Joe Jackson Blames Katherine for Michael's Death

6/13/2010 11:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

It's pretty shocking ... Joe Jackson is blaming the inaction of his wife, Katherine, for Michael Jackson's demise ... allegedly because Katherine didn't want to penetrate MJ's zone of privacy.

061110_joe_jackson_video_2
Joe sat down with News of the World to explain his theory, that he was concerned that Michael was "looking kinda funny and and frail" and asked Katherine to see Michael to "keep him cheered up."  But Joe says Katherine refused because she didn't want to invade his privacy.

Joe says he and Katherine argued about it before Michael's death, but Katherine was firm.

Joe says after Michael died, he said to Katherine, "I said this would have never happened if you had went and been with him."

Joe -- who was intentionally cut out of Michael's will -- is fighting to get an allowance from the estate.  And get this -- we're told Katherine has been giving Joe money and going along with his efforts to earn a living off MJ.

janalal4

58. Oh boy! I must say that I can sort of see BOTH sides of this but still feel Joe would have been better off keeping his mouth shut.
***********************************************
LOL janalal. Joe does not know how to keep his mouth shut. He is physically incapable of the act. ;) Over the years, this disability has been both his greatest asset and his biggest flaw. I must admit, I do look forward to seeing how Joe's big mouth might generate some misery and inconvenience for people like Dr. Murray, Arnie Klein, AEG, Frank DiLeo, etc.

Posted at 8:47 AM on Jun 13, 2010 by Cathy

LOL! As to it being his "greatest flaw/asset", I couldn't agree MORE! Hi Cathy, nice to see you here on the board. I do enjoy reading what you have to say. Your posts are always very intelligent & insightful. I always learn something new when I'm reading them here on the board:) That's one of the biggest reasons I come here to the TMZ board, NOT for TMZ's articles because IMO they usually are so slanted AGAINST MJ & it seems they just 'live' to portray him in such a negative light, but rather I come for the comaraderie & I'm always looking for new info about Michael that I didn't know before. I just LOVE hearing something new that I didn't know about him before. That is why I would so much love to see some sort of tv special where MJ's family, friends, & fellow artists who have collaborated with him on past projects' see them all sit down together for a 'remembrance special' on little nuances about MJ. Things like little private moments between he & say, Janet; things that went on 'behind the scenes' on music videos, tv specials(like the Motown Jax reunion from 2001), stories that the now-grown boys & girls who slept over at Neverland have to tell about moments they shared, things they did, etc. These are the things I enjoy hearing about. Things Ola, Tatiana, Tatum( the boy/girl stuff), MacCauley, Slash, John Landis, Scorcese, etc have to say about their time on the video shoots together. I saw a VERY moving little interview clip that Landis gave quite a long time ago. I'm telling you by the time I was finished watching that clip I was in tears. Landis actually broke down & almost couldn't go on while he was talking & 'remembering' what it was like shooting Thriller. These things are just TREASURES to me.

I've always felt that if MJ had been a bit more forthcoming with these 'inside' moments then perhaps they wouldn't have become such a source of 'scandal' but I know that, even as I type these words, I think MJ felt probably like A) just 'why should he' divulge this private info, that he felt like he didn't have ENOUGH PRIVACY as it was so why should he give EVEN MORE AWAY?! & B)had he given the media MORE info, then they would have only misinterpreted him as they ALWAYS DID! GD media!! I just don't understand why they felt it so NECESSARY to 'hurt' & attempt to 'bring him down' the way they did. The only 1 conclusion(because I believe there were actually MANY reasons) I can come to is that, BECAUSE he wouldn't give many interviews, this made them VERY ANGRY because it could have been a huge source of revenue for them. Doesn't EVERYTHING always seem to come down to money in the end?! SAD.

****************************************************************

ANYWAY, I FOUND THIS CLIP JUST TODAY. AS IN MY POST ABOVE. I'M PROBABLY PRETTY SURE ALL YOU 'MJFILES' HAVE ALREADY SEEN THIS ONE BUT HERE IS ANOTHER THAT JUST TORE ME UP THIS AM!! DIANA IN HER RECENT CONCERT SHOWS, NO MATTER HOW YOU GUYS MIGHT THINK OF HER(DON'T REALLY KNOW WHAT TO THINK MYSELF!), YOU ALL MUST ADMIT THAT THIS TUGS ON THE OLD HEARTSTRINGS IN REGARDS TO 'NOSTALGIA':) :) :)

Sorry about the quality, can't find a better one at the moment.

mary

Pero ¡¡¡¡qué descaro!!! y no lo insulto porqué es una persona mayor. Michael Jackson ya sabía ya como debia dejar el testamento. Una madre nunca deja a un hijo de lado. Y si murió és porqué Dios se lo quiso llevar ya que no hubiera aguantado 50 conciertos. Debe estar bailando Thriller con los muertos.

Princess Jackson

Hindsight is always 20/20. There's always something someone could have done to prevent Michael's passing... But reality is that he is gone, no matter what, he's flown away to be with the other angels... Instead of pointing fingers and blame, Joe needs to unite with everyone. He's looking incompetent now.

susie

God bless Cecilia and all the mothers whose sons/daughters are in heaven.

christi

Seriously? What a bastard. And he wonders why MJ didnt want to be around him. Katherine knew not to bother him, because if she did he probably wouldnt talk to her for a long time, just like he did when his siblings tried to stage an intervention.

The real truth of it is the realy people to blame are the doctors giving MJ the drugs and MJ himself. He was an addict and shouldve gotten help

CubanB

How dare you blame Joe for the Pepsi Accident! Did he put all that Jheri curl juice on Wacko Jackos head? I think not!

MJ's death was his own fault and Joe is a PIMP so stop hating.

G.R.

This piece of sh*t needs to get a job and stop trying to mooch off a son who hated him. The only thing that he has worked hard in his life was his hand beating his kids.

Cathy

janalal - right back atcha! Really enjoy reading your posts as well because you tend to look at things from varying points of view. You're also one of those who can acknowledge that Michael himself had plenty of flaws, and yet it doesn't diminish your love and admiration for him. I really respect that. :)

You know I am totally with you on the television special. JMO, but I don't think a bunch of people attempting to sing Michael's songs onstage is really a fitting tribute to him. I would enjoy most exactly what you describe - those who really knew him (family and close friends) getting together and remembering the little things. I loved Marlon's story at the memorial of going into the record store and seeing Michael in disguise. I know there are tons of little stories like that that reveal Michael as a real human being with a great sense of intelligence and humor. As you know, I always think about the special that Michael Landon's friends and family did for him after he died -- "Michael Landon: Memories with Laughter and Love" -- that took on this kind of formmat. I would love to see something like this done for Michael.

Thanks for the link to the Diana video. It was very touching. Great pics in the background. Michael loved her very much.

Alan Carver

Joe Jackson continues to show his true colors to the world by doing interviews like these. What does he accomplish? Absolutely nothing. He does not get any sympathy, he will not get from Michael's estate what he thinks he is entitled to. None of this family will, expect for the one Michael felt he could trust and would be his caregivers long after he was gone. Katherine will do her best as long as she is alive, but Lord knows the woman is getting on in years so her time is limited. So what happens after she is gone, that is what one should worry about. And God help those three kids if one of the brothers gets hold of handling any financials for them of on their behalf! Janet seems to be the logical one with good solid advice from her camp and not the greedy ones playing with MJ's estate today. Joe Jackson can blame everyone else for what he feels happened to Michael, but really the truth of the matter is that he knows he is a screw-up as a father and he is NOW no longer entitled to anything from any of his kids! They are ADULTS taking care of their own families. He is one perfect example this Father's Day on what NOT TO DO as a FATHER with children! No matter what kind of excuses you make to justify the means to an end! LOSER !

vareader

Come on Joe he's no longer here to intimidate and beat up on to take money to stay away and then you attack his Mom the one who loved and stood by him whom he made sure had his children to keep safe from you. You are a media whore and no one should buy what you are selling

Joan

What a disgusting little man.And I mean that in every way, shape, and form.

lem

i don't believe he is capable of admitting his own mistakes coz he makes it a point to blame others for it...
he just needs to shut up, earn a living to finance his lifestyle and keep out of the news coz we don't want to hear anymore of his gimmicks...

lynn

I wonder how much Joe cared about Michael when he was beating him? And now he has the nerve to say it's Katherine's fault that Michael died - give me a break!Maybe his own guiltly conscience is getting the better of him - oh, I forgot, Joe doesn't have a conscience. If Joe had been a loving father to Michael he wouldn't have had some of the problems he did and Joe could have gone to Michael to support him. Abusers like Joe always see themselves as victims and blame others for the problems in their lives. Stop blaming Katherine - she's doing the best she can for her grandkids and losing Michael must have been devastating for her. What a creep.

cARMEN CECILIA DE RIBBON VARGAS