Joe Jackson Blames Katherine for Michael's Death

6/13/2010 11:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

It's pretty shocking ... Joe Jackson is blaming the inaction of his wife, Katherine, for Michael Jackson's demise ... allegedly because Katherine didn't want to penetrate MJ's zone of privacy.

061110_joe_jackson_video_2
Joe sat down with News of the World to explain his theory, that he was concerned that Michael was "looking kinda funny and and frail" and asked Katherine to see Michael to "keep him cheered up."  But Joe says Katherine refused because she didn't want to invade his privacy.

Joe says he and Katherine argued about it before Michael's death, but Katherine was firm.

Joe says after Michael died, he said to Katherine, "I said this would have never happened if you had went and been with him."

Joe -- who was intentionally cut out of Michael's will -- is fighting to get an allowance from the estate.  And get this -- we're told Katherine has been giving Joe money and going along with his efforts to earn a living off MJ.

Karolina

Dear Michael,

I know You are ALIVE and I love you so much. Please come back to us soon.

Mr Joe Jackson- I think You are a good person in your heart and things that you are talking about are just not true :)

Mrs Katherine I love you and your SON Mike so much :*

Karolina

CubanB

A little too late Joe. Maybe if you had been a little tougher on him as a kid he wouldn't have turned into such a weirdo.

MiMi

The ****tering accusation emerged when the couple came face-to-face as Michael lay on a mortuary table.

"Katherine was weeping uncontrollably and highly upset. But I didn't give her a hug because I was MAD at her crying," snaps Joe, 80, who says he had spent months urging her to get the singer into rehab for his prescription drugs addiction.

"I said, 'If you had listened to me Michael would be living now!' I kept thinking about the times I had stood in front of her saying something was wrong.

"I couldn't bottle up my feelings. Katherine didn't say a word - I had to get away from her. If she'd done what I asked, Michael would be here today. I am incensed with her. She could have made a difference."

The entire News Of The World interview may be read here:

adri

leave Joe alone! Dont take everything out of context-- I see both sides of that argument - Joe and Katherines! I have heard Joe express his concerns since Michaels death regarding his inability to be allowed to visit with Michael as he was turned away countless times at the gates! Was it Michael or did Michael even know??
I can also see Katherines point of view - Michael was a 50 year old man and father! Not your teenage idol! And Michael many many times expressed his want for privacy-- so I see her point.
What they do not need is to be judged for what should have been - what could have been -- by Michael's fans!
Michael's fans should be the family's greatest ally against the hijacking of Michael's estate --
Dont read into or take everything out of context - leave the guy alone - we are not to judge a father's love - everyone deals with grief and loss and regret differently -- just stop it...learn from Michael's death- its not up to you what Joe or Katherine do, say or regret - its over.

jo

First, I think the only reason he makes these public statements is to get attention...and headlines. Second, Michael Jackson was a grown, adult man, albeit with obvious addictions and issues, an adult nonetheless. Katherine was limited in what she could do accept what she reportedly did, which was love and support her son as best she could and is now having to deal with the fall out from his death including this man's selfish behavior.

justsaying

Jacko killed Jacko.
He is to blame for his own death he was 50 years old he was not a young kid.
GET OVER IT.

Ginger

What a disgusting man. Why does anyone care what he thinks! I agree with above poster, stop giving him a platform to say stupid things.

Andrew

OMG.... This man is disgusting.

He was angry because Michael didnt leave him any money. Now he is angry becaus Katherine is not going to give him anything either.

I wish he had died instead of Michael.

Arwen

"News of the world" such a "reliable" source ... Next, I suppose, will be photos from the "National Photo Group" ... Come on, Ben

Gypsi

Wow... Just when you think the guy can't get any lower... This man is the root of any and all problems the Jacksons had/have. What an ignorant POS!!

Speechless

It is a typical behavior to blame others. Several people knew many years ago about Michael's drug abuse but not until after his death that they start to talk about it. And It's to late now..He's gone..

gypsylatinafla/commentssense

U COULDA BEEN THERE 4 HIM 2 *SSHOLE !!!! by - guts !!

Farley

Joe Jackson lived his life and raised his family as he saw fit. When those that were under his thumb and 'care' were able to grow and have a voice, did they sing his praises? Have the surrounded their father/husband to lift him up for all he has done for them? Are they simply ungrateful and spoiled adults?

You get what you give. Not always, but the return would rarely be this skewed if Joe Jackson had loved his family as he should have. He is exactly were he deserves to be. And his forcing his family to give him more than they think he deserves, is just another example of this man's character.

This is none of our business. But it's still obnoxious to see happening.

Kiki

The only thing what she did wrong, was to did all what Joe said. With the beginning at the time from the victory-Tour, the Pepsi-Spots and many more. Everytime when MJ didn*t wanna do anytihing with his family, said Joe to Kathrine that she had to spoke with MJ, that he changed his mine and everytime it was wrong for Michael. He was only good enought for his family to got money, not more.
I can understand MJ, that he didn't wanted contact to his family, everytime he had to thought that they would made money with him. It is so sad, that a family only wants the contact to a familymember when they want anything from him.
Maybe Michael didn't spoke with his parents, because he thougth they would ask him, whether they wants that his brothers comes with him on stage on the O2-Arena.

Sorry for my english, but i hope you understand what i mean.

Andrew

I cant believe that there are some people who believe Joe was ever concerned about Michael Jackson. Joe hated Michael Jackson, and Michael Jacskon could not stand his father, otherwise he would not let him out of the will. The only thing that matters to Joe Jackson is Joe Jackson himself. I just wish Katherine be smart enought to leave Michael's kids away from this man.