Bret Michaels -- I'm Having Trouble Moving My Legs

5/19/2010 12:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Bret Michaels just told Oprah Winfrey that he's still having trouble moving his lower extremities after his massive brain hemorrhage last month, but the rocker's mind -- especially his wit -- appear to be working just fine.

Bret Michaels
In his first televised interview since he was rushed to the emergency room -- with the odds of survival overwhelmingly stacked against him -- Bret told O that he's doing twice the rehab in order to expedite his recovery ... but he still suffers from headaches.

Michaels also cried a little bit during the show -- after Oprah ran an interview with Bret's 9-year-old daughter, in which she expressed how sad she was at the thought of life without her dad.  It's pretty emotional stuff.

The good news -- Bret seems like he's right on pace to go back on tour with his band May 28.

truth

BRETT TAKE SOME TIME OFF AND RELAX OR THEIR WILL BE NO MORE rOCK OF LOVE

lamborari

Your health is more IMPORTANT than any ole tour bringing in boat loads of dough that I can only dream of day after day. Do you REALLY think money is more important than your health? The way your going... doing double the therapy each day to recover faster sometimes is not good at all. Nobody needs to over excert themseleves at any cost. Your daughters Raine and Jorja need you the most and mean the world to you! Listen to your family and get better 1st before you won't see tomorrow. Then your daughters will be forever devastated because you are gone!
Always in my thoughts and prayers!

Dayna White

God Bless You Bret! I hope you make a full recovery. I would like to say that you are such a gentleman! Seeing you on celebrity Apprentice has been such a breath of fresh air...you have one of the biggest hearts of any man I've seen, you wear your emotions on your sleeve and I admire you for that. You have touched my heart in a way that I can't explain. This world would be a much brighter place if there were more men like you in it...I mean that from the bottom of my heart. I wish you a long long long, Happy Healthy Life! You are a winner in my eyes...don't ever change who you are. I hope some day I will be lucky enough to meet you in person so I can tell you how much I admire you as a father, a business man, a rocker,and most of all as a human being!
Love from my heart to yours, get well my friend!
Dayna White,
BC Canada

flip[wilson

3Storms

AND HE'S STILL WEARING A WIG WITH A BANDANA TO KEEP IT FROM FALLING OFF.

DAMN. THIS GUY DRIVES A QUARTER-MILLION-$$$ BENTLEY CONVERTIBLE. HE CAN SPEND THE MONEY ON HAIR PLUGS.

Kate M

So glad the recovery is going well. Stay strong, don’t push the healing process. Everyone goes through an emotional roller coaster when things like this happen. Serious decision making about your future plans should perhaps go on hold until you are feeling like yourself again. Yes, there are some things that might take on new priority, that is great. Don’t make choices based on fear or the depression that comes with an event like this. It is really a second chance, perhaps it is also time to move forward/on with your personal life. Stuck in something that is on again, off again, is still stuck. You must have been looking for something that was missing if you agreed to do three seasons of ROL. Of course since they were reality shows we can assume the basis behind them was BS. After all Kristi is already wearing a lovely ring. I am sure you really need someone to get you through this. That is what sisters/family is for. Take time to recover, your fans will patiently wait. The only plan that you should have is to get to 100% before you get back to giving your fans 100%.

rip mj

40. Boo Hoo... there's thousands of people in Africa with leprosy...why isn't Oprah interviewing them... what makes this hack musician so special...is he better than humans in AFr with leprosy? Huh?

Posted at 11:43 AM on May 19, 2010 by flip[wilson

well, coming from someone (myself) who struggles with type 1 diabetes every day, wondering if i've given myself too much, not enough insulin, if i'll have a seizure, go low and go into a coma...i'd like to see you manage through it, not to mention he just had abdominal surgery and then this!

no one realizes the complications alone of type 1 diabetes, it's a horrible disease, effects every part of one's body, every organ, muscles, eyes, limbs, etc...

i'd like to see you, mr. potty mouth, go through one day of your life injecting yourself full of insulin, wondering if that simple glass of milk will take you over the top!

rip mj

Posted at 11:43 AM on May 19, 2010 by 3Storms

maybe with type 1 diabetes, hair plugs in not a good idea or first on his mind!

kickaboo

Bret, don't push yourself to get back on tour. Trust me, worse things can happen to your body if don't give yourself time to heal. With two major traumas to your body along with your diabetes, you need time. Pain and fatigue will turn in a chronic, crippling problem. Good to see you up and about though, your daughters are so beautiful!

bring back recent posts

BIIIIIIIIIIG mistake hittin the road,nothin like a lil physical exertion to start up a bleeder, ya know, the one that started and nobody knows why!!!!!! geeeeeeeez..downsize if u need to Bret..money won't do u any good 6 ft under and ur babies want u above the ground!

homo

brett micheals is a has been and a loser this brain thing is the best for his nothing career he'll win celeb apprentice cuz of this hes a clown now and back in the 80s

hank

Its those damned headbands he wears. His brain can't breathe!

flip[wilson

rip mj...or should I just refer to you as TYPE ONE...
Listen, dude, ya can't use type one as an excuse for everything...we all have our problems...deal with it... I'm talkin' about this undeserved interest in a hack musician just because he had a headache...no one cares...his music isn't worth listening to and he obviously doesn't care about his family, only the skanks that wait for him outside his dressing room on his fake little "rock" tour... type one can't explain that....can it?

John

This is all to sell tickets and cd's. I feel bad for all the fools that actually believe that he was on the brink of death a few weeks, then all of the sudden he's ready to go back on tour. Give me a break.

Beth Martineau

Take some time off Brett and marry your daughter's mother Brett- show them the reason that they would want to be walked down the isle by you!