Lee DeWyze -- The Odds Are in His Favor

5/20/2010 3:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The smart money is on Lee DeWyze to win "American Idol" -- in fact, dude has become the odds on favorite to win the show ... this according to one of the biggest gambling sites in the world.

The gambling experts at BoDog.com have decided that Lee's odds to win the show are 1/2 -- while Crystal Bowersox is at 3/2.

Translation -- a $2 bet would pay back $3 on Lee (the favorite) and $5 on Crystal (the underdog).

But the odds don't always predict the winner -- last year, Adam Lambert was the odds on favorite to win ... and we all know how that worked out.

Carl

Ryan,

How is the payback wrong? TMZ said you would get back $3 and $5 respectively on a $2 bet. You said the person would net $1 and $3. So you'd get back your $2 plus the amount you'd net. In other words $3 and $5. The two of you are saying exactly the same thing.

spystud

"33. Your "journalist" clearly has no idea how to calculate odds. A $2 bet getting 1/2 odds would net you $1 and a $2 bet getting 3/2 odds would net you $3. Smart writer."

No kidding!! Do you not have one editor on staff that has even the slightest clue about sports and/or gambling?! You weren't even close with your payouts...

WHATEVER

MAYBE HE CAN SING BUT HE DOESN'T MOVE ME...........

Raejean

Sorry, but this girl just looks DIRTY to me.

happy

I beg your pardon. Kanye West is not the ugliest around. That would be Mick Jagger. Who cares anyway? As long as an artist can sing. Which by the way, Lee CANNOT. Screaming and looking like a deer caught in the headlights does not an artist make.

antbabs

Raejean - I agree. Crystal has made no effort to clean it up - teeth or not. She doesn't give a **** what she looks like and probably didn't let makeup touch her. She is not AI material. Last man standing, will take the next title I hope (although I wish it were Casey).

cheerio

Lee is a brilliant artist. I love how he changed the songs to make them his own. He did a better job than any other contestant on any other season. He never went over the top like Adam did. I look forward to seeing him become a huge star. He's got the looks and the sound to go all the way.

Whatever

Hate to burst the balloon for all you Crystal fans, but this is the entertainment BUSINESS. She is not marketable as she currently is. Even gorgeous Carrie Underwood had to lose 20+ pounds to polish the look. Looks, charisma and polish ~ plus singing ~ is how you survive and maybe make it in the world of entertainment. Lee is a bankable star and will win. He has the voice, the charisma, the looks, the charm. I can easily see spending $20 on a CD for him. Not her. He wins. Bet on it, bitches.

Cecilia

I don't think Lee is all that attractive. He's got the same simple boyish face as all the other young recording artists around(boring).
There are and have been throughout the years very unattractive (to some) yet superb musical artists.....and believe me, Chrystal is SUPERB to the max! And actually quite pretty in my humble opinion.

A true natural talent is Chrystal. Just a simple, down to earth lady who probably doesn't give a damn about the fake Hollywood lifestyle or what others might think. I'm sure once she's made it she'll change her style somewhat, but I'm right behind her all the way. Her true talent shines no matter what others say.
You go Chrystal!

carolina

Crystal's performance of "Maybe I'm Amazed" was as awful as her Medusa hairstyle, but she will win.

ExSmutStud

There are potential American Idols? They look like two trailer park kids.

karlew

Lee whines his way through every song he sings. But I hope he wins because Crystal is way way way above the crappy albums they make the winner record, Lee is not.

BeatlesFan1

To Post #1: My thoughts exactly! :) Chicago Loves Lee!!!!!!!!!!!

LiLa

If you've got doubts about Lee's talent, go listen to the studio version of Simple Man on iTunes. It's amazing!

Croobug

The writer is COMPLETELY WRONG. Crystal is the favorite with those odds. 1/2 odds will give you $2 back on a $1 bet. 3/2 odds will give you $2 back on a $3 bet. So you if you bet the same amount on both, you will get less back if you bet on Crystal. The whole article is moronic!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments