« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Former NASCAR Driver Arrested for Attempted Rape

5/31/2010 12:48 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0531_jimmy_neal_ex_01Former NASCAR driver Jimmy Neal got out of jail early this morning -- and now he's headed right back ... after he was arrested hours later for attempted rape.

Law enforcement sources tell TMZ Neal got out of jail at around 1:30 AM -- after serving about two weeks for felony evading while driving recklessly. We're told Neal then went to the home of a woman in Lake Forest, CA at around 3:00 AM and police were called three hours later for a disturbance.

When police arrived, we're told the woman (who claims she had only met Neal once before) told officers Neal attempted to rape her.

Law enforcement sources tell us Neal was transported to a local hospital rather than jail because he complained of chest pains.

When he is medically cleared, he will be booked for attempted rape and false imprisonment.

Neal was a NASCAR driver in the 1980s -- he never won a national race.

UPDATE: Neal was booked into custody and a burglary charge was added. Bail has been set for $1,000,000.

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

GO BLUE

I wonder if the alleged victim is 14 with no teeth...that would seem to be the perfect type of a NASCAR person.

Ooh by the way...I've been been to the Daytona 500 twice for business. Trust me, they're all hicks. This bull**** about it becoming a sport of yuppies is such b.s.

what He said

oh come one, now...can't an old guy that's let out of jail in the weeeeeeeeeeee hours of the morning get a little action?!

Why did this stupid bitch open the door, did she think it was Avon calling, or the blind selling homemade goods.

Guest

Another rapist! I hope not! If so, that is a shame! That is terrible!

Christy Martin

Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but it's obvious that those who are shooting it down don't have enough knowledge about it to make that type of judgment.

*Most interesting is that those who talk down to Nascar fans hide behind fake names. If you mean what you say and are proud of it, put your real name. Otherwise, which is worse, being a "hillbilly redneck" or a coward?

Christy Martin

*Most interesting is that those who talk down to Nascar fans hide behind fake names. If you mean what you say and are proud of it, put your real name. Otherwise, which is worse, being a "hillbilly redneck" or a *****?

Lewy

"Bail has been set for $1,000,000." Neal was heard to ask of the judge, "You take a check, boss?"

tyler

A million dollars bail is outrageous. I've never even heard of a rape charge getting a million dollars bail. This is attempted rape. Looking at the guys picture he definitly doesn't look like a rapist. Their are a lot of psycho women in the world today and I think he came across one.

diphshitz

sounds like the usual bunch of ******* who couldn't or wouldn't have the balls to drive 200+mph.How many black stars is there in hockey ? How many black stars in nascar? what i thought.Keep to the rapping and running on fields only 2 things your good at

Darvon

Weird Man !!!

electriczipper

Well if he has never won a race that puts him in the same catagory as Dale Earnhart Jr.Would love to see a picture of the beast he attempted to rape.

Professor Obvious

^^^ Why does TMZ allow free advertising? The paid advertisers must really resent this.

Firefly

Really TMZ, you need to stop letting these guys get away with free advertising. I said something about this once before and you took care of it, but now they're back. I know if I was a paid advertiser I would resent what they are doing and be pissed as hell at you TMZ for letting it happen. In fact I would pull my ad. I don't read that s**t anyway, I just scroll past.

Roadracer

Nascar is far more a Sport than African Tree Hockey (BASKETBALL) that mostly is stocked with future felons from subsidized collages that let them play because they fix their grades to allow them to graduate.And that most of the world does not watch!

JOHN

HE IS STAYING AT THE CASABLANCA IN SAN CLEMENTE I SAW HE LOOKS LIKE HES ON DRUGS

joeblow

If I sang karaoke and got busted for a crime would the headline read Singer Busted? He was a weekend regional driver

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2