Betty White:

Rue's Death 'Hurts'

6/3/2010 12:34 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

0603_betty_white_BN_TMZ_01Betty White has released a statement on the death of her close friend and "Golden Girls" co-star Rue McClanahan.

White states, "Rue was a close and dear friend.  I treasured our relationship.  It hurts more than I even thought it would, if that's even possible."

Rue died this morning at the age of 76 after suffering a massive stroke.

DaTruth

Betty, you're the last one!

kadengirl

Rue was the best. Rest in peace honey.

Abe

What REALLY hurts is being the only one in your age group who's still alive.

future_queen_of_sweden

R.I.P Rue. I loved you on the Golden Girls. You were my favorite.

dd

Stay strong Betty.

LAWRENCE

Wow, Betty will do anything to stay in the spotlight.

Anon

I am so saddened and shocked by this news, especially since Rue was the youngest of the bunch. I just figured she would be around longer than the rest of the girls. I was lucky enough to get an autographed picture of Betty not that long ago, but the letter I had sent to Rue was returned as her address had changed. I now really regret not having found her correct address, as our lovely Blanche is now gone forever. The Golden Girls are a daily part of our lives, we watch them every night before going to sleep, as they are comforting to watch and really put a nice end to the day. My condolences to Rue's family & friend's, and please know how very much loved this woman was. I feel like I have lost a member of my family today, and indeed I have. I love you Rue, wherever you are Pea****. =(

Bella

Rue, a smile frozen in time... Lawrence you moran, have some respect!!

GOPIE

MY FAMILY AND I WATCHED THE GOLDEN GIRLS UMTEEN TIMES - BLANCE ALWAYS ADD THE SPICE TO IT.
THOSE FOUR LADIES WERE A HECK OF A COMBINATON TO BEAT
WE WILL SURELY MISSS HER--MY CONDOLENCES TO BETTY AND RUE FAMILY
KEEP THE FAITH BETTY--THANK YOU FOR BEING A FRIEND--OURS PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU-

CrisDizzle

This is the summer of death for TV/Film Stars... Gary Coleman, Dennis Hopper, now Rue... who's next!

Anon

I am so saddened and shocked by this news, especially since Rue was the youngest of the bunch. I just figured she would be around longer than the rest of the girls. I was lucky enough to get an autographed picture of Betty not that long ago, but the letter I had sent to Rue was returned as her address had changed. I now really regret not having found her correct address, as our lovely Blanche is now gone forever. The Golden Girls are a daily part of our lives, we watch them every night before going to sleep, as they are comforting to watch and really put a nice end to the day. My condolences to Rue's family & friend's, and please know how very much loved this woman was. I feel like I have lost a member of my family today, and indeed I have. I love you Rue, wherever you are Water Lily. =(

Tiffany

:( im so sad to here that my favorite is betty but i liked rue 2 its just sad i rember all the good times watching that show with my grandma b4 she passed away but there all in a golden place now. So rue say hi 2 my grandma 4 me :) much love & respect ur fan always...

Tiffany

betty stay strong i love u 2 ur the last 1 left!!!

CloBird

Rest in peace,Rue McClanahan....
Now Betty is the last of the Golden Girls.This is such sad news.We've lost so many stars in recent years.

Milagros

Betty does not need to say anything or do anything to say in the spotlight. She is in a light all her own, it is sad to hear the news about her friend and co-star. Betty you are great, all my blessings.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments