Brittany Murphy's Husband Found Dead

5/24/2010 9:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Simon Monjack, widower of Brittany Murphy, was found dead late Sunday night at his home in the Hollywood Hills -- the same home where his wife Brittany Murphy collapsed and eventually died five months earlier ... and both bodies were discovered by the same woman.

Coroner: Brittany Murphy Took Simon's Drugs

Law enforcement sources say Brittany's mother, Sharon Murphy, found Monjack unconscious in the master bedroom around 9:30PM, and then called 911.

Monjack was pronounced dead sometime after paramedics arrived ... when resuscitation efforts failed.

Monjack reportedly died from cardiac arrest, though nothing officially has been determined.

The similarities are remarkable. Murphy was found unconscious by her mother Sharon. Sharon found Simon unconscious as well. Murphy was found in the master bathroom. Simon was found in the master bedroom of the same home. Paramedics administered CPR to Simon. Simon administered CPR to Brittany. And they may have both died from cardiac arrest ... five months apart.

A death investigation is underway.

0524_monjack_winters_tmzUPDATE 5:15AM PDT: Law enforcement sources tell us prescription bottles were found in the house (as they were when Brittany died), but there were no illegal drugs. There is no sign of suicide or foul play ... as a result LAPD has closed their investigation. It's all in the coroner's hands now.

iknowsit

after all the hell & slander he went thru after his wife's death it's no wonder he'd be depressed enough to commit suicide ..
or did ma' whack him too ?

Rebecca

....Damn Brittanys mom should have waited a little before offing the hubby! Now they will know she killed her own daughter. Check the food people. If you eat at her home check the food....just sayin

Keight

Is it me or does this all seem a little suspicious. There is more too this than meets the eye. If I were a part of that family I would demand to have another autopsy done on Britanny, because this is all tooo suspicious. RIP, you two.

JJJ

Damn... You gotta feel sorry for Brittany's mom. First she loses her daughter, who you can tell she absolutely adored. And then she loses her support system and her shoulder to cry on... I hope she has some close friends that can help her out in this nightmarish time.

I will prey for her.

SammieB

Accidental overdose (yet again). I'm surprised he didn't get more bad press for having all those drugs that Brittany indulged in. This is what happens folks. Drugs are bad. Drugs. Are. Bad.

really surprised?

shocker

dd

#59 you have a point, why check on someone at 9:30 pm I would assume he was sleeping.

James

This sucks. I mean, you guys are all heartless and cold. Who the hell cares how much money he owed ? , no one cares. The guy lost his wife. I've learned about many widowed husbands dying of broken hearts after losing their wives. Either heart-attacks or suicides. Some nice little video called Time In A Bottle- on You Tube- some home-made tribute video about a guy's wife Jenny who died of cancer. Real touching video. Her widowed husband died 4 months later. he wanted to be with her I guess. I mean this happens. Only those 2 knew how special their relationship was. This is heartbreaking and it happens way more often than you think. R.I.P. to Simon and Brittany.

Nancy

Prescription ones

Kate

What? Seriously? This is crazy, and very sad. I wonder what the cause was.

embt

Poor Sharon. Poor poor Sharon. I hope she is able to find peace.

Len Dog

What a Trip!

Duhhh

Not gonna pretend I liked the guy when he was alive because he was just so sleazy after his wife died. But this does not mean I'm celebrating his death, either. Probably the most "ehh, okay" death I've ever encountered.

Jamses

Brittany's mother seems to have the worst luck in the world. Finding bodies around the house can't be good for your sanity.

Britt