Jesse James' Stepmom -- Abuse Claim is 'Crap'

5/26/2010 1:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jesse James' former stepmom claims Jesse's allegation that his dad broke his arm when he was 7 years old "is a bunch of crap."

Janina James Coan, who was involved with Jesse's dad since Jesse was 6, tells TMZ she was "appalled" by what Jesse said about Larry James during the "Nightline" interview.

Coan -- who married Larry when Jesse was in high school but eventually divorced -- tells us Jesse had a variety of injuries -- including broken bones -- as a kid, because he was into motocross.   But she scoffs at the notion that Jesse was abused.

Coan says, "Larry was the most caring father, the kindest father who would do anything for anybody.  He loved Jesse to death and would brag about him all the time."

Coan does say, however, that Jesse and his dad don't get along.  The tension started, she claims, when Jesse was 16.  She claims Jesse's dad found out his son and a friend allegedly robbed a Fotomat and called the cops on him.  Coan says Jesse ended up in juvenile hall and was very upset that his dad turned him in.

MJFAN

obviously he cant excuse what he did cuz he was abused....people need to learn how to break the cycle and be a role model to their children...
do these men like JJ and TW that this will effect their children...i think JJ realizes now then TW....

Grump

If this S*** Bag can lie and say that about his father, what can you expect out of this jerks mouth? He is a total waste life. Grown old ass man acting like a teen. This guy is truly disgusting, trying to get out of one lie with another at his fathers' (reputations) expense.

Jesse James Hater

More lies from the NAZI what a surprise.

Truth

STEPMOM SOUNDS TOTALLY PLAUSIBLE. SHE DOESNT OWE ANYTHING TO HIS DAD BUT CAME OUT AND TOLD THE TRUTH. JESSE JAMES IS A LYING NAZI SOB. THE VICTIM DEFENSE IS EXACTLY RIGHT. EVERYONE IS TOO BLAME BUT ME. BOO HOO!! EPIC FAIL, NEXT.

pattiespups

he needs to STOP RUNNING HIS BIG ASS MOUTH, he's not a man he's a jerk 100% . he should have NEVER said one word to the reporters.

jdubu2

what a sad bunch of people.

carolynn

ah, here we go... the wonderful blame game. when all else fails, blame mom and dad, the teacher, the weird uncle or the neighbour's dog "sam". there comes a time in one's life that you must take resposibility for your actions and the consequences that come with really stupid decisions.

who's really to blame?
jesse and his di*k or his lack of control over it. he is a selfish, wants what he wants, man-pig. its that simple.

what a moron!

MJFAN

22. Wow, how many of you morons would hold up under such scrutiny? none of you are in the public, none of you have had your mistakes played out in front of millions..none of you know him, but you all are quick to judge. "man up"? I think that is what he did when he said he cheated and that it was wrong. clearly none of you watched the interview, clearly all of you need a lesson in humanity.
what a sad bunch of people.
Posted at 9:48 AM on May 26, 2010 by jdubu2

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2010/05/26/jesse-james-step-mom-abuse-father-dad-broken-arm/2/#comments#ixzz0p3TaZRXD

I agree...people act like they never done anything to hurt there family or whoever...we will never know since we cant get in his head..but i do think he was owning up to his mistakes and hopefully he doesnt repeat them again...we are all human and make mistakes like u said...Unless ur God, dont judge!

steve

didn't believe him anyway. He must really think he is that smart and that we are really dumb. Its funny how all this stuff comes out when we need a reason to explain who we are. Maybe i should get in line for a piece of bombshell and that magic pus cee could explain my life to me

Jewels

Why is everyone saying he needs to man up and tell the truth? he has said, many times, that HE is the only one to blame, HE had an amazing life that HE threw away by his own hands, HE is the one to cause Sandra and his kids pain and shame. Only Jesse and his father know what really happened, the rest of us have no business saying that either one of them is lying.

Celebrities Suck

he's trying to make it look like he's the victim here. If he was abused that does that have to do with him fkcing ho's and takin pics with showing his nazi support? Please who is he kidding, you people might believe his lies but not me. Sandra is an idiot if she takes him back...

Celebrities Suck

please he's only crying because his true colors came out when the nazi picture came out, and his ho's talked just like tiger woods

and it's Bull Sh@#T these celebrities go to rehab for everything... Oh I have a sexual addiction so I cheat on my wife with ho's yeah fcking right....

Taylee

OK Let me say that abuse is a serious allegation, and we shouldn't be so quick to call Jesse a liar.
I was abused by my father, sometimes we got along great, and other times we didn't. It depended on what mood he was in. So for this stepmom to see the two of them getting along doesn't mean anything. My Dad and I went years without a fight and then one day something pissed him off and beat me in the driveway of my house at age 17 in front of all the neighbors. People involved in my life during those years wouldn't have known he was capable of that. I didn't talk much about the years prior when he was so abusive because I thought that part of his life was over, and frankly I was just happy to be loved again by my father. So I don't think that means anything unless she was present during the entire childhood and even then I would question her opinion. My mother still to this day claims we weren't beat on, that we just were bad kids... OK bad kids deserve to have clumps of their hair pulled out, punched in the face, kicked in the stomach, and drug across the rocks in the driveway?? In my mother's eyes she claims "he was just a different person then and we pushed his buttons!"
So please don't judge Jesse so quickly! My troubled childhood had a major affect with how I am today, and the problems I have. Does that excuse him, NO and I don't think he is saying that. I don't think this shows him making excuses, just telling how he messed up, and the problems he had to face, and deal with as a result of all of this mess he caused.
We shouldn't judge him...because our past hasn't been spotless has it?

annette

Well that didn't take long...Jesse's in pain and look who shows up. Jesse's dad is a pos and this lady wow how much will she be getting paid for this bit of information. As far as the fotomat info. already been said..old news. Ok, bravo your 15 min. of fame is...up. Jesse's dad has NO credability so save it.

JLS

I don't believe her! She obviously wasn't present all the time and could not speak to the issue of whether or not he abused Jesse. It could be her ex explained away the injuries he caused by Jesse's activities.