Hurley from 'LOST' --

My Dog

'Died in My Arms'

6/1/2010 6:16 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Jorge Garcia -- who played Hurley on "Lost" -- claims the island has taken another life ... and this time it's his precious chihuahua Nunu.

Garcia took to his blog yesterday, saying his dog Nunu had been run over by a car on Sunday -- right before he left for the airport on the island of Oahu ... where they filmed a bunch of stuff for "Lost."

"She died in my arms," Garcia explained ... adding, "We are burying her in the Pet Garden at Valley of the Temples in Kaneohe. Nunu hated the water so we couldn't bring ourselves to having her ashes scattered in the ocean."

R.I.P.

BEK

YOU ARE A PIECE OF SH*T..WHY WERE YOU LETTING YOUR DOG RUN AROUND WITHOUT WATCHING HIM OR HAVING HIM ON A LEASH..YOU SUCK....TOO BAD THE DOG DID NOT BITE YOU AS IT WAS DYING..POOR DOG..YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED..THERE ARE NO TEARS FOR YOU..YOU LET IT HAPPEN.

Barbi

I understand accidents happen , but why was this dog not on a leash or in a kennel under supervision?

cheeky1

my deepest condolenses dear Hurley. Life is too short to live without those little ones that provide such joy and unconditional love. I'm glad you were there with him in the end.

Trish

@1 Great post. I have 5 dogs and when they are out for walks or rides, they are on a leash. No pity for an irresponsible dog owner.

cheeky1

wow BEK, scary person you. I hope you can find some compassion and delete your comment. How cruel.

Will the Thrill

Island of Kailua? When did that one sprout up? Next time get out an atlas before posting these stories?

JLS

I watch my tiny dogs with an eagle eye. Always protected! I am sorry for his loss but I agree, why was Nunu loose? RIP sweet doll. I love you.

Brian

That's sad...

Bob Loblaw

I don't think any of you know the cir***stances of this, so stick your self-righteous preaching in your gaping, cavernous butts. From what I've seen in the past this dog was well-cared for, but stuff happens. My dogs are leashed whenever they leave the yard, but they also love to find ways of getting loose. It sounds like they were literally packing the car (and the dog) to leave for the airport and she took off into the street. Hell, she may have even BEEN leashed for all you know, and it just slipped out of their control. Accidents happen, and it doesn't make them irresponsible.

I never thought TMZ commenters could be even s***mier than Youtube's, but congratulations, BEK.

c

Kailua is a town on the windward coast of Oahu (just moved from there). Not an island.

And I hate this, but again, will never understand why you wouldn't have your dog on a leash if there was the slightest possibility of a moving car being nearby.

Anthony

Sucks that the dog got hit by a car, I hate when that happens. I hope he wasn't being careless. It may not even be him who was holding onto the dog before it got hit.

OMG!

So sad. RIP Nunu.

lisa m

soooo sad poor little doggie,,,hope he did not suffer....rip

YOU LOSERS

Sorry your dog died, but this is why you leash them when you are outside no matter how "trained" they are to stay on the sidewalk.

It's your own fault. Maybe you'll learn from this that dogs aren't toys.

Rose's Thorn

@#1 and many others claiming that "Hurley" is a bad dog owner. Dogs are animals, and just like any other animal in this world, trained or not, there is going to be a incidence when they don't listen or they get away from our gasp. My dog, which is a pure bred Shiba Inu, is known for squeezing between our legs and dashing for the street when we open the front door. We do not know why, but this is common for some Shiba owners as well. Dogs jump fences, squeeze through holes under fences, they do all sorts of bratty little things that even the best dog owner in the world cannot control.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments