Bret Michaels -- Stabilized

4/24/2010 12:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0423_brett_michaels_EX_TMZ_01Bret Michaels is awake, in good spirits and talking ... TMZ has learned.

Ambre Lake, the Season 2 winner of "Rock of Love," tells TMZ she's spoken with people who are close to Bret who say he's stabilized and conscious.

Lake's tale matches another contestant who has also spoken with Bret's bandmates.

We're told the next 24 to 48 hours are critical -- Bret will be closely monitored.

electriczipper

Anyway This must be fake..I just saw him last night tv on the apprentice and he looked okay to me..well he always looks half dead but he was walking and talking

Rhonda Romiti (Reiser)

Dear Heavenly Father, Please forgive Bret Michaels (S_____) for his sins and forgive me for my sins. I pray Lord that you heal him completely and bring him out of danger. Let him know I REALLY love him and will be praying for him from time to time. Please let others pray for him with me. I pray that in Jesus name, AMEN.

sickofit

Brett being diabetic can have one drink a day. He is an alcoholic. He binges, which will kill you if you are diabetic. He knows this, and keeps doing it.
I feel for him but he has to get the help to stop drinking alcohol, and get his blood sugar under control. He is killing himself. It is a miracle he is not already dead.

urbusted

electriczipper-
STFU, I am sick of your ignorant, mean-spirited comments on every single article.
You should really watch what you say about others, karma is a bitch.:)

best of luck

1/3 of ppl never make it alive to the hospital, 1/3 never leave the hospital and i am on of the 1/3 that did........so hang tough....early days (months) are hard. Brain aneurysms are hard, long recoveries. He is blessed to be at hospital.........

Bob

More like the family is gathering and they are deciding what organs he can donate...the odds are WAY STACKED against a recovery from a massive hemorrhage.

debbie

I have heard nothing of Bret leaving. I believe he is still with us.

debbie

RIP

debbie

I can't believe you are trying to sale a fucokoikkkg product loser. That just made never want to buy that product and tell my friedns...good job! Whos the next celb?

debbie

I agree with the other post he cannot be able to speak or anything else without help. The truth will come out and hopfully it won't be watergate but a real life caring.

SueP

Bret! Pull out of it!

SueP

Bret! Pull out of it!

Sherri

Wonderful news! Get well, Bret!

southernbelladonna

maybe a stage prop landing on his head would explain this injury and maybe not. It is survivable and a second bleed is likely to occur soon.

Julia

Brett I am praying for you. You are strong. Shocking at first, glad we already have encouraging news.
xox