciating headaches earlier in the day.

Michaels underwent several tests, the rep says, including CAT Scans and MRIs.

Michaels suffered from a "subarachnoid hemorrhage" -- bleeding at the base of his brain stem.

Earlier this month, Michaels was rushed to the hospital after experiencing stomach pains -- he ended up having his appendix removed.

Darlene

Thoughts & prayers are with you!

Real women have CLASS!

God bless you Bret! My mom died in 1990 of the same thing! She was brain dead instantly.

firedancermom

my type 1 diabetic son has really enjoyed seeing him on celebrity apprentice. i used to be in love with Bret <3 hang tough dude - i hope that your fighting spirit pulls you through.

Anita

Brett my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this difficult time in your life.

Kay

I, too, had a subarachnoid hemmorage, I was 25 years old. Happened during delivery of my first child. It is bleeding in the spider-like veins covering the brain and yes, can be very dangerous. Mine happened because my blood pressure went through the roof and popped the tiny blood vessel. I am now 74 years old and have never had a recurrence and never had any after effects. I wish you a speedy recovery, Bret.

Vero

I'm praying for you Bret! Hope you get better soon. Love from Argentina

Real women have CLASS!

God bless you Bret! My mom died in 1990 of the same thing.She died instantly.

Susan

Wow that sucks!!!

Kay

So good luck, Bret!

randy goad

bret, i feel ya, i'm having this surgery this next tuesday at vanderbilt hosp. in nashville tn.....i have the same as yours, they cought mine before hemorrhaged....god bless you.

randy goad

sandy

bret get well soon sucks that your not going to be able to make it to wichita for the river fest i was really looking forward to going ive waited a long time to see you again last time you were here we talked at the mall i think in 1986 wow long time ago hang in there

Debbie DeCeglie

Brett, prayers with you!!! You need to take care of yourself dude!! No more the rock and roll lifestyle.

Love you on the Apprentice.

Your girls need you. Speedy recovery and God bless you!

Debbie Deceglie

aimee

Brett you and your family are in my prayers....
Anyone making negative comments just keep in mind he has 2 little girls and as a mother of a daddy's girl their whole world revolves around him, keep those girls in your prayers and that their daddy is home real soon with them

misty

My daughter and I have loved you from afar for years.
Please get better...we need you and your family and fans need you..our prayers are with you.

Shannon

Bret, you are not a quitter. You give everything your all and then some. As Trump said, "you are a champion". You have overcome so many obstacles over your life and you continue to deal with your diabetes. I can't believe what you've gone through and I wish you the very best and speedy recovery. Also, my prayers and undying love are there for you and your daughter. I have loved you since you came out in 86-87. I'm just a year younger than you. No matter what, you are always upbeat and positive about anything and everything, so, keep positive about this. You always say "Rock On", well, you have to be here to keep us faithful fans Rockin On. Love ya Bret! Shannon Goddard from Windsor, Ontario, Canada