Beresford-Redman's Sister -- Gun Allegation

5/30/2010 11:12 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned the former sister-in-law of "Survivor" producer Bruce Beresford-Redman claims Bruce's dad allegedly went to her restaurant last night ... she believes with a gun.

Sources tell TMZ Carla Ferreira-Burgos was at the restaurant Zabumba at around 10:00 PM preparing food for today's memorial when David Beresford-Redman allegedly came inside.

One source says David ominously had his hand in his pocket. Another source is more specific and says people in the restaurant saw signs of a gun. We're told David left without incident.

We're also told she claims to have filed a police report.

We contacted David today, but he had no comment.

Richard Hirsch, Bruce's lawyer, tells TMZ, "That's the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. I have spent hours with this man and he is one of the most gentle people I have ever met."

Don't Question Authority!!!

I guess being a criminal runs in the family...

sean

Was that a gun in his pocket or was he just happy to see them?

Imjustsayin

Why was he even at her restaurant? Seems strange to me

tokersexchick

I wish they hadn't made this allegation - they just lost credibility with me and now sound paranoid. It does sound ridiculous.

Caroline

If people in the restaurant who are neutral and don't have a dog in this fight saw signs of a gun that sounds pretty serious. And given the situation and the obvious bad blood between the two families I don't understand why he would be at that restaurant at all. Better to keep some distance and let the courts handle this.

Jim in LV

Dear tokersexchick, sometimes paranoia stems from actual events. There were other eyewitnesses (customers) at the restaurant that saw him. And for all the "he's the most gentle man" comments, even a seemingly sweet person will resort to horrific acts when it comes to family.

Brian

"...she believes with a gun." So we're taking her word over her thinking? They saw "signs" of a gun. What signs? A gun-shaped bulge in his pocket? A shoulder-holster? Unless they saw a gun and not "signs" of one, they saw nothing. Too many people are trying to play this out of court and crucify him. Let the court handle it. If he's guilty, he'll go to jail. If not, leave him alone.

JustMe

He looks like a serial killer to me.

JLS

I think this is entirely LIKELY to be TRUE. If people in her restaurant saw him - even if he was just present - why was he there? Would he bring a weapon? Quite likely, I'd say. This grandpa also lied to the kids stating Monica died in a car accident. Not good for the kids. And there there is this: Grandpa, along with Bruce, told the judge he didn't want the children to go to the memorial. Why? No casket would be there-just those who want to honor their mother. Put this all together and what do you have? All of it smacks of Bruce murdering his wife and daddy covering for him.

Zip

Why is this family (the family of the murder victim) even taking this from these two thugs, that being the producer and his father? They need to take the law into their own hands, and handle this situation once and for all. I would not allow these two thugs to get away with murder, and now intimidation? Enough already!!! It is far past time to fight back--and end the threat(s)!!!! You have a right to self-defense, use it!!!! Stop being the victims, and stop being victimized!!!!

Mike Booth

Stop! Or My Dad Will Shoot

produced by Bruce Beresford-Redman....

G.R.

Geeezzzz. Another crazy ass family. Must be the water in CA.

john smith

The police need to lock this guy up, contact the Pacific Division of the L.A.P.D. on Culver blvd in West los Angeles. Being that this man is almost 80 years old it would make sense If he were to start a confrontation at her restaurant that he would be armed, he was unescorted so It would make sense for his own protection. Why would he want to go to her restaurant? Obviously for a confrontation with her friends and customers...........LAPD where are you?

Jessica

Did tiger sleep with this one also?

15. I think the sister is way to dramatic! I think she just wants money...none of her other family is acting like a looney bin besides her. I dont even think this guy is guilty for some reason.

Posted at 2:14 PM on May 30, 2010 by Jessica

I agree completely and she's obnoxious and now loves the limelight!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments