Beresford-Redman's Sister -- Gun Allegation

5/30/2010 11:12 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned the former sister-in-law of "Survivor" producer Bruce Beresford-Redman claims Bruce's dad allegedly went to her restaurant last night ... she believes with a gun.

Sources tell TMZ Carla Ferreira-Burgos was at the restaurant Zabumba at around 10:00 PM preparing food for today's memorial when David Beresford-Redman allegedly came inside.

One source says David ominously had his hand in his pocket. Another source is more specific and says people in the restaurant saw signs of a gun. We're told David left without incident.

We're also told she claims to have filed a police report.

We contacted David today, but he had no comment.

Richard Hirsch, Bruce's lawyer, tells TMZ, "That's the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. I have spent hours with this man and he is one of the most gentle people I have ever met."

Mika

Hmm..hmm..I agree so many m0rons (Bruce and his parents with multiple accounts) on here trying to defend Bruce. But we should understand that he and his parents are very desperate at this point and angry and as Bruce himself stated in an email --his family are proven liars (his Mother set an example to lie) and his father has severe 'anger issues'.
Carzy pops should stay away from Zabumba btw. He has no financial say on it as Monica owned the restaurant before she married his pshyco son.

Mika

Bruces lawyer says David Beresofrd Redman is the 'most gentle man' hahaha. His son seems to disagree.

In the email, Bruce writes “I see my mother and father influencing me and my choices and actions” and says “I never wanted to turn into my father.”

He continues, “My mother was afraid of my father and lied to him about silly things. My mother bought me a bike, it was a beautiful Schwinn dirt bike, and she was afraid that my father would be angry she had bought it for me, so we had to pretend it was from my grandmother.”

He admits “I took the wrong lesson from this and the other instances where it was just easier to lie than it was to face my father’s temper.”
--Read the entire email on RadarOnline

Deborah

yes Mika it seems they are on here in droves today. well we know for sure they didn't go to their wife/daugher in law's memorial service right? After they paid the therapist to make sure Monica's kids didn't even get to go to their own mother's memorial service.
Its funny - you would think if Mr. Bruce was innocent he and his parents might be interested in finding the real killer rather than fighting Monica's family and trying to keep the kids away from them wouldn't you? Instead they buy a mouthpiece attorney named Hirsch to travel the media circuit for them.

Sociopath with money and international connections. OJ all over agian.

Hussie

Geez people...How can you call this woman "paranoid" or "crazy"?...Slimeball MURDERS her sister in Mexico, SNEAKS back into the U.S., and now his family is showing up at her place of business UNINVITED?...
Why was he even there?...
What were his motives?...
Why would the witnesses lie?...
Desperate people WILL resort to desperate means, and Old Man's kid is likely looking at Life in a Mexican pokey...It would not surprise me a bit if Old Man didn't pull something stupid...

john smith

How can people come on here everyday and say that there is no evidence against Bruce? The attorney general in cancun will present his case to the judge asking that Bruce Beresford-Redman be charged with first degree premeditated cold blooded murder of his wife. There is a mountain of evidence that no one can ignore. This will be an open and shut case if Bruce does'nt run again. The judge will review the mountain of evidence for a week, and issue a warrant for his arrest. The jury will come back with a verdict in an hour or less.

suesch1950

If the stories are true about what the grandparents told the kids on how their mother died by getting hit by a car and that their father found her at a hospital dead, the grandparents sound a bit out there.
I also agree with prior comments with regard to why would he go to the restaurant in the first place. Bruce's lawyer didn't have any explaination. If there had been a legitimate one, it would have been disclosed immediately.

Jaynae

The sister needs to chill and quit running to the press about everything, it's not helping her case. It's making her look erratic and a few fries short of a happy meal.

jenjen

Holy ****, I knew this guy when he was young. He was a weird liar even way back then. Always cheated on his poor girlfriend with tons of other women and lied to everyone's face about it in a creepy detached way. No one but the women involved knew. And even some of them never figured it out. The rest of the world thought he was a typical nice guy. I knew he was a jerk and that he had a temper. I can see him doing this if he thought the jig was up and he had a lot to lose. Something about him was just never right. His parents seemed nice enough. Smart people. It's hard to believe that they don't know him well enough to know that he's guilty.

jenjen

Deborah

Jaynae, I don't understand your comment. She believes he came to her place of business with a gun. Her sister was just murdered and by all indications by this man's son. There are huge emotions over the children and people do crazy things when all of this upheaval is going on. Why shouldn't she call the police and how do you know she called the media? The call to the police would alert the media. What about the other people in the restaurant that saw what they think was a gun? You think this was going to stay quiet? Saying she should chill and the "A few fries short of a happy meal" is cute but consider the sister and the cir***stances in the context of the whole picture.
How would you act?
Erratic? Going to a restaurant with a gun sounds erratic to me and even if he didn't have a gun as people report - why was he there? Funny how apparantly easy it is to focus on Monica's family and label their spokesperson as crazy or erratic when they are the victims and ignore the actions of the "Producer" who is most certainly not.

durrr...

mexico has got a whole lot of money invested in disgusting cheap whores and nasty drugs. it'd only make sense to them to take whoever is willing to fuel their 'economy' generously, under their legal wing.

Politico Pablo

The former sister-in-law may be getting a little paranoid. You have to put your hands somewhere. Just because there in your pocket doesn't necessarily mean your carrying a loaded gun.

Given the cir***stances surrounding Monica's untimely death, it was inappropriate for him to be there. This whole thing is going to get really ugly.

suesch1950

I just read some excerpts from an email by David-B-Redmond in regards to his father's temper on Radaronline.com.

The email was sent on March 4, 2010—one month before Monica Beresford-Redman was found dead in a sewer in Cancun, Mexico. In the email, Bruce states “it was just easier to lie than it was to face my father’s temper.”

Supposedly, Monica's sister has submitted it to the court. It will be interesting to see, if true, how this might affect the custody.

suesch1950

The email was sent on March 4, 2010 - one month before Monica Beresford-Redman was found dead in a sewer in Cancun, Mexico. In the email Bruce states "it was just easier to lie than it was to face my father's temper.

tiv

Wow this sister just wants it all first she gets her sisters restarant and wants the kids too and probly all the money from the life ins hummmm sounds fishy to me the Dad probly went there to see the family since the memorial was next day and the sister makes it all about a crime maybe she killed her sister anyone know where she was the day the sister went missing ???

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments