'Survivor' Fan Favorite -- Immunity in Battery Case

5/31/2010 4:25 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0528_russel_hantz_EX_getty"Survivor" fan favorite Russell Hantz -- who just won $100k on the show -- just scored a major legal victory ... he's officially off the hook for allegedly attacking someone at a street festival last month.

TMZ has learned the District Attorney in Lafayette, LA has decided not to file criminal charges against the reality star -- and we're told the decision was made at "the victim's request."

As TMZ first reported, Hantz was thrown in jail for allegedly shoving" someone to the floor at the festival.

Cartman

The stupidest Survivor player ever. Absolutely no common sense or people skills.

rex kramer

These last 2 survivors were great until the end. It was like watching two great teams battle it out and at the end they give the prize to the cleaning lady.

Missy

All of us ladies love Russell. He was great with his comments and perception of others. Loved him! Come back!

memyself

Mean little troll.

Darlene

Should throw him in jail!!! Cant stand that JERK!!!!

Aredhel

Go Russell!!!!!!!!!!!! This guy is probably one of the best survivor players ever. Plays people like a fiddle.

lawntamersinc

He reminds me of a leprechaun. Hope I spelled that right. He was no worse than Johnny Fairplay who told everyone his grandmother died.

susan

Personally I dont like you Russell..and I think you need to learn some people skills and manners...but you played one hell of a game!
You played the game and thats what its all about.

123

Someday, when his daughters are older, they are going to be so ashamed of him

CF

The troll just wants publicity for a dive bar he owns. The fight was as fake as the troll.
The troll doesn't know how to play Survivor to win. He is toxic to the social part of Survivor.

memyself

#5 Missy...speak for yourself. "All us ladies" must love to be with abusive, mean, sneaky trollish men.

Debbie

Of course she didn't want to go further with the charges....He just won 100k. He is a male chauvanistic ass with 0 people skills, an ungracious loser, an uneducated jerk. I honestly don't understand how anyone, let alone a woman, can think he is okay. The guy is nuts.

Puffy

The first time I saw Russell on Survivor, I thought he was ripped off and should have won. The second time he played and didn't bother changing how he plays by trying to intimidate, I realized he really ISN'T the best player out there. The best player would have made adjustments and won. He was so hated by his team mates both times he played, you really have to wonder what we didn't get to see. I think he's just a narcissistic bully. I'm glad he didn't win and leave people with the impression that that's what it takes to succeed in this world.

Dave

There was no 'victim'. She was part of his group partying. God you sheeple are losers.

Linda

I agree with #14! What an ass!! I hated watching him on both shows! #12 you said he owns a "dive bar"? I thought he owned an Oil company and had millions!! If that is the case then fix the teeth! What a Loser!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments