Heidi Montag Calls It Quits with Spencer Pratt

5/29/2010 9:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Heidi Montag has separated from husband Spencer Pratt, TMZ has learned.

0910_media_removed_Spencer_Pratt
Heidi's rep tells TMZ, "Heidi is looking to move out due to all the fake bad press that Spencer controls.  She's tired of it and is looking for a place and wants to focus on her acting career."

We're told Heidi -- pictured above with Spencer in Malibu last Friday -- is looking for a new place to live ... in Malibu.

As TMZ first reported, Heidi and Spencer called the police on Heidi's mom a few weeks back ...  so there's been plenty of turmoil.

A source close to Heidi and Spencer tells TMZ the tension in the relationship has been building for a while now ... "It wasn't just a sudden thing."

Now it makes sense ... On Tuesday, Heidi tweeted, "I am not Heidi Pratt, I am Heidi Montag."

UPDATE: Spencer's sister, Stephanie Pratt, tells TMZ, "I hope whether this statement is true or not that they are both happy in whatever life decisions they make."

iknowsit

#68 right on the money!

snoop1

I hope this true!!!!! She was starting to get on my nerves the way Jessica Simpson did after however many seasons of her reality show. You can only take so much dumb before you just turn the television off. Please do NOT give this girl a reality show!!! I wish her well in acting or whatever but there will have to be papers filed and signed before I give her the benefit of the doubt that she has wisened up.
I do think she's a nice girl gone wrong, (thanks to Spencer), but she's got a lot of redeming to do and a reality show is not where ppl need to see you right now. As for Spencer, he's crazy. Don't be shocked ppl if he ends up killing her and then himself. He's nothing w/o her and has already burnt all his bridges. NOBODY going to want to befriend, much less date him!!!

iknowsit

#68 right on the money!

Ben

She'll be knocked up by some rapper withing the year...

discod

im sure a lot of hollywood bozos are going to bang her hard now for giving her bit parts.....then some nba dude will start banging her and then she is done for good...

Nico

She should just buy a big ball made of plastic to live with. That's what she is with some eyes and she's about as bright as one

lynz27

Everyone will hate me for my comments, but I hope Heidi & Spencer can mature and eventually work things out- Been married 33 years, and sometimes, stayed connected ONLY by a thin thread. Divorce has never been an option unless their was unfaithfulness or abuse.
We had to work it out or live unhapilly forever. I believe they both love each other deeply, but fame, money, sucess, poor judgment, ect. has driven them both over the edge.

If they could go away from the PRESS & PUBLIC and get back to the basics, loving each other, why they began a relationship, Some form of spiritual core values (which I believe happened during the start of their marriage).

I cannot judge other, BECAUSE when looking into a mirror, their is so much to resolve in myself.I am afraid, they do not have a chance, going separate ways, and years later will look back with regret.They will drift from one to another, to another, and another, sucess will eventually fade and all you have left is being alone. I hope they catch a break, away from everyone, BUT ONLY they can make it happen by fighting for it with the help of a good Psychotherapist, not Therapist or Psychologist, a good well trained Psychotherapist. It may take a long time, but worth making the effort to work through deeply rooted areas of need. If not, they will continue to face the same issues, over and over again. I am hoping for the best in their lives, Lynz27

monal

i can't wait to read their obituaries. Please soon.... hurry... die... die you crazy fu*k%e$

C. Fox

Which is weirder?

Heidi's tits or Spencer's crazy medicine man pouch?

SERIOUSLY !!!!!

Love the fact that in the picture of him (Heidi's eating ice cream) the creep (Spencer) can't even button his shirt!! ;-D

PepperAnn

I wonder what Lauren's reaction was when she heard of this?!?

The Love Sponge

I hope he finally got a chance to feel those new boobs. Well anyway she looks like a Bee stung her.

Mishelle

Great now the irritating attentionwhore couple is going to split into 2 irritating attentionwhore.

fred

who?

wisteria

why are these idiots famous? PLEASE make them go away!