Heidi Montag Calls It Quits with Spencer Pratt

5/29/2010 9:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Heidi Montag has separated from husband Spencer Pratt, TMZ has learned.

0910_media_removed_Spencer_Pratt
Heidi's rep tells TMZ, "Heidi is looking to move out due to all the fake bad press that Spencer controls.  She's tired of it and is looking for a place and wants to focus on her acting career."

We're told Heidi -- pictured above with Spencer in Malibu last Friday -- is looking for a new place to live ... in Malibu.

As TMZ first reported, Heidi and Spencer called the police on Heidi's mom a few weeks back ...  so there's been plenty of turmoil.

A source close to Heidi and Spencer tells TMZ the tension in the relationship has been building for a while now ... "It wasn't just a sudden thing."

Now it makes sense ... On Tuesday, Heidi tweeted, "I am not Heidi Pratt, I am Heidi Montag."

UPDATE: Spencer's sister, Stephanie Pratt, tells TMZ, "I hope whether this statement is true or not that they are both happy in whatever life decisions they make."

chickenrex

OH MY G************D!!! (weeping, tearing clothing) How...how could this have HAPPENED??? Their love was so PURE and REAL and TRUE!!! I'm dreaming! I'll wake up any moment, and he'll still be happily smooching her Lucite face.

lou

Thank god!!! Now I hope she mends her rift with her family, being free of Spenser's over-controlling ways.

VickiC

I wish I could believe that this is true, and not just another one of Spencer's schemes to grab attention. It just seems a little weird that a couple of days ago, Heidi was saying that she had no friends, Spencer was the only person she could trust, and everyone else was telling lies about her - and now all of a sudden, HE'S the one responsible for the bad press. Guess only time will tell how legit this is.

olddrunk

My dogs start barking and breaking wind when they see these two.
I can barely breathe, TMZ.
Take down these pics!
I can't breathe...

just me

WOW big flipping surprise!! What did he think he can control her forever! Good move Heidi now just stop getting plastic surgery and all will be good!

Amy

I don't know much about these two, except what I saw when I watched a couple episodes of I'm a celebrity... Spencer made quite the impression of a ****y ass, that has NO reason to be ****y. He's certainly not good looking!

AxlRose♥AceFrehley

another attempt to get on tv
was there a camera near by??
Blah Blah Blah fake fake fake
Who cares about these losers!!! I hate them!
I love TMZ!!

bka62223

Serious question / request.... I don't have a clue as to where either of these two gsined their fame. Has either done anything that is actually noteworthy??? PLEASE... someone answer me. I will check back, cause I really don't know!!!

Other than that, why would she want to leave such a well-groomed / well-dressed, intelligent man???

Okay... so I'm just joking on that one.... but not on the first....

bumpasses

MOre publicity..Thier playing all of you for fools.

BobNYC

OMG - Lookout all Gays - Spencer is on the loose!! He'll be wanting you to "help" him come out. AAAAGGGGGHHHHH!

Jen

LOL at there being so many people who actually believe this BS. The only way Heidi will ever get away from Spencer will be when he finally goes completely over board and off's her.

TXLady

Does this really surprise anyone? They are both a few bricks shy of a load and will eventually fade into obscurity. Neither of them have any talent and I suspect Heidi is destined for a stripper pole in some second rate establishment. The longer the media continues to report on their escapades the longer we have to endure them, so hopefully this circus will leave town soon and we can focus on people who actually MATTER!

Yep I said that

Every time they are out of the media sight for a couple of days they come up with some stupid stunt to get attention, they are both never were little b*itches, as fro acting LOL the only acting she does is act the fool just like the wanker she lives with

Linda

does anybody really care anymore. The only attention they get anymore is from all of us who want the attention they get to STOP. They wrote a book on how to become a celebrity!!! Did it work???!!!

Linda

does anybody really care anymore....haven't we had enough of these wannabe celebrities as they call themselves?????