Slipknot:

Paul Gray Was

'The Best of Us'

5/25/2010 7:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Members of the band Slipknot just held an emotional news conference about the death of the band's bassist Paul Gray -- calling him "the essence of the band."

Without their trademark masks, the entire band -- along with Paul's wife -- assembled in Iowa to remember Paul as a "really great friend and person."

Paul's death is currently being investigated by officials. So far, cops don't believe there was any foul play involved.

me not you

Slipknot? Never heard of them and I'm sure most people haven't. Hardly worthy of a press conference. You might as well just be covering Corey Feldman's band.

VMF

Slipknot are an awesome band and I know many people who listen to them. Maybe you need to venture out more.

Anastasia

Wow, that was heartbreaking :( RIP, Paul!

MikeP

Never heard of them? Thats very sad for you, but im sure that being said, you would not get them anyway, best stick with your Brittany. One of the most important metal acts in recent times, and as a big fan, it is truly sad indeed. And if nothing else, if you never knew him, He was a very talented guy, who rose to the top of his game, had a family, at at 38 gone too soon, check out some youtube, of the band, and it just is another example of how fragile life is, and we all must appreciate every moment RIP Paul, you rocked!

Camo_Gal

My heart and sincerest condolences goes out to Paul's family, band members and friends. You will never be forgotten and always missed. Horns high in the sky for you Paul \M/ music will not be the same without you. Maggot forever!

Deano

Anyone who has not heard Slipknot should give them a listen. Of course, if you are a Britney fan, you won't understand, or enjoy them, as another commenter stated. RIP, Paul. I hope this doesn't mean the end of Slipknot, but even if it does, I'm a proud member of the maggot army, and always will be.

s

This was heart wrenching one of my favorite bands of all time!!! Paul was expecting his first child and was only 38 years old.
Though I would understand if this is the end of Slipknot, I would hope that with honor they continue in his name and with his memories. I have never known a greater metal band in this era other then Disturbed.
Thank you boys, and Paul's wife for speaking.. though some members were speechless.. we still know you cared!, I'm sorry, stay strong.

Shadow

Maybe it's just me being a freak. There were two orb looking objects that move past the camera. It could be a bug. Then again, could it be the soul of Paul.

Woooo

Never heard of them? Seriously? They won a grammy in 2006 and have three platinum albums. Wow man.

slipknot addicted

my m8's birthday is today and when he found out about this it crushed him. for anyone who hasnt heard of slipknot go to www.listen.grooveshark.com :D search em up and listen. they're ****in brilliant :)
R.I.P Paul gray, i hope your kid grows up knowing who you are. you'll be missed by all.

Adelaine

TMZ you are frickin slacking. You had nothing to say when Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan from Avenged Sevenfold passed away, but you have no problems divulging this information. What kind of source are you??

michal

ya and you most likely listen to lady gaga? Slipknot is a grammy award winning band and was top 18 of bands that toured last year? They are huge in the rock community but your ideal of rock is something of the fact of green day but thats ok because you can go on with your life and get your copy of rolling stone magazine and go watch ur senseless twilight movie...you dink( think before you speak)

DarkW33zil

Ill tell you what Slipknot is... Slipknot is the heart beat of this ****ing generation. And I say **** anyone who oppose that. Paul was a kick ass musician and its a shame to see him go so soon.
I have been a maggot since day 1 and I will die a maggot.

R.I.P Paul you will live on through your music

b

i went to cnn and found out about pauls death, and i have been listening to slipknot for a very long time now. but i know that slipknot will not be the same without paul but who knows what corey will do since he has another band called stone sour. but paul will be very missed by everyone who are fans of slipknots i just wish i could have seen them live but i never got the chance to.

s

i did not see any orbs.. what part in the video are u talking about??

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments