Bret Michaels -- The Odds of Survival

4/23/2010 6:26 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Bret Michaels doesn't just need good medical attention to survive his current condition -- he also needs luck.

According to Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, people who don't receive proper medical treatment after suffering a subarachnoid hemorrhage have a 20% to 30% chance of experiencing a second bleed within the first month -- and the odds of surviving a second bleed are extremely slim.

Cedars states, "Recurrent bleeding has a 70% mortality rate."

Fortunately, Michaels is reportedly being treated in a capable medical center.

However, it appears as though Michaels is already beating the odds -- Cedars reports that roughly 1/3 of people who have a subarachnoid hemorrhage die during the hemorrhage because of extensive brain damage. Obviously, Michaels has already cleared that hurdle.

As for Michaels' treatment, Cedars warns, "Because of the ominous prognosis with delayed definitive therapy, referral to a center of excellence with experience in treating subarachnoid hemorrhage is imperative."

amber

our hearts and prayers are with you and ur daughter we love u !!!!!!

Apostate

Best wishes to ya,Bret.

Patty

As wife of someone who has had 3 brain hemorrages, i totally understand what you are going through. Hang in there Bret you will get through this. You are in our hearts and in our prayers. God bless you and your family

Pepper

Bret my thoughts, prayers and well wishes are with you and your daughters today. I hope you make it thru this and get back where you belong! I love you!! *Kisses*

ROE B.

I was just listening to "Won`t forget you". You & CC,Bobby & Rick were, are &will always be such a FUN band. You seem to be a survivor, Best of LUCK & LOVE! GET WELL REAL SOON! xoxo

Sue Gavins

My thought's and prayer's are with you and your family everyday Bret I love ya and i want to see you well again as do your family and daughter's, so keep fighting because i'm in your corner all the way, and for those sick people posting comments about r.i.p. and crap like that, that's so wrong and he does take care of himself,so instead of judging your time would be better spent praying,and if you really don't care about Bret keep your comment's to yourself, he has a lot of die hard fan's and i'm one of them. God Bless You Bret and wishing you a speedy recovery.

Alison

Dear Bret,
My thoughts and prayers are with you. Ihope you make a quick recovery. I am missing you on the celebrity apprentice and on t.v.

pam shanklin

WE LOVE YOU BRET!!!! YOU ARE A FIGHTER AND YOU WILL WIN THIS ONE!!! WE NEED YOUR AWESOME FACE AND BODY BACK ON THE APPRENTICE!!!!! WE LOVE YOU AND YOU ARE A NATIONAL TREASURE!!!!! MAY GOD BE WITH YOU!!!

Heather

Bret, praying for you and wishing you well!!

shoshannah lemich

i pray for you bret i know you can get through this !!!!!!!!!!!!

shoshannah lemich

i pray for you bret i know you can get through this !!!!!!!!!!!!

linda roche

brett, simply adore you and your heart all my prayers are with you
linda

David J. Turdo

Mr. Michaels:

I suffered a cerebella stroke at (44), y-o-a on 5 May 2007. I attended rehabilitation therapy at Weill-Cornell Medical Center in NYC for approximately (1) years time and I continue to work hard at rehabbing daily. I still nonetheless, have my good days as well as, my bad days as I'm certain you shall. Irrespective of such, I remember that the brain heals in it's own timeframe, (NEUROPLASTICITY IS A REAL PHENOMENON). Consequently, if (as I suspect you have very limited patience as do I), and you don't heal as expeditiously as you'd like, stay strong and always move forward toward healing. If ever you need support and a friend who understands and who desires nothing from you but your support, mutual friendship and respect, (I suspect that you won't as you have many supporters), please feel free and never hesitate to reach out and give me a shout.

All the best - Hopes for a full/complete and a speedy recovery.

Best wishes ... DjCara

netty

I'm praying for you and your 2 girls Bret,my Dad survived the same thing and you will too...miracles happen everyday..keep fighting!

Brenda

Donald Trump just SHUT UP and keep your negative opinions to yourself. We are praying for your quick recovery Bret and know that with all the POSITIVE energy going your way that you will recover. God Bless and get well soon.