Brittany Murphy's Husband Found Dead

5/24/2010 9:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Simon Monjack, widower of Brittany Murphy, was found dead late Sunday night at his home in the Hollywood Hills -- the same home where his wife Brittany Murphy collapsed and eventually died five months earlier ... and both bodies were discovered by the same woman.

Coroner: Brittany Murphy Took Simon's Drugs

Law enforcement sources say Brittany's mother, Sharon Murphy, found Monjack unconscious in the master bedroom around 9:30PM, and then called 911.

Monjack was pronounced dead sometime after paramedics arrived ... when resuscitation efforts failed.

Monjack reportedly died from cardiac arrest, though nothing officially has been determined.

The similarities are remarkable. Murphy was found unconscious by her mother Sharon. Sharon found Simon unconscious as well. Murphy was found in the master bathroom. Simon was found in the master bedroom of the same home. Paramedics administered CPR to Simon. Simon administered CPR to Brittany. And they may have both died from cardiac arrest ... five months apart.

A death investigation is underway.

0524_monjack_winters_tmzUPDATE 5:15AM PDT: Law enforcement sources tell us prescription bottles were found in the house (as they were when Brittany died), but there were no illegal drugs. There is no sign of suicide or foul play ... as a result LAPD has closed their investigation. It's all in the coroner's hands now.

GHGFHGFH

This family seems to be branded with death...Despite what some might of believed about Simon Monjack, it's really unfortunate that he died, and similar to Brittany Murphy's death. At least he'll be with his wife now. How knows maybe he overdosed or maybe he was very sick...but u can tell he really missed brittany, but who's going to look after Sharon now that she's alone.

Poor family :(

b

coincidence? hmmmmm.....

TYRANT

I think this may be a house to avoid if it goes on the market....

TYRANT

I think this may be a house to avoid if it goes on the market....

Kay

I'm thinking the mom did something. Now she'll get everything. If Brittney's husband didn't die he would get everything. It just sounds too suspicious that the both of them died in the same room in the same way and she was present at both and supposedly did CPR on both. If he wanted to do himself in he would have done it shortly have she died and not 5 months. Just a thought.

margie

He probably died of a broken heart. They are together at last in peace.

margie

He probably died of a broken heart,he could not live without brittney. They are together at peace.

luling

The mom checks on him at 9:30 pm!

sam

ive seen movies where the house was evil and made it look like you've had a heart attack.

Michelle Mintchwarner

Did you her the 911 call, her mom certainly did not drug her daughter, she was so distraut in that call, it was very sad and she was a wreck, and at one point says " Brittney please come back " while in tears!! You could hear the aweful horror her mother was going threw, there is no possible way that was an act, I knew her and her mother from when I went to middle school, and dance class with her for years before she left for Hollywood in 8th grade, She adored her daughter very much, there is no way she drugged her daughter up to have her die, she had just got to the house while Brittney was showering, just before she collapsed. But, as far as Simon's death who knows, she may have blamed him for her daughters death and drugged him up, but knowing her from Elementary school, to Middle school, her mom was the kindest, gentlest, and believed in Brittney, and was so supportive, she would have never drugged her daughter up. And simon had major Health issues with his heart and was schedualed for surgery in September. BUT THAT HOUSE IS EVIL, OR HAS SOME BAD ENERGY, Because of all **** that happened from BRITNEY SPEARS when SHE OWNED IT, to when BRITTNEY MURPHY owning it, NOTHING BUT NEGATIVITY and NEGATIVE EVENTS have happened in that HOUSE! I OWNED a HOUSE like THat and my Family broke APART!!! I had A Baby 1yr OLD, and his FATHER was my FIANCE, the prior owned ended up a recluse and GORREPHOBIC from a DIVORCE, the wife CHEATED, and that's just what HAPPENED to my FAMILY, my FIANCE CHEATED for no good REASON, we weren't EVEN in that HOUSE a YEAR, Maybe ABOUT 9 months, AND JUST Like THE PAST OWNERS, OUR FAMILY BROKE APART, and we have tried to make it work after ON and OFF FOR 12 YEARS. OFFICIALLY breaking up IN just this PAST February 3erd 2010. BAD ENERGY in a house is VERY BAD, and DEFINATELY carries on to the NEXT OWNER!!

Michelle Mintchwarner

Wow, I went to middle school with Brittney at Herbert Hoover middle school in Edison, NJ. I remember when she left in either 7th or 8th grade for hollywood to be in a sitcom called Drexals Class where she played the daughter of a teacher, Mr. Drexal and another actress played her older sister, it only ran one or two seasons, maybe three, but was not very successful. I also remember her role in "Girl Interrupted" and what an outstanding performance. I was also in her dance class in edison, we went to the same studio. And what a performance in "Just Married" where she co-stared with Ashton Kusher!! All her roles were magnificent Acting, she was truley a "Shineing Star" I will miss seeing her star in films, "Clueless" Being her big brake, where she played "Tye" a girl with no fashion sense from New York, was "unforgetable" and was a one of the biggest films in the late "90's" for generation X, I believe it came out in 96-97 When I was 17 in "97" it was one of the best films of that generation, a true 90's classic. My thoughts and prayers are with her family, especially her mother, brother, and father. I heard her and her husband Simon are 2 of 3 people to die in that house in the past year, I wonder who the 3erd person was, this according to a statement made by her brother. She is now in peace, and surely an Angel, She will now look over her family in grace, because her talents were oh so graceful, as well as her performances. My thoughts and prayer are with her family, she will be truely missed, by her family, fans, and her old middle school friend who have missed her since the day she left school!!! ;-) R.I.P

David

Maybe the mother is killing them for the money.

David

Maybe the mother is killing them for the money.

atlanta_kevn

Michelle Mintchwarner
I believe in UFO's and other things. But, blaming a house for crap that happened to your life is complete B.S. It's similar to going to a psychic where you "associate" what they say to "something". Your life is yours. I am sure if I met you I would like you and you are a good person. I have 2 kids myself and I split up with their mother a couple of years ago -- but I dont even once suggest it was a house or some other tangible object.

May peace rest on his soul and Brittany's regardless of how they died and/or if we agreed upon their lifestyle. Judging only makes us worse -- and no -- I am not a bible thumper.

jane

THIS IS A MYSTERY WHAT IS THE LIKELY HOOD OF 2 YOUNG HUSBAND AND WIFE DIE THIS CLOSE, AND IF HE WAS STRUNG ON DRUGS, SO WAS BRITTANY, AND WHO WAS THE SUPPLIER,?? THE MOTHER SOUND SUSPICIOUS
TO ME.
ITS POSSIBLE THIS COULD BE A PLOE WITH HER AN A BOYFRIEND SCHEMING TO GET THE MONEY BRITTANY HAD LEFT??
THIS IS A REAL SHERLOCK HOLMES CASE.
SOME ONE WANTED THESE 2 DEAD
AND I KNOW THAT HOUSE WILL NEVA SELL!! WHO IN THE HELL WILL LIVE THERE....
BRITTNEY WAS IN A 1987 MOVIE WITH ROBERT URICH WHERE SHE WAS A PREGNANT TEEN WHO GOT PREGNANT BY A POLICE SGT, AND HE KILLED HER SO HIS WIFE COULD NOT KNOW HE HAD FATHERED HER BABY...
THIS IS SO WEIRED...IF YOU SEE THE END OF THE MOVIE IT WAS JUST BRITTNEY LYING THERE DEAD...AND YOU COULD HEAR HER VOICE. TALKIN ABOUT HOW SHE WISH SHE WAS STILL ALIVE...IT IS SOOOOOO SCARY AND IRONIC