Brittany Murphy's Husband Found Dead

5/24/2010 9:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Simon Monjack, widower of Brittany Murphy, was found dead late Sunday night at his home in the Hollywood Hills -- the same home where his wife Brittany Murphy collapsed and eventually died five months earlier ... and both bodies were discovered by the same woman.

Coroner: Brittany Murphy Took Simon's Drugs

Law enforcement sources say Brittany's mother, Sharon Murphy, found Monjack unconscious in the master bedroom around 9:30PM, and then called 911.

Monjack was pronounced dead sometime after paramedics arrived ... when resuscitation efforts failed.

Monjack reportedly died from cardiac arrest, though nothing officially has been determined.

The similarities are remarkable. Murphy was found unconscious by her mother Sharon. Sharon found Simon unconscious as well. Murphy was found in the master bathroom. Simon was found in the master bedroom of the same home. Paramedics administered CPR to Simon. Simon administered CPR to Brittany. And they may have both died from cardiac arrest ... five months apart.

A death investigation is underway.

0524_monjack_winters_tmzUPDATE 5:15AM PDT: Law enforcement sources tell us prescription bottles were found in the house (as they were when Brittany died), but there were no illegal drugs. There is no sign of suicide or foul play ... as a result LAPD has closed their investigation. It's all in the coroner's hands now.

Kelly

Hey "lipgloss"....you have no idea whether he was a ******* or not. All you have is the same crap we do....gossip magazines and websites. Lovely of you to assume the worst about someone you never knew tho'.

donna

For God's sake, such tradegy all the way around. May they both R.I.P. Sad.

ANonymus

Wow I recently posted something about this, another death, and that it wouldn't be Lindsay's. Crazy.

whatever

Why was Brittany's mother still living with her son-in-law after 5 months? Doesn't she have her own life to get on with, and now she finds this despondent/drug addict dead in the same house

Move out of that house and on with your life!!

lis

I can't believe some sociopathic comments in this thread. Sad and pathetic.

Kelly

Brittany's mother found him?? um..what?

Truth

SOUNDS LIKE HE KILLED HIMSELF WHEN HIS GOLD DIGGING WAYS FAILED AND THE ESTATE MONEY WENT TO THE MOM. PRETTY MUCH THE STORY... DEVELOPING. HAHA, TRUTH!!

lucidguy

Britney Murphy was an angel. This man lost her at such a young age, and I bet his heart just couldn't take it. If it's suicide, I can't say I blame him.

May he and his wife rest in peace for eternity together.

Anastasia

OMG, her poor Mother :( RIP Simon, will be praying for Sharon for sure. Geesh! I really feel for her....I hope she IS and will be ok :(

simon's a freak

Ha! How about that?! End of story.

JLS

Oh. My. God! I am so shocked! I would bet he just couldn't live without Brittney. I am so sorry for Sharon. To have two dead relatives that have died in that house....I'd get out immediately! Who is going to comfort her now? She literally has nobody. And, she's very ill herself. The house is full of their things and she's alone. SO SAD!

nick

perhaps the detectives should look a bit closer at the mother. remember, she said strange things about her own daughter after she passed, the same daughter who took her in and fed her, put a roof over her head. #5 I agree with you.

Anastasia

OMG, some of these replies are pretty disgusting. Don't some of you people have a heart?

Imagine if this was YOUR family -- would you say the same cruel things?? PLEASE have some respect for the dead -- and if not for the dead, for poor Sharon!

JLS

RIP, Simon. I know you were a terrific husband and son-in-law. I wish you eternal peace with your lady. God Bless you both.

Justin

He most likely committed suicide.