Sandra Bullock

Files for Divorce,

Adopts Baby

4/28/2010 9:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Sandra Bullock says she is divorcing Jesse James -- AND she's adopted a baby boy, according to People.

0428_bullock_people
Sandra told People she has filed for divorce, adding "I'm sad and I am scared" -- though she does not reveal where the petition was filed. She says she had no idea about Jesse's infidelity.

She also reveals that she's adopted a 3 1/2 month old boy named Louis Bardo Bullock -- and though she and Jesse started the adoption process four years ago and brought the boy home together in January, she now plans to raise him as a single parent.

Of the baby, who was born in New Orleans and named after Louis Armstrong, Bullock says "He's just perfect, I can't even describe him any other way ... It's like he's always been a part of our lives."

Despite the messy split, she says of James, "I really don't know how our paths will intersect in the future, but the father I have known Jesse to be ... is one that I hope Louis can experience one day, no matter how Jesse and I go on with our lives."

Jesse tells the magazine "I know in my heart that I can be the best father possible to my four children and the mate Sandy deserves, and realize that this is an incredible mountain to climb. But believe the steps I have taken in the last 30 days are the foundation to making this happen."

Sandra and Jesse have been married for almost five years.  He has three children from two previous marriages.

Story developing ...

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Best story so far today on tmz

GOOD FOR HER

Stacey

GO GIRL!! you don't need that loser!

David

Mikey

Only 13% of the population is black so no doubt there are more white babies who need a home than black. And now there is one less black kid for a black family to adopt. 'Hey everyone, look at me, I'm adopting a black kid just like I did in my movie. Aren't I great?'

Tina

Jesse probably didn't want any part of that adoption. He's a racist. Good on you, Sandra. Best wishes to you and your son.

Katie

I am kind of disappointed that you guys didnt discover this before I heard this on NBC's Today show. And to add a small correction to you article as it stand above now: They adopted the baby together in January, acording to Today.

Sloane

just saw a pic on the Today show that will be in People mag
apparently the baby is named Louis-because the minute she held him she thought of Louie Armstrong singing It's a Wonderful World!

what a sweet story to tell her new son when he is a bit older

I can just imagine her overwhelming feeling of love and joy!
so happy for her that her future looks bright and pleased that she is able to do the adoption without fanfare and without pulling her celebrity strings to fast track it all like some celebs do. She did the adoption the way the rest of us would do it and it took a while naturally

kudos & congrats Sandra
and here's hoping the paparazzi will leave you alone and not follow you shouting out Jessie questions looking for a reaction to print!

TMZ etc. leave this gal alone!!
she deserves respect form everyone for how she is handling everything and moving on with her future

Tina

Hey Mikey Boy, A child needs a home regardless of race, black or white. Racist pig, Nazi!

Maryanne

One question ---- Why can't people adopt older kids? I would have moved if it would have been a harder to place child.

Angela Day

Why can't some people just be happy that this child now has a loving home, instead of bringing up race? Get over it, YOU are what's holding up progress!!

Peace!
XO

please

This was written as if it has already happened.
It should read,
"Sandra Bullock to divorce Jesse and adopt baby"
not
"Sandra Bullock Divorces Jesse, Adopts Baby"

NYGirl

Yes actually it does say that he was involved. "they started the process 4 years ago and brought him home in January but kept it quiet..." I think its such a shame that they couldnt work things out...they seemed like a great couple. Guess he will be learning the hard way about being faithful.

nyk001

Hi,

Sandra Bullock has revealed some very big news - she has filed for divorce from Jesse James and is the proud mother of an adopted baby boy! The 45-year-old actress began the adoption process with Jesse four years ago and brought baby Louis Bardo Bullock, 3 and a half months, home in January! The family opted to keep the happy news quiet until after the Oscars, according to People, who broke the story. As for her split from Jesse, Sandra tells People that she’s “sad and…scared” but that she has filed for divorce.

Thanks
Peter

Tenders

lala

Maybey some people like adopting black babies cus they are less likely to be adopted,idk but whatever a baby is a baby and if people want to adopt chinese,japanese,mexican,black white so it is. Love does not have a color

Christine

Mikey, do your research. It's much harder to find adoptive homes for black children than it is for white children. Black families don't adopt at the same rate that white families do, so there is a shortage of homes for black babies and children. This kid could have easily grown up in foster care for the rest of his life if Sandra hadn't adopted him.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments