Brittany Murphy's Husband Found Dead

5/24/2010 9:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Simon Monjack, widower of Brittany Murphy, was found dead late Sunday night at his home in the Hollywood Hills -- the same home where his wife Brittany Murphy collapsed and eventually died five months earlier ... and both bodies were discovered by the same woman.

Coroner: Brittany Murphy Took Simon's Drugs

Law enforcement sources say Brittany's mother, Sharon Murphy, found Monjack unconscious in the master bedroom around 9:30PM, and then called 911.

Monjack was pronounced dead sometime after paramedics arrived ... when resuscitation efforts failed.

Monjack reportedly died from cardiac arrest, though nothing officially has been determined.

The similarities are remarkable. Murphy was found unconscious by her mother Sharon. Sharon found Simon unconscious as well. Murphy was found in the master bathroom. Simon was found in the master bedroom of the same home. Paramedics administered CPR to Simon. Simon administered CPR to Brittany. And they may have both died from cardiac arrest ... five months apart.

A death investigation is underway.

0524_monjack_winters_tmzUPDATE 5:15AM PDT: Law enforcement sources tell us prescription bottles were found in the house (as they were when Brittany died), but there were no illegal drugs. There is no sign of suicide or foul play ... as a result LAPD has closed their investigation. It's all in the coroner's hands now.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Phil

WTF? I'm suspecting suicide....

fredo

terrible, just terrible

why is she there ?

strange family

courts

so sad - maybe the mother drugged them both up??

noah

Sad Sad Sad, don't know what the cause of his death but just hope it wasn't suicide

meme

Bizarre.

InterestingCelebLife

Seriously! Wow! This is bad. Hope that Mother will be Ok. How much more bad luck can this lady have in a year.

Len Dog

What a Trip!

Irene

Geez..what kind of drugs are these people on??

edge70

Good. I like when low-lifes die.

Sadie

It's sad when these celebs have to pay the reaper so early for their fame. smh. may he r.i.p.

raykie

Guilty????

Sky

OMG!!! Just awful and shocking! I'm speechless.

Me

This is really sad. I'm actually probably the only one who believed this poor man.

Freddy

I'm not surprised by this. Now I don't know if it was drugs or suicide but considering what they found in their home after Brittany died I'm guessing the formal. Ironically me and my friend was watching Clueless and 8 Mile right before I came on here and saw this. Crazy.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments