Trump: Bret Michaels in 'Big, Big Trouble'

4/26/2010 1:06 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Donald Trump tells TMZ Bret Michaels is in "big, big trouble and the prognosis is not great."

Michaels is a contestant on this season's "Celebrity Apprentice" and, ironically, Trump says Michaels' scrappiness is the best thing he has going for him.

As Trump put it, "He turns out to be an amazing competitor and ultimately that is the thing that could save his life."

Trump, who is in touch with people in the hospital where Michaels remains in critical condition, thinks Michaels' fall on stage back in 2009 -- where he hit his head -- may have something to do with the recent turn of events, though we can't confirm this from Michaels' people.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

issi

WHEN DID MR. TRUMP BECOME DR. TRUMP?

Retta4Bama

Bret needs our prayers. Not luck. I along with others will keep him and his family in my prayers. God can get him through this if it is His will. I pray it is.

Barbara

Bret is a Diabetic and even when it is under control diabetes is a deadly disease. I don't think a head injury from a year ago would be the cause. Any doctor worth the money he can afford to pay would have run test and found this out then. Diabetes on the other hand can cause any number of problems. I know this because 15 yrs ago my other wise heathly diabetic mother died do to a stroke that was ccaused by the diabetes.

Hasa

This is sooo sad. I bet they will put his autopsy photos or pictures of Bret Michaels Dead on www.Celebrity-Autopsies.com

Moppie

No one can say it is IMPOSSIBLE that that massive head injury 10 months ago had something to do with this. Since he is diabetic, his body does not heal normally. When the giant stage prop crushed his head, there may have been some silent internal damage, a weakening of a blood vessel perhaps that never healed. I believe it had something to do with it however probably cannot be proven either way. It's good that Bret got to show his lovable side on the Apprentice and I wish him the best.

becky

Since Apprentice I have a renewed respect for Brett Michaels. I was hoping he would win. Hang in there Brett! God is watching over you.

becky

becky

Elaine

I was never really into his music in the 80's since I was already in my 30's. But over the last few years really started liking him because besides his hair, he seems like a genuine person with a very good heart.
The Rock of Love show sucked because all you saw were a bunch of skanky strippers vying for his attention. The one girl that seemed just right for him was Amber Lake, who still keeps in touch with him. The rest seemed like media whores or unstable DBs. Anyway I wish nothing but the best for him and a speedy recovery. God Bless you Bret!!!!

Mary

Bret, I grew up in the sixties, so when I saw you on Apprentice, I didn't really know who you are. Anyway, I enjoyed you on the program and like how your bandanas always match your outfit.
Stay strong and hang in there.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6