« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

UFC's Pitbull Alves

Doctor Says

I'm Clear to Fight

5/26/2010 4:17 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

UFC hurt-machine Thiago "Pitbull" Alves underwent some intense medical tests yesterday -- and they went so well, he got the green light from his doctor to get back in the Octagon ... just 2 months after brain surgery.

UFC's Pitbull Alves
Sources close to Alves tell TMZ Pitbull had an angiogram yesterday morning -- a post-operation procedure that took several hours -- but the results were good.

We're told Alves' doctor is currently sending a letter to the New Jersey Boxing Commission declaring him physically fit to fight. Alves has told us in the past that he wants to get back in the ring ASAP.

The whole thing is truly amazing, considering Alves went under the knife in March, so doctors could perform a procedure that would prevent bleeding in his brain.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

RobG

Jeez....boxers are as stupid as football players.

FACT1

NEW JERSEY BOXING COMMISSION?
THIS CRAP IS NOTHING MORE THAN WWE WRESTLING..
DOC, HIT ME WITH SOME MORE STEROIDS, ah-duhh, I HAVE TO GET BACK INTO THE RING. LMAO
NEW JERSEY BOXING COMMISSION,LMAO

At

I agree for the most part it is boring. They should not allow the rolling round doing submission holds. It should be punching, kicking, kneeing and elbowing only and they should be split up when they hold.

Professor Obvious

Having that piss bottle front and center in the shot is a nice touch....

SUN

Really?... a grren light to go back and potentially get hit in the head when your brain was bleeding?? Better think again, because I can guarantee you nopne of those doctors will be at your bedside when you are imobile in a nursing home.

lhartwell

I will NEVER understand the appeal of this so called sport.
I don't understand the whole baeting the living sh it out of each other.

To prove what? Oh, I'm so tough, look my blood is red, oh now I have a hole in my head, and oh now I fat lip, of and perhaps a brain injury...

but...you looked so tough up there. Stupid, just stupid. These guys are like the king of the dorks or were picked on when they were little and can't get passed it.

Women, REAL women, do not like tough guys. Get a clue.

owigs

Lace Front Wigs are the newest hair trend.http://www.rpgshow.com Worn by celebrities such as Tyra Banks, Kim Kardashian, Beyonce Knowles and others, lace front wigs are becoming very popular and can be very expensive. Because lace front wigs are made with remy hair, this causes the wig to be pricey and not cheap. http://www.rpgshow.com/lace-wigs-c-9.html

Oh

yay! i'm just glad that Thiago's alright. Been wondering about him ever since they mentioned the whole brain bleeding thing.

bear