Julia Roberts

Blind Sided By Bullock

... Again

4/29/2010 4:40 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Sandra Bullock's divorce and baby news has covered up Julia Roberts ... literally.

0428-sandra-people-cover3-credit_3

While Sandra and her new baby Louis landed the cover of People's "World's Most Beautiful People" issue, Julia -- who got the top beauty honors and should have been the cover girl -- is relegated to a blip on the upper right hand corner of the mag.

This on top of the fact that Sandra won her Oscar for the box office hit "The Blind Side," a role Julia originally turned down, proves sometimes being a "Pretty Woman" just isn't enough.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Kathy

Julia Roberts- most beautiful!??? Lol..No way! Maybe 10-15 years ago, but not in 2010!

"People" must get paid big bucks to promote certain actors and actresses.

lynne

To the first (or second) poster - there is definitely some kind of business arrangement. The fact that someone like Matthew McConaughey shows up in every issue without his shirt either means he is sleeping with some editor or some other deal is happening.

A friend of mine in the business told me that when you see any celebrity alsmot daily, like the Cruises, you know they are having their publicity rep call the press every day to tell them where they will be. Cruise has daily pictures of his wife and child published to fly in the face of rumors that he is gay.

lynne

Of course, there are exceptions to this, when high-profile stars (like BulloCK) have things happen that make big stories. But the pix of little Suri in her lipstick and high heels is a totally different matter - those pictures are out there because Cruise wants them to be.

Ziggy

No disrespect towards Julia Roberts, but how did she even land on the cover as Most Beautiful?? If anything Sandra Bullock should be named "Most Beautiful Inside and Outside". She's one classy dame, a classic beauty and she's got a heart of gold to boot. I don't remember hearing anything charitable about Julia Roberts.

People magazine pick the same people year after year anyway. If I see one more picture of Johnny Depp, Matt Damon and George Clooney, I'll vomit.

Maybe they should start chosing people for "real beauty" like charitable work, people with good souls instead of trashy Hollywood people who exercise all the time, starve themselves and get plastic surgery.

Me

The only thing Sandra and Angelina have in common is they both use adoption as a distraction to what is really going on.

Tina

Why are all of these celebrities adopting black children, like they are some kind of accessory. I hope she is sincere. That baby is not even smiling.

Amy

It's really stupid to say that the only reason celebrities are photographed is because they call them. It's not hard to follow somebody when they camp outside of your home, job, etc. Considering a lot of celebrities live in the LA surrounding area, you're going to eventually find them.

I know they put a lot of work into it but I wonder why People didn't just delay the Most Beautiful cover by a week? Julia is still very pretty but considering she hasn't had hits in awhile she's barely an A-lister. I think Eat, Pray, Love is coming out soon. Very often the cover person of these special issues have a movie, cd coming out soon.

There's a problem here

I almost choked on my lunch when I heard that Julia Roberts was once again on People's (dubious at best) "The Most Beautiful" List .. and at the top? Are you freaking serious? She can't act, she's got a harsh profile, and she's so stuck on herself you can actually see fumes of narcissism around her. Most beautiful indeed. Who'd she pay for that "honor" ??

Barb

Julia Roberts has been around for a long time. I'm surprised that there isn't a truly current Most Beautiful Person in 2010. The movies I've loved of hers are quite old now.

Sandra Bullock. She too is lovely. Funny, business savvy and brilliant. Her gorgeous baby boy Louis Bardo was released to the public at the same time she filed divorce papers (April 23). It appears to me that the joy of Louis was purposely meant to put her husband's story on the back burner. Great PR.

Dawn

They probably did Ms. Roberts a favor by relegating her to a blip on the cover - saved her a lot of embarassment. Even she must know that she's not the worlds most beautiful. It's a big world out there, and I don't see how that could be. I do agree that they should focus on people who are beautiful both inside and out, but who's to know what people are really like? There are people who get great write-ups all the time, but in real life they are nothing like the image that's being portrayed. They can be narcissistic, self-centered, covetous - but everyone think seems to think they're so great.

Dawn

They probably did Ms. Roberts a favor by relegating her to a blip on the cover - saved her a lot of embarassment. Even she must know that she's not the worlds most beautiful. It's a big world out there, and I don't see how that could be. I do agree that they should focus on people who are beautiful both inside and out, but who's to know what people are really like? There are people who get great write-ups all the time, but in real life they are nothing like the image that's being portrayed. They can be narcissitic, self-centered, covetous - but everyone think seems to think they're so great.

Katt

People mag cannot move on from the 'stars' they project to sell their magazine.....you people are right.....Matt Damon, Clooney, Pitt, Depp but ESPECIALLY Julia Roberts must have their subscription paid until the next century.....EAT PRAY LOVE will bomb as all of her movies have....

THE SHEENY MAN

Where can I buy one?

Derek

I'm a fan of both actresses. I am sure both of them, with the level of wealth and fame they have both achieved, will move past this publishing "mishap" in short order.

Phreaky

Wow TMZ... crafting a story out of picture placement on a magazine cover that has been plastered all over the world for the last 24 hours... Is there a controversy on the font used that we could make another story out of? Or how about the fact that native/African looking beads were draped around the baby - the baby is African-American. Isn't that stereotypical?
Ugh... you are really scraping lately TMZ

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments